Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump promotes stop-and-frisk

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Please point out one such person and provide quotes to back up your charge.
    K.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

But if it came to that, I would very quietly remove as many troops from foreign soil as possible without arousing too much notice and set them to work, Tet-style, from sea to shining sea. I would shut NSA down and put the engineers to work on every building with all assets in place. I would do the same with CIA. You literally would have to kill all the higher ranking employees and destroy all the infrastructure with explosives and fire in one fell swoop in order to be effective.

After that, all troops come home. All foreign bases closed and demolished prior to abandoning the sites - burned to the ground and into fly-ash. New policy: we mind our own business henceforth, but be ye sorely aware that any move by any foreign power will be met with strict non-equivocation. That would be aimed mainly at China and Russia. We can trade if it please you, but we will destroy you in toto if you make the least gesture to mess with us.

After the 12 month adjustment period in the wake of the elimination of all social progreams, during which I am sure thousands of Americans would have to be killed due to rioting, martial law is lifted and we go on as a freer land... or so the theory goes.

Sadly, this is not likely to happen, and if it did, would likely not go as planned. Power such as that seems to have too strong an effect on any latent corruption, bringing it to incipiency and, thereafter, rapid full-bloom. The minds of all but a small handful of men are so screwed up now that it is virtually impossible to bring substantive positive change to the world. The critical mass simply does not exist. This is why I believe the world as we know it must be take from our hands and destroyed in order for anything REAL to change.

The reason I see martial law as the least unlikely path to the goal is that the people of America are far too ignorant, corrupt, and divided to come to a more conventionally implemented accord.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    K.
    That isn't an example of what you said.
    @osan doesn't believe in a police state, he was discussing how it could be ended.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That isn't an example of what you said.
    @osan doesn't believe in a police state, he was discussing how it could be ended.
    Read it again.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Read it again.
    You read it again, guns can be used to end fights as well as start them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I can't carry this whole thing myself. I'm not Atlas.
    The weight that you carry on your shoulders, posting on this forum, will surely be rewarded. I am certain they will erect a statue of you some day.

This is why I'm surprised by the warming up to Trump by some of who were previously the most vocal against the rising police state, such as AF. Now it seems no one cares about the further militarization of police, further ignoring of rights, further surveillance state and control grid, etc. I can't imagine what could possibly make someone throw out their entire "pet issue" of many years in favor of what appears to be mostly rhetoric without much substance. Not a peep on these sorts of threads by the resident Trumpers. I assume because they can't be spun with a "nuh uh, that's fake news, here's what's really happening" type response.
    Cause supposedly the imgrants gonna take our freedumb so let's give up our freedumb to protect us from the immgrants. Seriously the immigration debate causes people to lose liberty IQ points.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I did and I contemplated them. If you're being quiet about things that you historically were VERY vocal about then there's a reason. You essentially stated that no one else cares about police state anymore so why should you and essentially the fear of being labeled as being with the Bolsheviks. Both of those perceptions will eventually lead to being self-censored.
    No.

I'm quiet because nobody gives a $#@! on either side, and I don't really feel like making myself sick over it anymore.

I quit.

I'm going to ground, I'm hunkering down, I'm choosing a side based not on how much good they will do, but how much they will hurt me.

Trump and everything he is doing will hurt me marginally less than what the Jacobin left would, who I am now convinced, would be quite happy, had they the power to do so, of appointing a modern day Robespierre and hut hutting about the countryside chopping people's (like me) heads off.

AmeriKunts had two decades to support and elect as president a gentle, thoughtful, upstanding man of principles, dedicated to liberty....and they rejected him.

and Kavanaugh will find a way to make sure this is somehow constitutional.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I quit.
    Self censoring even sooner than I anticipated. All because of some very well crafted videos, presented to you by the crafters themselves, of some useful idiots that can barely tie their own shoes, much less really go around the countryside chopping people's heads off. You're seriously scared of the tight jeans soyboys that cry in the presence of a gun? I expected more from William Wallace when the chips were down...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Self censoring even sooner than I anticipated. All because of some very well crafted videos, presented to you by the crafters themselves, of some useful idiots that can barely tie their own shoes, much less really go around the countryside chopping people's heads off. You're seriously scared of the tight jeans soyboys that cry in the presence of a gun? I expected more from William Wallace when the chips were down...
    I'm sorry I disappointed you...my sword and standard are right over yonder...go pick them up yourself.

That avatar is technicolor fantasy, a celluloid hallucination...as real as the notion that good and righteous people would rise up and throw off the chains of their oppressors in the name of liberty.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-10-2018 at 09:04 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You read it again, guns can be used to end fights as well as start them.
    End the police state with a police state?
    Pinochet is the model

End the police state with a police state?
    Your reading comprehension is improving but it is still weak, a police state is an ongoing thing, Osan is proposing a purge.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Love how these high-minded paternalists are trying to hoax us into believing this policy is disrupting some state of ideal liberty, rather than disrupting a war zone as dangerous as Afghanistan.

The irony of thoughtomator's sig is just too much. Toooooo much.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

The irony of thoughtomator's sig is just too much. Toooooo much.
    It's not ironic in the slightest. It's your profound ignorance of liberty which is ironic.

Go make some unfalsifiable predictions and pat yourself on the back or something, like you usually do.

Stop and frisk for gun owners is such a win for liberty! Cuz' blacks in Chicago, right?

Man it's gettin' shilly up in this place.

Stop and frisk for gun owners is such a win for liberty! Cuz' blacks in Chicago, right?
    As I keep telling you, and you are too dumb to learn, liberty is not the savage state of man, but a concept that rests on the rule of law, which itself rests on sovereignty.

These inner cities are lawless war zones and even the existence of sovereignty over these areas is questionable.

If you really wanted liberty for blacks in Chicago - and I don't believe for a second that you care in the slightest about those people or their liberty - then you should support the imposition of a state of peaceful law and order as the basis for liberty.

But let's be real, shall we? You've never done a thing for those people and are being an ersatz SJW advocating for people you don't care about and policies that won't affect you. AKA a total loser and self-righteous hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    As I keep telling you, and you are too dumb to learn, liberty is not the savage state of man, but a concept that rests on the rule of law, which itself rests on sovereignty.
    Pretty sure the 2nd says quite plainly "shall not be infringed." Are you saying it's ok to infringe if men decide it should be?

These inner cities are lawless war zones and even the existence of sovereignty over these areas is questionable.
    Looks like you are saying that.

If you really wanted liberty for blacks in Chicago - and I don't believe for a second that you care in the slightest about those people or their liberty - then you should support the imposition of a state of peaceful law and order as the basis for liberty.
    This isn't for blacks in Chicago. It's for everyone. I suppose you think it's coincidence that Trump and his handlers meet with a bunch of sheriffs and police chiefs over the course of a couple weeks, then comes out in favor of stop-and-frisk to disarm people. I don't resort to personal insults, instead of logic, so I won't attack your intellectual capabilities but I'm surprised you haven't yet learned that when they say something is for this reason then it really means it's for everyone. Or will be eventually.

But let's be real, shall we? You've never done a thing for those people and are being an ersatz SJW advocating for people you don't care about and policies that won't affect you. AKA a total loser and self-righteous hypocrite.
    As opposed to your high conquests advocating for their freedom to bear arms as a natural right, as clearly evidenced in this thread?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty sure the 2nd says quite plainly "shall not be infringed." Are you saying it's ok to infringe if men decide it should be?

Looks like you do think that.

This isn't for blacks in Chicago. It's for everyone. I suppose you think it's coincidence that Trump and his handlers meet with a bunch of sheriffs and police chiefs over the course of a couple weeks, then comes out in favor of stop-and-frisk to disarm people. I don't resort to personal insults, instead of logic, so I won't attack your intellectual capabilities but I'm surprised you haven't yet learned that when they say something is for this then it really means it's for everyone. Or will be eventually.

As opposed to your high conquests advocating for their freedom to bear arms as a natural right, as clearly evidenced in this thread?
    I'm sorry but your IQ is way too low to amuse me sufficiently to deal with your nonsense. Goodbye!

I'm sorry but your IQ is way too low to amuse me sufficiently to deal with your nonsense. Goodbye!
    Last edited by devil21; 10-10-2018 at 11:17 PM.

I think he probably wised up, he just defended the government stealing private property on a libertarian forum by claiming intellectual superiority. It's like walking in to a steakhouse and saying steak sucks.

I am certainly opposed to stop and frisk. Can I stop it? I wish I could. What can I do about it? I can keep myself in check and stay under the radar as much as possible. I am sure that keeping a low profile and minding my own business has saved me tonnes of misery. I have known a few nosy people in my life they always trying to create some kind of stir. "Neighborhood watch" is a nosy neighbors dream come true but, I guess they keep neighborhoods safer. Maybe a sign put up in neighborhoods saying "never mind the dog beware of owner" would be almost as effective.

I wish we did not have paid thugs set out to subdue our youth. I can teach my children and grandchildren right from wrong. My dad used to say if you are going to do something against government set laws don't get caught and if you do get caught don't show your ass he also said, be respectful of other people and their property.

Donald Trump has also publicly declared that he intends to RFID track people in land, air, and sea! So Patriots -- Please help me spread a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE which begins immediately below (optimized for Youtube):

A Truth Bomb With Photos Like None Other - Amazing P-gate section begins on page 18:
    1) Best Proof EVER that Trump/Zionists Are NOT Patriots - Red Pill BIN Truth Bomb
    2) 5100 Sealed Indictments Hoax Exposed - Q Is Bunk!
    3) Stunning Photos All Throughout [Each Photo Worth a 1000 Words, Including Those Which Were PhotoShopped?]

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C9...FQM8v_bn4AfDEA

Note: The link above, in addition to presenting this report, includes a PDF download option [a "down arrow" icon toward the top of the screen].

If EVER there was something worth sharing FAR and WIDE, Surely This Is ONE of Them!!

Please HELP Make This Go VIRAL by sharing an EXACT copy of this message in Youtube comments and elsewhere, but NO MORE THAN ONCE PER DAY IN YOUTUBE to avoid getting your Youtube account suspended for Spamming.

Lol
    "The Patriarch"

Well at least it's working.

On a gun forum that I participate on, the "repubs" believe that trump is right and it's a great idea to reduce crime. So now they support "stop and frisk" in Chicago. I tried to point out that this was a tolerance gauge for more to come but I just got my ass handed to me on a plate for being anti-trump.

So everything is working quite efficiently. Especially with kavanaugh (who they love) getting that seat.
    Last edited by PAF; 10-11-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    Well at least it's working.

On a gun forum that I participate on, the "repubs" believe that trump is right and it's a great idea to reduce crime. So now they support "stop and frisk" in Chicago. I tried to point out that this was a tolerance gauge for more to come but I just got my ass handed to me on plate for being anti-trump.

So everything is working quite efficiently. Especially with kavanaugh (who they love) getting that seat.
    #Making Republicans Democrats Again!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    #Making Republicans Democrats Again!
    Evidently according to trump hitlery was all talk and no action:

https://youtu.be/loCX3hfoHQ0

@Cap in re:your drive by comment

I really don't care to debate with people who demonstrate a clear intent not to debate honestly. The common technique here is the relentless use of strawmen, and it gets real tiring real quickly when people do so.

The reality is that it is despicable to be virtue signaling at the cost of others' lives, people who one doesn't know and doesn't care about their well-being. This is SJWism and it deserves straight-up contempt and nothing more.

They claim to care about rights, but the basic right to life, on which all other liberties rest, isn't even on their radar.

The kind of problem faced by residents of these areas, rampant lawless violence where the government has de facto lifted its protection from the people, is one of the specific grievances listed in the seminal work of human liberty - the Declaration of Independence.

If I have to argue for the principles in the DoI, then I am dealing with imbeciles, or Communists, and I really have no response other than telling them to get in the $#@!ing helicopter.

@Cap in re:your drive by comment

I really don't care to debate with people who demonstrate a clear intent not to debate honestly. The common technique here is the relentless use of strawmen, and it gets real tiring real quickly when people do so.

The reality is that it is despicable to be virtue signaling at the cost of others' lives, people who one doesn't know and doesn't care about their well-being. This is SJWism and it deserves straight-up contempt and nothing more.

They claim to care about rights, but the basic right to life, on which all other liberties rest, isn't even on their radar.

The kind of problem faced by residents of these areas, rampant lawless violence where the government has de facto lifted its protection from the people, is one of the specific grievances listed in the seminal work of human liberty - the Declaration of Independence.

If I have to argue for the principles in the DoI, then I am dealing with imbeciles, or Communists, and I really have no response other than telling them to get in the $#@!ing helicopter.
    OK- then I challenge you to a week of no name-calling & personal insults.

ONE WEEK of true debate, giving your honest POV, & responding in kindness.

Ready?

GO.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    OK- then I challenge you to a week of no name-calling & personal insults.

ONE WEEK of true debate, giving your honest POV, & responding in kindness.

Ready?

GO.
    No. You're another anarchist subversive that deserves no quarter as an enemy of the people. You have long since burned any claim to courtesy from me.

Thanks for the reminder to put you back on ignore. Goodbye.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast