Thread: Hurricane Michael Updates

Hurricane Michael Updates

MICHAEL STRENGTHENS TO A MAJOR HURRICANE : NHC
    Michael as a major Category 3 storm is projected to plow into Florida’s panhandle at midday on Wednesday

National Hurricane Center Web Site http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
    Weather Underground Tropical Weather Web Site http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/
    Accuweather Tropical Weather Web Site http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hur...er=accuweather
    Weather Channels Tropical Weather Web Site http://www.weather.com/storms/hurricane

Last edited by goldenequity; 10-09-2018 at 09:41 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oct.09.2018 / 5:57 AM MST
    Hurricane Michael upgraded to Category 3 storm, will be 'major hurricane' when it hits Florida
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather...ndfall-n918051

"Hurricane Michael is forecast to be the most destructive storm to hit the Florida Panhandle in decades,"
    Florida Gov. Rick Scott warned on Tuesday.

Michael as a major Category 3 storm is projected to plow into Florida’s panhandle at midday on Wednesday, unleashing potentially devastating waves of seawater as high as 13 feet (4 meters) that could rush inland for miles around the storm’s center with half a million coastal residents strongly urged to seek higher ground.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 10-09-2018 at 06:05 PM.

October 10, 2018, 5:32:16 AM EDT
    Michael intensifies to Category 4 hurricane
    "AccuWeather predicts total damage and economic impact will be $15 billion,”
    'slow' Florence prediction of $60 billion due to inland flooding and damage.
    Michael=fast movement so not expected to be nearly as severe as Florence.

Florida: significant water funneled into Apalachee Bay and between Mexico Beach and Keaton Beach.
    Carolinas: Track within 100 miles of the Carolina coastline, gales of 50-60 mph risk of flash flooding

Last edited by goldenequity; 10-10-2018 at 06:19 AM.

Cat 4 making landfall in Panama City Beach.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Cat 4 making landfall in Panama City Beach.
    we vacationed there 3 yrs recently...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

One good thing about living in Indiana. Not having to worry much about tropical storms.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    One good thing about living in Indiana. Not having to worry much about tropical storms.
    Raining again here now . I would like about three dry weeks now to get caught up with all of my work.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Raining again here now . I would like about three dry weeks now to get caught up with all of my work.
    Do your people have an anti-rain dance?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Do your people have an anti-rain dance?
    No , but I need one . Been wet since end of Jan here pretty much.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    No , but I need one . Been wet since end of Jan here pretty much.
    Maybe you could try doing a rain dance backwards.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Too many fires. Too much smoke. This causes man made climate change.

Maybe you could try doing a rain dance backwards.
    I am doubtful it can be reversed until Danke is reigned in . He has probably angered Thundergod with some sordid carnal activities .
    Do something Danke

The mayor of north florida is sure not wasting a crisis. You would never know that he is only mayor of tallahassee if you go only by the news, he even has paid ads of him talking about the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    The mayor of north florida is sure not wasting a crisis. You would never know that he is only mayor of tallahassee if you go only by the news, he even has paid ads of him talking about the storm.
    The mayor of Tallahassee is running for governor. Against Rick Scott.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think I've ever in my life seen a hurricane reach middle Georgia and still not have been downgraded to a tropical storm. I know folks in Florida probably walk their dogs in 75 MPH winds, and would laugh at me saying that. Kinda like how people up north laugh when a snowflake lands on the windshield and we reach for the eject button in our cars.

Having said that, I wasn't worried about the hurricane. The tornados they bring with them, I could do without.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

A Florida Democrat running for U.S. Senate was busted Thursday morning for apparently masquerading a Hurricane Michael donation link as a Democrat fundraising tool.
    “Speaking of @NelsonForSenate fundraising during hurricane, this is interesting: The link his campaign posted to raise money for disaster relief efforts takes you to ActBlue, the Democrat’s fundraising engine. Building donor list through hurricane relief contributions? #FLSen,” according to Free Beacon’s Brent Scher.

ActBlue’s mission statement is to “empower small-dollar donors.” It is an independent software non-profit that has been used to raise over two billion dollars for Democrats and their causes since 2004.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/busted...draising-page/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pushed out of the N.C. Piedmont about an hour ago. Slid just south of Charlotte but we felt it here. I think the winds and rain dump was greater than what Florence brought. But, it is moving fast and was short lived. Skies clear and blue and the heat and humidity has blown out. Looking to be a beautiful weekend. Summer is finally gone.

Armed looters are targeting homes and businesses that remain without electricity after being ravaged by Hurricane Michael a week ago. Sheriff's Maj. Jimmy Stanford said deputies have arrested about 10 looters each night since Florida's Bay County took a direct hit from the strong Category 4 storm last Wednesday. In some parts of the county, residents have spray-painted signs warning that "looters will be shot."
    Callaway resident Victoria Smith told the News Herald that thieves came into her townhome while she and her four children were sleeping with the front door open to allow a breeze inside.
    "I must've been so exhausted from everything in the past days I didn't even hear them come in," Smith said. "They just snatched my purse out of my hands and ran. ... It was all we had."
    Often the looters have been armed, Stanford said.
    "Most of our officers lost their homes, have been working 16- to 18-hour shifts with no sleep, no shower, and now they're encountering armed individuals," he said. "It's a stressful time for everyone in Bay County."

More at: https://www.nola.com/hurricane/index...cane_mich.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment