Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes, Women Can Lie

Exclamation Yes, Women Can Lie

Yes, Women Can Lie

http://takimag.com/article/yes-women...#ixzz5TYQ9dwM0

by David Cole

October 09, 2018

If I were Brian Banks, I’d be obsessed with trying to figure out when and how I pissed off a gypsy. Because seriously, what else but a gypsy curse can explain this guy’s life?

Brian Banks was a young man with a bright future. A skilled football player, he was in great demand by pro teams…until a high school classmate accused him of rape. Yes, a noble black woman (aren’t they all?) accused a thuggish black man (ditto) of raping her in the halls of their high school, and the prosecutors, their fortitude embiggened by the glowing rays of nobleness emanating from the brave, courageous victim, put Banks away for five years, based solely on the word of the saintly female, whose heroism was of such magnitude that next to her, Harriet Tubman looks like the “where’s the beef” lady.

Lady Noble Noir also sued the school district where the rape took place, for not providing a safe campus for purehearted women of color. She won $1.5 million.

After serving his time, Banks was contacted by his accuser, who wanted to resume their friendship (the friendship that was interrupted by her rape accusation). He, and his legal team, recorded her admitting that she’d made up the entire rape story. Banks was fully exonerated, and the school district successfully sued Noble Negress for the return of the money from the civil suit (sadly, that money was long gone, having been spent on hair extensions and Tyler Perry DVDs).

His name cleared, his tormentor punished, surely Brian Banks assumed that his bad luck had ended.

Fat chance.

In 2017, Hollywood came a-callin’. Some hotshot producers wanted to make a feature film of Banks’ ordeal. The director of the project was Tom Shadyac, the A-lister behind such hits as Evan Almighty, Bruce Almighty, Patch Adams, Liar Liar, and The Nutty Professor. Banks himself was tapped to executive-produce.

Now, finally, Brian Banks would have his say. Now the world would hear his story. Now he would not be silenced by a woman making dubious rape claims.

The film went into limited released a week ago. A movie about a decent man whose life and career prospects were ruined by a high school classmate who made an uncorroborated rape charge was released a week ago. A movie about a real-life incident in which a woman outright lied about a high school rape to try to prevent a man who had done her no harm from landing his dream job was released during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings…as a woman was trying to prevent a decent man from landing his dream job by lodging an uncorroborated high school rape charge.

If you haven’t heard of the Brian Banks film, there’s a reason. No one in the media is talking about it. Remember all the hype surrounding Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman and Jordan Peele’s Get Out? Those movies were played up ceaselessly in the press because, we were told, they’re movies “America needs to see right now.” But in the case of the Banks film, while a dingbat like me can try to make the silly ol’ argument that Banks’ story is way more relevant than a horror movie about whites transferring their consciousness into lobotomized black zombies, the powers-that-be know better: The Banks film is exactly what America doesn’t need to see at the moment.

To be fair, the film might have been a hard sell at any time in the post-#MeToo universe. But to release it during the friggin’ Kavanaugh confirmation hearings was a stake through its celluloid heart. Brian Banks’ film is as doomed as his football career, and as lost as his youth.

The left cannot allow you to know the Brian Banks story, because at the moment, leftists are attempting to push yet another of their reality-bending myths, which is that “women don’t lie” about sexual assault. Women must be taken at their word; lying isn’t a possibility. It’s not just that women don’t lie, it’s that women can’t lie. A leftist will shriek, “Why would a woman lie about rape?” Well, ask that question to Banks’ accuser, Wanetta Gibson. “What could any woman stand to gain from lying about rape?” Well, in Wanetta Gibson’s case, $1.5 mil.

The critical reaction to the Banks film has been hilarious. Forced to review the movie after it won the audience award (oh $#@!, people actually like the film? Suppression shield activate!) for best feature at the Los Angeles Film Festival, Variety’s Peter Debruge devoted his entire column to trying to explain how a movie that is relevant to current events is totally not relevant to current events.

“The timing could hardly be worse for ‘Brian Banks,’” Debruge declared. “In a sign that this solid social-justice drama stands apart from current events—an exceptional case that neither contradicts nor enhances the #MeToo movement—‘Brian Banks’ was met with multiple standing ovations at its L.A. Film Festival premiere.” Let’s take a moment to dissect that ungodly bull$#@! statement. The fact that the film was met with standing ovations and audience awards is a sign that it “stands apart from current events”? Why is it not a sign that it heavily relates to them? In Debruge’s world, in which everyone and their pampered terrier is a registered Democrat and social-justice loon, it’s inconceivable that an audience might view this film as relevant to current events, because current events are telling us that women don’t lie. Hence, the standing ovations must therefore be proof that the audience viewed it as standing apart from today’s news. Debruge’s proof of this is nothing more than his personal bias, much as Christine Ford’s proof of her assault allegation was nothing more than a 30-year-old “recovered” memory.

While reassuring his readers that it’s okay to like the Banks film because the real villains are the white prosecutors who were racist for seeking to convict an innocent black man (this bulb is so dim, he literally can’t comprehend that they only prosecuted because they believed the woman, which is exactly what we’re all currently being ordered to do), Debruge concludes, “Is this the movie the world needs now, one that casts doubt on survivor testimony and feeds a misogynistic culture’s fear that ‘good’ men can have their lives destroyed by such accusations (while failing to acknowledge how sexual assault can do the same to its targets)?”

Dear Gypsy Who Cursed Brian Banks: Please curse this guy instead. Seriously. This guy deserves it; Banks didn’t. So please, at least give Peter Debruge some warts or lesions or something.

Debruge condemns the film for failing to acknowledge that sexual assault can harm women in a movie about a woman who was not a victim of sexual assault. The film tells a true, uncontested story in which the man was the victim. So yes, good men can have their lives destroyed by false rape accusations. Debruge calls the “fear that ‘good’ men can have their lives destroyed by such accusations” a product of “misogyny.” No, cretin. That fear is a product of reality. Because it happened. And you admit it happened. And by the way, a-hole, putting scare quotes around “good” when referring to Brian Banks is—how do the kids say it these days?—“racist AF.”

Leftism is, and has always been, about trying to persuade the general public to accept as truth things that are objectively false, from Marxist economics (“It works even though it never has”) to the New Soviet Man (“We can breed selfishness out of the human character”) to Lysenkoism (“Genes are a myth!”). In current times, we should have shut that $#@! down the minute leftists told us that asthma inhalers were a greater threat to the polar icecaps than the private jets of millionaires (let’s not forget that the CFC inhaler ban was passed under George W. Bush…another example of Republicans going along with leftist insanity so as not to be slammed as Hitlers by the people who slam us as Hitlers anyway). And now, it’s become a litmus test that to not be condemned as a Hitler, one must accept that a man who thinks he’s a woman “on the inside” is actually a full-fledged biological woman. That’s what the left does. Like cult leaders, leftists are not content to believe their own nonsense. They must force you to believe it, too.

Because that’s how you know you’ve broken someone, that’s how you know you can bend them to your will…when you can persuade them to see what isn’t there, and accept as truth that which is objectively false.

And today, the left is demanding fealty to the notion that women don’t lie about sexual assault. We know that’s untrue. The facts conclusively show that it’s untrue. As much as anything on earth, it’s an objective truth that women can lie about sexual assault. It doesn’t mean they always do, it doesn’t mean they often do, and it doesn’t mean that rape isn’t a real and vile crime. But women can lie. It does happen.

That’s why the Brian Banks story is so important. It’s a tool for cult deprogramming. And that’s why the Jim Joneses on the left cannot allow it to be seen. The history of the left has been one of testing what they can get away with, how far we’ll allow ourselves to be bullied into seeing up as down and night as day. We laid down for the asthma-inhaler ban, and let’s not underplay the importance of that, because it showed that we were willing to acquiesce to leftist myths even at the risk of human lives (the lives of asthmatics). And now we’re being browbeaten into agreeing that a man in a dress is a woman who should be allowed to use female-only bathrooms and locker rooms. We stand by impotently as scholarly papers challenging tranny orthodoxy are censored and scientists and academics silenced. Because if we speak what we know to be true, we will also be silenced. So we let it happen. We let the cult leaders dictate the terms of reality.

Which brings us to the newest tribute the left is demanding we pay to unreason: “Women don’t lie.” Deep down, we all know that isn’t true. So this new orthodoxy must be enforced by intimidation (like accosting people in elevators) and suppression of all information that proves the myth wrong (like the Banks film).

As Soviet serial killer Andrei Chikatilo was wantonly murdering women and boys in the 1980s, the commissars bullied the police and the press into accepting the lie that serial killers were purely a Western phenomenon. Communists could not be serial killers, hence there were no murders (even though there were). That was the surrender to unreality their cult demanded, and people lost their lives as a result.

Today’s American leftists demand allegiance to an even greater myth: Women don’t lie. And we surrender to that myth at our own risk.

Just ask Brian Banks.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Well-spoken black man with a nice suit.

My guess is he's a drug dealer.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

A movie I would actually shell out some exorbitant ducats to watch. SMDH. The ole lady went to see "A star is born" tonight. She's there now. She went with one of her girlfriends. I don't watch re-imagined craptastrophies. This is why Hollywood fails and why the theaters are only half full. Last movie I went to see was the one about Desmond Doss. Can't remember the one before that.

Yes, Women Can Lie

No we can't!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    No we can't!!!!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    There is a way to solve this riddle by asking what would the other tribe say about who you are. This is where we encounter concepts like double crossing. What if the black foot decided to impersonate a white foot and provided a "false" answer just to confuse you? When did we become such simpletons?

Fake Hate Crime: Ohio University lesbian student arrested for sending death threats to herself

https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/fak...ats-to-herself

Posted on October 12, 2018 by Dr. Eowyn | 9 Comments

The latest in a long string of hate-crime hoaxes by the Left comes from Ohio University, where a lesbian journalism student was arrested by police on Oct. 8, 2018, for fake death threats that she’d sent to herself.

The university’s student paper The Post identifies the student, Anna Ayers, as “an LGBTQ”, member of the Student Senate, and commissioner of the Senate Appropriations Commission. She is also a columnist and member of the publishing board of The Post.

Ayers reported receiving three threatening messages, two in the Student Senate office and one at her residence, including:

A “hateful, harassing” note referencing her LGBTQ identity and calling her a derogatory term.
    Another note in her desk that included a threat against her life.
    Ayers said she had spent the weekend “angry, frustrated and disappointed” after finding the first note. After receiving the death threat, she spent hours with the threat “ringing over and over again in (her) head.”

Student Senate President Maddie Sloat said the note likely came from someone within Student Senate because whoever left the note had to know which desk in the senate office belonged to Ayers. Sloat said in a statement:

We are still processing and encouraging our members to take time to heal and utilize campus support resources right now. We’re complying with the investigation and OUPD. We hope Anna receives the help that she needs.

At a special Student Senate meeting to discuss the threats, several senators said they were shocked the threat had happened on a campus they had long considered safe and accepting. Others said it was important to remember hate exists everywhere. The meeting discussed the importance of standing up to injustices and examining personal biases, and the need for cultural competency courses.

Ayers said it was hard to comprehend that the notes might have come from someone within Student Senate:

“Senate will never be the same for me. The friendships will continue to grow, and our successes will always evoke pride, but the memory of my time in senate and at OU will be marred by this experience. We will all have a memory of a time when this body failed one of its own.”

Despite all that, Ayers would not quite the Senate. She said “I could have quit senate Friday after the first note. I mean, nobody would have said I didn’t have the right to do that. But it never crossed my mind.”

Addressing the writer of the notes, Ayers said she hoped that person was in the room and called that person weak, cowardly and worthless. She said:

“You may find me revolting and worthy of a threat on my life, but in reality, it is your beliefs that are repulsive. You need to get this through your head, you f—ing a–hole: I am proud to be who I am, and nothing you could say or do will ever change that.”

The university even had the locks on the Student Senate doors changed.

The Post reports that on October 8, 2018, after an investigation found that Ayers had sent the three threatening notes to herself, Ohio University police arrested and charged her with three counts of making false alarms. Each count is a first-degree misdemeanor that carries a maximum penalty of 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

The next day, Ayers resigned from her positions as commissioner of the Senate Appropriations Commission and as a member of The Post Publishing Board.

On Wednesday, Oct. 10, Ayers pleaded not guilty to the three counts. She was scheduled to appear in Athens County Municipal Court yesterday morning, but will appear at a later date.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Fake Hate Crime: Ohio University lesbian student arrested for sending death threats to herself
    So she sent threats to herself. She created a hoax. She lied.
    But all that's not important. Its the message that's important. Feelings are what matters.
    She may be the victim of her own threats, her own lies, her own hoax, and her own delusion. But she is still the victim.
    Therefore you have to believe her.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Modern American PC culture cries out for tales of victimization.
    You aren't somebody unless you're a victim.
    You’re an outsider if you aren’t a member of the #metoo club.
    There is a lot of peer pressure to join. Being a victim is now a social status symbol.
    How can you get those pats on the back, and the mass outpouring a fake empathy (“so sorry” “I feel for you”) from totals strangers unless you are admitted into their victim club.
    Everyone is a victim. If you don’t have a good victim story one you make it up or create a hoax.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-14-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    And this time, unlike the Scottsboro boys case or the Duke Lacross case, it was a black woman falsely accusing a black woman so you can't blame racism or reverse racism.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Crazy lady claims a 9 year old sexually assaulted her, calls the police, cameras show his backpack rubbed up on her as he walked by.

Last edited by dannno; 10-15-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...him/ar-BBPLmo5

His ex accused him of an attack that could have meant life in prison. A selfie saved him.
    When 21-year-old Christopher Precopia met with a recruiter to enlist in the U.S. Army in October, he was rejected because of the violent offense for which he had been charged last year.

Precopia, of Williamson County, Tex., was arrested Sept. 22, 2017, after his ex-girlfriend told police that he’d broken into her home and assaulted her — using a box cutter to carve an “X” just below her neck, Texas ABC affiliate KVUE reported.

Except there was one problem: Precopia didn’t do it.

In oral and written statements to police, his accuser detailed how Precopia had forced his way into her home, pushing her to the ground before punching her in the face and slicing her with the box cutter.
    That was news to Precopia.

He was given minimal information when police took him into custody, according to defense attorney Rick Flores.
    When Precopia asked police why he was being arrested, Flores says police told his client, “Don’t act like you don’t know.”
    And when police said they had a warrant for his arrest in Bell County, Flores said Precopia’s response was: “Where is Bell County?”
    He was charged with burglary of a habitation with the intent to commit other crimes, a felony offense that carries the possibility of a life sentence.
    “I had no idea who accused me of this; I had no idea why everything was happening,” Precopia told KVUE. “I was constantly fearful as to what could happen the next day . . . I was going to sleep hoping I wouldn’t wake up, just to get away from it.”
    After he spent more than a day in jail, Precopia’s parents took out loans to post his $150,000 bond and pay for a lawyer in an effort to prove their son was innocent, Flores said.

As Precopia’s family worked to clear his name, his mother, Erin, realized she possessed a piece of evidence that could exonerate him: a selfie taken at 7:02 p.m. on Sept. 20, 2017, at the Renaissance Austin Hotel.

His accuser had told police that she was attacked by Precopia at 7:20 p.m. that same day in her Bell County home, nearly 70 miles away in Temple. Cellphone towers also helped pinpoint Precopia’s actual location, Flores said.

“He was very fortunate that she chose a date and time that he just happened to have a rock-solid alibi for,” Flores said. “He and I have talked many times about how lucky he is, whether you believe in a higher power or good old-fashioned luck.”
    If his accuser had claimed that the attack had taken place the day before or after, Flores said, his client’s only excuse would have been that he was sitting at home watching TV — a much less convincing alibi.

The charge was dropped on June 21 after Flores took the evidence to the Bell County District Attorney’s Office, he said.
    “We were able to corroborate the basis of what was presented to us, and in due course, we determined the proper action was to dismiss the charge, and that’s what we proceeded to do,” Bell County District Attorney Henry Garza said in an interview Thursday.

Garza added that the Bell County Attorney’s Office will ultimately determine if charges will be made against Precopia’s accuser for making a false statement. KVUE reported Tuesday that Precopia’s accuser has not been charged with a crime.

The Temple Police Department did not return a call Thursday afternoon requesting comment on the case.

Until the charge was dropped, Flores said Precopia and his family were terrified for his future. While they are not planning any civil action against the police department, Flores said the family is exploring a lawsuit against his accuser.

His accuser told police that the two had a “troubled” relationship in high school, which she cited as the reason she reported that Precopia assaulted her, according to KVUE. Flores said he had not spoken with the accuser and could not comment on this allegation.

“His entire family had trouble sleeping at night, wondering what was going to happen, if anyone would believe them, if there would be a trial, prison time or a life sentence,” Flores said, adding he doesn’t blame police for taking action on the accuser’s allegations.

“We’re more upset with this person that blatantly made up a lie and got him in this mess to begin with,” he said.
    Even though Precopia’s name was cleared, he and his family now wonder how the accusation will affect him moving forward.

“While [his family] is happy it ended up with a dismissal, and that it will be expunged from his record, the damage is kind of done,” Flores said. “Nothing will ever be completely scrubbed from the Internet."

Flores pointed to Precopia’s encounter with the Army recruiter as “a small example of how this will follow him around forever.”
    He added that Precopia’s application to enlist is “currently being reviewed by someone higher up at the U.S. Army.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

His ex accused him of an attack that could have meant life in prison. A selfie saved him.
    She should be in jail, and after that on parole for life with regular checks on her mental health.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

She should be in jail, and after that on parole for life with regular checks on her mental health.
    agreed. and yet she is still not charged. seems open and shut to me if they dropped the charges against him.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

#Ibelievedhermistakenly
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

So if there are no witness, how can the police go and arrest somebody just the word of someone else?

Shouldn't there just be a summons for a court hearing?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

She should get exactly what he would have gotten.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    #Ibelievedhermistakenly
    #LynchHimToo

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Like cult leaders, leftists are not content to believe their own nonsense. They must force you to believe it, too.
    Hey, now! Where does this guy get off slandering cults and cult leaders like this?

Seriously, though, the dynamics of cults correspond only superficially to the phenomena being described by the author. Cult leaders seek to impose upon their members isolation from outsiders and "reality" (whatever that might be), rather than integration with or into them. As cults expand and grow, the control exercised by their leaders becomes more tenuous, and the likelihood of dilution or schism increases. This is why cults tend to be relatively small and highly insular.

To arrive at a much better and more accurate metaphor for what the author is getting at, do the folowing:
    (1) analogize politicians, academics, corporatists, etc. not with "cult leaders" but with O'Brien and the Inner Party
    (2) analogize activists, students, journalists, etc. not with "cult members" but with useful idiots drawn from the Outer Party
    (3) finally, imagine (1) using (2) to turn the whole world into Room 101 ...

Because that’s how you know you’ve broken someone, that’s how you know you can bend them to your will…when you can persuade them to see what isn’t there, and accept as truth that which is objectively false.
    "... But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-16-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And this time, unlike the Scottsboro boys case or the Duke Lacross case, it was a black woman falsely accusing a black woman so you can't blame racism or reverse racism.
    I'm sure someone will figure out a way to do it.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Hey, now! Where does this guy get off slandering cults and cult leaders like this?

Seriously, though, the dynamics of cults correspond only superficially to the phenomena being described by the author. Cult leaders seek to impose upon their members isolation from outsiders and "reality" (whatever that might be), rather than integration with or into them. As cults expand and grow, the control exercised by their leaders becomes more tenuous, and the likelihood of dilution or schism increases. This is why cults tend to be relatively small and highly insular.

To arrive at a much better and more accurate metaphor for what the author is getting at, do the folowing:
    (1) analogize politicians, academics, corporatists, etc. not with "cult leaders" but with O'Brien and the Inner Party
    (2) analogize activists, students, journalists, etc. not with "cult members" but with useful idiots drawn from the Outer Party

"... But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."
    See, now, this kind of intellectualism is sort of frowned on here now. Get with the times banana.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    No we can't!!!!
    Liar!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Liar!!!
    Believe all women.
    "The Patriarch"

Of course women can lie; did someone think otherwise..?

Straiten up.

See, now, this kind of intellectualism is sort of frowned on here now. Get with the times banana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Ooops! Sorry!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

"You must spread some Reputation around..."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

For real. Not a single "Trump ROX!!!" or "Republicans rule!" in the whole post.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast