Thread: 13 Year Olds Facing Half Year in Prison for Trick or Treating

13 Year Olds Facing Half Year in Prison for Trick or Treating

This morning, on the radio, I heard that a nearby town has a ordinance that limits the age of trick or treating to 12. Anyone over that age is subject to $100 fine and 6 months in jail. I had to look it up to see if it was true and it seems there are a many areas that put kids in jail for trick or treating. Prison Nation!

Oct. 9 (UPI) -- Halloween revelers in Virginia are being warned of the holiday's unusual rules -- including potential jail time for trick-or-treaters over the age of 12.

The city code in Chesapeake puts strict limits on trick-or-treating, including making it a misdemeanor for anyone over the age of 12 to don costumes and go door-to-door for candy.

The code lists the penalty for overage trick-or-treating as fines of up to $25-$100 and up to six months in jail.

The section of city code, ratified in 1970, also bans trick-or-treating after 8 p.m., with potential fines of $10-$100 and the possibility of up to 30 days in jail.

The city of Newport News also restricts trick-or-treating to children 12 and under, and adds that "no accompanying parent or guardian shall wear a mask of any type."

Historians said Halloween wasn't widely celebrated in New England for many years due to strict Protestant traditions, but the holiday eventually spread from other states and was a common celebration by the 1950s.
    Link

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    so.. does this affect trick-or-drink (ing) too?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Thank goodness this if finally taking place. The problem is those pesky older boys, especially those conservative boys. They are a threat to all the younger liberal female trick or treaters.

Fake news.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Fake news.
    Clickbait site links to another clickbait site, which links here:

https://hrscene.com/community/local-...nd-guidelines/

Seems legit.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I have an old Army buddy from Newport News , If I run into him I will ask him about it . Sounds insane
    Do something Danke

Thats the most insane thing I've ever heard.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Thats the most insane thing I've ever heard.
    According to the City of Chesapeake, police will focus on making sure the evening is safe for everyone, not actively seeking out violations of the time or age limits. For example, a thirteen year old safely trick or treating with a younger sibling is not going to have any issues. That same child taking pumpkins from porches and smashing them in the street more likely will.

Ya, it's one of those things where if the police think you're doing something wrong but they can't pin an actual crime on you, then they can get you with this instead.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.