Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump promotes stop-and-frisk

Last edited by Matt Collins; 10-08-2018 at 05:56 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Only in Chicago.

Aratus... looks... Up...

Stop-and-frisk,

And also, offend-and be-imprisoned-forever-without-trial-or-any-other-semblance-of-due-process.

Good thing the SCOTUS was just supplemented by a PATRIOT Act enthusiast.

he said the same thing in 2016 and nothing happened.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

He's a right wing democrat, so this would be consistent with his stances on gay weddings, bathrooms, inter-racial romances, gun control, foreign sanctions/interventions, domestic tariffs, abortion/contraception, aid to Israel etc. Joe Lieberman, Lindsey Graham and various other bluedog neocons are not supporting him for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    he said the same thing in 2016 and nothing happened.
    He says lot of things but only does what is approved by his largest donors. Other than that, he's pretty fearless.

Related

Trump about to ban bump stocks

But to be fair, such stances like his gun control push are not entirely new development, GOP-Jarvanka wing's current leader has a long track record of supporting democratic causes and politicians.

Trump donated $50,000 to Rahm Emanuel’s 2010 Chicago mayoral campaign.
    https://variety.com/2017/biz/news/ar...ee-1201981545/

That was soon after Rahm served as Obama White House Chief of Staff.

so much Liberty, I can't take it anymore /sarc
    This a-hole absolutely enrages me
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

This is not a grab-em-by-the-pussy reference?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Make
    America
    Groan
    Again

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    so much Liberty, I can't take it anymore /sarc
    This a-hole absolutely enrages me
    It seems implementing a deeper police state was the one campaign promise he fully intends to keep.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It seems implementing a deeper police state was the one campaign promise he fully intends to keep.

He's been doing this right along. Copsucking on a truly epic scale, more military weapons to and militarizatiom of the police, encouraging cops to be tougher and rougher with suspects. Cheerleading universal surveillance. A true "law and order" authoritarian.

Trump is an authoritarian "strong man" in the same vein as those the people in banana republics south of the border are stereotypically accused of favoring. And, judging by their reactions to his actions, that's exactly what most Trump supporters want.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 10-09-2018 at 09:25 AM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    He's been doing this right along. Copsucking on a truly epic scale, more military weapons to and militarizatiom of the police, encouraging cops to be tougher and rougher with suspects. Cheerleading universal surveillance. A true "law and order" authoritarian.

Trump is an authoritarian "strong man" in the same vein as those the people in banana republics south of the border are stereotypically accused of favoring. And, judging by their reactions to his actions, that's exactly what most Trump supporters want.
    This is why I'm surprised by the warming up to Trump by some of who were previously the most vocal against the rising police state, such as AF. Now it seems no one cares about the further militarization of police, further ignoring of rights, further surveillance state and control grid, etc. I can't imagine what could possibly make someone throw out their entire "pet issue" of many years in favor of what appears to be mostly rhetoric without much substance. Not a peep on these sorts of threads by the resident Trumpers. I assume because they can't be spun with a "nuh uh, that's fake news, here's what's really happening" type response.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

This is why I'm surprised by the warming up to Trump by some of who were previously the most vocal against the rising police state, such as AF. Now it seems no one cares about the further militarization of police, further ignoring of rights, further surveillance state and control grid, etc. I can't imagine what could possibly make someone throw out their entire "pet issue" of many years in favor of what appears to be mostly rhetoric without much substance. Not a peep on these sorts of threads by the resident Trumpers. I assume because they can't be spun with a "nuh uh, that's fake news, here's what's really happening" type response.
    Hope. Hope is a powerful motivator. By properly leveraging your hopes and fears, a politician can get you to support almost anything.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Hope. Hope is a powerful motivator. By properly leveraging your hopes and fears, a politician can get you to support almost anything.
    Very true. Those are indeed the two predominant emotions manipulated like clockwork, aren't they?

The controllers present the scenario, with strong knowledge of the predictable reaction, and are rarely disappointed by the result.

Let's give this a Trump-Humpers-Bump.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exclamation

I swear to Christ, I can't win for $#@!ing losing around this joint.

I have been banging the "Down with the police state" drum for decades now. I banged it so hard around here, everything I posted got relegated to an unviewed dungeon, "one starred" threads by hecklers in the peanut gallery and generally given grief over my "Dead Dog Daily" stories, to the point where I gave up, tired of the ulcers and the sick rage I get every time I see one of these stories.

Now that's a sign that i have somehow "warmed up" to the idea that $#@! cops should be allowed to just randomly stop people and frisk them whenever they $#@!ing feel like it?

Kiss my ass, what the $#@! do you want from me???

This is bull$#@! policy and we all know it, what more do you want me to say?

I'm not "warming up" to the idea of a police state. I'm not "warming up" to Trump, other than to point out where he has done a demonstrably good thing, and there have been some good things that have come out this administration. Unlike the unhinged Jacobin and Bolshevik left currently running amok, I can see that, objectively. But if you think I'm going to throw in with those $#@!s, just because of my opposition to a police state, you've got another thing coming.

Tell you what: convince me that more than 1 percent of AmeriKunts give a flying $#@! at a rolling donut about their freedom, show me one single $#@!, besides myself, for example, that gives the slightest bit of grief and pushback at the TSA gate rape stations rather than doing the Compliance Shuffle, and maybe I'll get inspired to start hollering again.

Otherwise, I'm $#@!ing done.

AmeriKunts get the country, the people and the surroundings they deserve.

I'm hunkering down and trying to protect me and mine as best I can from the dimwitted onslaught, and if Trump makes some moves that assist instead of hinder that effort, well, hoo-$#@!ing-rah.

Better than being fought at every single turn.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Thumbs down Trump: Stop and Frisk, Take the Gun Away

Stop & Frisk, Take the Gun Away. They won't have anything to shoot with. MAGA?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I swear to Christ, I can't win for $#@!ing losing around this joint.

I have been banging the "Down with the police state" drum for decades now. I banged it so hard around here, everything I posted got relegated to an unviewed dungeon, "one starred" threads by hecklers in the peanut gallery and generally given grief over my "Dead Dog Daily" stories, to the point where I gave up, tired of the ulcers and the sick rage I get every time I see one of these stories.

Now that's a sign that i have somehow "warmed up" to the idea that $#@! cops should be allowed to just randomly stop people and frisk them whenever they $#@!ing feel like it?

Kiss my ass, what the $#@! do you want from me???

This is bull$#@! policy and we all know it, what more do you want me to say?

I'm not "warming up" to the idea of a police state. I'm not "warming up" to Trump, other than to point out where he has done a demonstrably good thing, and there have been some good things that have come out this administration. Unlike the unhinged Jacobin and Bolshevik left currently running amok, I can see that, objectively. But if you think I'm going to throw in with those $#@!s, just because of my opposition to a police state, you've got another thing coming.

Tell you what: convince me that more than 1 percent of AmeriKunts give a flying $#@! at a rolling donut about their freedom, show me one single $#@!, besides myself, for example, that gives the slightest bit of grief and pushback at the TSA gate rape stations rather than doing the Compliance Shuffle, and maybe I'll get inspired to start hollering again.

Otherwise, I'm $#@!ing done.

AmeriKunts get the country, the people and the surroundings they deserve.

I'm hunkering down and trying to protect me and mine as best I can from the dimwitted onslaught, and if Trump makes some moves that assist instead of hinder that effort, well, hoo-$#@!ing-rah.

Better than being fought at every single turn.

So, not supporting Trump, or more accurately, ceasing to try to hold his feet to the fire on what seemed to be your top issue, automatically means "throwing in with the Bolsheviks"?

Same ol' duality games always effective for fear of being labeled by others as this or that. Gotta wonder why people are so terrified of what someone else calls you?

I hate to tell you this but y'alls reactions to the shill's constant labels ("you ain't a libtard, are ya?) and the controlled opposition "enemy of my enemy is my friend" just guarantees that you'll get much more of it, until you completely cease to say anything. The shills are labeling truth tellers as "libtards" from the false right and the shills are labeling truth tellers "bigots" from the false left. The desired end result is self-censorship for fear of being labeled something bad. And yes, someone will always find something to label you with as long as it is effective.

So, not supporting Trump, or more accurately, ceasing to try to hold his feet to the fire on what seemed to be your top issue, automatically means "throwing in with the Bolsheviks"?

Same ol' duality games always effective for fear of being labeled by others as this or that. Gotta wonder why people are so terrified of what someone else calls you?

I hate to tell you this but y'alls reactions to the shill's constant labels ("you ain't a libtard, are ya?) and the controlled opposition "enemy of my enemy is my friend" just guarantees that you'll get much more of it, until you completely cease to say anything. The shills are labeling truth tellers as "libtards" from the false right and the shills are labeling truth tellers "bigots" from the false left. The desired end result is self-censorship for fear of being labeled something bad. And yes, someone will always find something to label you with as long as it is effective.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

LOL- I've been called a troll, by some who promote nothing but fear and hate, for objecting to this & pointing out that that is exactly the division that TPTB want.

Just pointing out the the whole Kavanaugh BS was a ruse, & that the REAL reasons to question his seat in the SCOTUS was his part in the Patriot Act & his neocon POV on many issues, sent some Trump-lovers into fits of rage.

That said, @Anti Federalist is one of my favorites on the forum & time will shortly tell where this crazy road is leading us.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Just pointing out the the whole Kavanaugh BS was a ruse, & that the REAL reasons to question his seat in the SCOTUS was his part in the Patriot Act & his neocon POV on many issues, sent some Trump-lovers into fits of rage.
    What a pile of horse $#@!, everybody on this forum agrees that the real reasons to question his seat in the SCOTUS was his part in the Patriot Act and such. The very people you are talking about said exactly the same thing.

Nobody liked him that much.. But he is a lot better on a lot of issues than leftist judges who may have taken his seat had the left been successful with their BS smear campaign that was filled with horrifying leftist talking points, i.e. "believe all women".
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You didn't listen to a word I said...

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    time will shortly tell where this crazy road is leading us.
    That much is very true...we'll see how this all unfolds...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You didn't listen to a word I said...
    I did and I contemplated them. If you're being quiet about things that you historically were VERY vocal about then there's a reason. You essentially stated that no one else cares about police state anymore so why should you and essentially the fear of being labeled as being with the Bolsheviks. Both of those perceptions will eventually lead to being self-censored.

This is exactly the time when people MUST be vocal, lest differing opinions cease to exist in the marketplace of ideas and in your case, the actual Bolsheviks end up being the only voice in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Great clip and I take it as a compliment.
    Last edited by devil21; 10-10-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What a pile of horse $#@!, everybody on this forum agrees that the real reasons to question his seat in the SCOTUS was his part in the Patriot Act and such. The very people you are talking about said exactly the same thing.

Nobody liked him that much.. But he is a lot better on a lot of issues than leftist judges who may have taken his seat had the left been successful with their BS smear campaign that was filled with horrifying leftist talking points, i.e. "believe all women".
    Pile of horse $#@!? LOL- that would be your post.

I repeatedly said I did NOT believe the sexual accusations against Kavanaugh. The fact that he helped usher in the Patriot Act, which is why we are all now living in a pile of horse $#@!, should be a detriment in the eyes of all freedom-lovers.

THIS was the reason for the Kavanaugh Reality Show.

The right/left paradigm is to get everyone's eye off the mark & spew hate at each other while TPTB march on.
    There is no spoon.

I did and I contemplated them. If you're being quiet about things that you historically were VERY vocal about then there's a reason. You essentially stated that no one else cares about police state anymore so why should you and essentially the fear of being labeled as being with the Bolsheviks. Both of those perceptions will eventually lead to being self-censored.

This is exactly the time when people MUST be vocal, lest differing opinions cease to exist in the marketplace of ideas and in your case, the actual Bolsheviks end up being the only voice in the room.

Great clip and I take it as a compliment.
    AF stated he was getting ulcers from posting so many police brutality articles. While he's taking a break, you are more than welcome to pick up where he left off.

Now it seems no one cares about the further militarization of police, further ignoring of rights, further surveillance state and control grid, etc. I can't imagine what could possibly make someone throw out their entire "pet issue" of many years in favor of what appears to be mostly rhetoric without much substance. Not a peep on these sorts of threads by the resident Trumpers. I assume because they can't be spun with a "nuh uh, that's fake news, here's what's really happening" type response.
    It turns out that some people only disagreed with the police state when they felt like they might be the target. When they are given a suitably acceptable enemy, they feel that militarization of the police is appropriate. (See also: the 4th amendment and Kavanaugh)
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    AF stated he was getting ulcers from posting so many police brutality articles. While he's taking a break, you are more than welcome to pick up where he left off.
    I can't carry this whole thing myself. I'm not Atlas. People need to be on the ball about what matters to them. Talking about it when the Dem was Pres was easy. Stopping when the Republican Pres is meeting with sheriffs and police chiefs and pushing for increased unreasonable search and seizure with the express intent of disarming people (it's not only for Chicago even though the media is framing it that way) is exactly the time when conservatives and libertarians need to be most vocal. It's easy to join the chorus when the Dem is pushing gun control. Who has the stones to denounce it when it's the Republican? Even when the shills will threaten you with some label meant to shut you up?

eta: The other option is to opt out of it all and stop giving consent via emotional investment en masse. Unlikely to happen though since the methods to secure investment have been honed over thousands of years.
    Last edited by devil21; 10-10-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It turns out that some people only disagreed with the police state when they felt like they might be the target. When they are given a suitably acceptable enemy, they feel that militarization of the police is appropriate. (See also: the 4th amendment and Kavanaugh)
    Please point out one such person and provide quotes to back up your charge.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast