Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Is Warning That A 50% Stock Market Decline Is Coming – And Theres No Way To Stop It

Ron Paul Is Warning That A 50% Stock Market Decline Is Coming – And Theres No Way To Stop It

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...way-to-stop-it
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/05/ron-...no-escape.html

Is Ron Paul about to be proven right once again? For a very long time, Ron Paul has been one of my political heroes. His willingness to stand up for true constitutional values and to keep saying “no” to the Washington establishment over and over again won the hearts of millions of American voters, and I wish that there had been enough of us to send him to the White House either in 2008 or in 2012. To this day, I still wish that we could make his classic work entitled “End The Fed” required reading in every high school classroom in America. He was one of the few members of Congress that actually understood economics, and it is very sad that he has now retired from politics. With the enormous mess that Washington D.C. has become, we sure could use a lot more statesmen like him right now.

But even though he has retired from politics, Ron Paul is still speaking out about the most important issues of the day. And what he recently told CNBC is extremely ominous.

The following comes from a CNBC article entitled “Ron Paul: US is barreling towards a stock market drop of 50% or more, and there’s no way to prevent it”…

According to the former Republican Congressman from Texas, the recent jump in Treasury bond yields suggest the U.S. is barreling towards a potential recession and market meltdown at a faster and faster pace.

And, he sees no way to prevent it.

Of course lots of such predictions are flying around these days.

In fact, at this point even the IMF is warning of a “second Great Depression”.

So when it actually takes place it won’t be much of a surprise. However, I do believe that many will be surprised by the ferocity of the coming crash. According to Ron Paul, stock prices could end up falling by up to 50 percent…

Paul is a vocal Libertarian known for an ardent grassroots fanbase that propelled him to multiple presidential runs, as well as his grim warnings about the economy. Yet he has been warning investors for years that an epic drop of 50 percent or more will eventually hit the stock market. He predicted the February correction, but not in size and scope.

Actually, stock prices need to fall by at least 50 percent in order for stock valuations to get close to their long-term averages.

In the end, if stocks only fall by 50 percent we will be extremely fortunate. Stock valuations always, always, always return to their long-term averages eventually, and usually they fall below those averages during a period of adjustment.

Full article at link.

Consider the source tho, CNBC...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think I'm properly positioned financially to weather this one. Any drops on one side of the ledger should mean increases on the other.

The only question is, what kind of horrendous laws will they pass this time to take advantage of the national tragedy.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

What triggers the stampede? You never know. Common market assumptions say that rising interest rates lead to movement from stocks to bonds. This will especially be the case if market returns get near bond rates (and don’t forget to factor in potential tax breaks from government bonds).

Another trigger might be a Democrat majority in either the House or Senate. This would symbolize an end to market favorable legislation.

Bonds are one alternative to stocks. Other alternatives are real estate, commodities, metals and cyber-currencies. Real estate seems to have peaked. Where will that money move? Metals are at lows, when will that bandwagon start rolling again? Bitcoin has seen a recent peak and fall. Are people ready to jump back in? Oil is moving up, but if the Chinese stop buying our oil, will the US have a surplus?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Except the Fed will probably lower rates back to 0% and launch QE4 well before a 50% decline. That'll keep the market from dropping but kill the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What triggers the stampede? You never know. Common market assumptions say that rising interest rates lead to movement from stocks to bonds. This will especially be the case if market returns get near bond rates (and don’t forget to factor in potential tax breaks from government bonds).

Another trigger might be a Democrat majority in either the House or Senate. This would symbolize an end to market favorable legislation.

Bonds are one alternative to stocks. Other alternatives are real estate, commodities, metals and cyber-currencies. Real estate seems to have peaked. Where will that money move? Metals are at lows, when will that bandwagon start rolling again? Bitcoin has seen a recent peak and fall. Are people ready to jump back in? Oil is moving up, but if the Chinese stop buying our oil, will the US have a surplus?
    It's hard to know what pin will pop the bubble. I'm guessing the rise in rates.

This can easily happen, we are war weary even as we militarize & overspend ourselves to the max.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Except the Fed will probably lower rates back to 0% and launch QE4 well before a 50% decline. That'll keep the market from dropping but kill the dollar.
    Pretty much seems to be the intent if they want the International Money Fund to control the issue of ALL the world's currencies.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I think I'm properly positioned financially to weather this one. Any drops on one side of the ledger should mean increases on the other.

The only question is, what kind of horrendous laws will they pass this time to take advantage of the national tragedy.
    A dip or collapse that triggers a Great Recession or a Great Depression
    sets the stage up for a leader like FDR all over again. Or worse happens.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Good time to be in a country with a 22% debt to gdp ratio

We were 5.4% in 2008. Dandy.
    Last edited by idiom; 10-09-2018 at 03:57 AM.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    A dip or collapse that triggers a Great Recession or a Great Depression
    sets the stage up for a leader like FDR all over again. Or worse happens.

The stock market drop in 1929 had nothing to do with with the Great Depression. Market drops don't cause huge economic downturns. They might be caused by foreseeing an economic downturn but not the other way around. There was not a Great Depression after 1987 or the Nasdaq bursting. That was especially true in 1929 when only a small number of people even owned stocks.

FDR was brought about by bad monetary policy. The surest way to get leaders even worse than Obama and Trump after 2008 would have been to listen to people who just want to let the world go to hell and let deflation work its magic just purging the malinvestment.

Anybody remember 'reinhardt' from 2008 fame?

The exact same Legatus trigger event that he alleged started the 08 market crash is happening again right now.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Last time the Dow went 14K to 7K and actual employment numbers were worse than the Great Depression when there were 5 unemployed workers per new job because that number reached 6 per job available . Dow is at 26 , 443 currently so say the Dow went to 13K , what effects will it bring ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Good time to be in a country with a 22% debt to gdp ratio

We were 5.4% in 2008. Dandy.
    And it's even worse since we keep "adjusting" our GDP to make it appear higher. I think a simpler and more accurate metric is annual income to total debt. That's how credit worthiness is determined in the private sector. So we're collecting a little over 3 trillion a year in taxes but we owe 22 trillion. Last time I checked that puts us second to Japan and "ahead" of countries like Greece and Italy.

Common market assumptions say that rising interest rates lead to movement from stocks to bonds. This will especially be the case if market returns get near bond rates (and don’t forget to factor in potential tax breaks from government bonds).
    Strangely no one ever questions that assumption. (FWIW, this time probably is different because of how overvalued stocks are)

Interesting . You are in a time where only 6 in 10 people work and only three of those pay in more tax than they receive . The govt continues to spend about a trillion more a yr to the debt while raking in record tax revenue . Economic growth has never boomed since the last crash . Nothing has really changed for the better . Most americans who have any wealth at all mostly have it in an overvalued home and in paper stocks in a 401k. That wealth can be cut drastically very quickly as seen a decade ago .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The stock market is in great health, we have a great economy right now. The best economy you wouldn't believe
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Sell off today and CNBC is sounding very bearish.

If 'reinhardt' was right in 2008, look for some really bad news/event on Monday the 15th that really gets the ball rolling downhill. Last time it was the Lehman collapse announced on Sept 15 2008.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Anybody remember 'reinhardt' from 2008 fame?

The exact same Legatus trigger event that he alleged started the 08 market crash is happening again right now.
    Somebody travel to the Vatican?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Somebody travel to the Vatican?

Ron Paul is plagiarizing @Jamesiv1 work/research/prediction.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The govt continues to spend about a trillion more a yr to the debt while raking in record tax revenue .
    Yeah, that's the problem. It's not rocket science. The Obama fans like Zippy and TheCount ignored it and now the Trump fans are ignoring it.

You do not have a healthy economy if you're bleeding red ink, especially when you're bleeding read ink at unprecedented levels.

Really curious to see what the market does today. Normal would be a gap down, sell off and rally to green. If it doesn't do that and gaps down has a weak rally and continues down you might get another huge selloff.

Past due... should come as no surprise.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interesting that the stock and bond markets both dropped. It occurred to me that the Fed is trying offload Treasuries, so that will result in an increase in bond rates all by itself if there are not enough buyers.

Now the Chinese have previously been big buyers of US Treasuries, so what if China has throttled back on purchases? Could this be leverage that the Chinese are using in the trade negotiations?

Interesting that the stock and bond markets both dropped. It occurred to me that the Fed is trying offload Treasuries, so that will result in an increase in bond rates all by itself if there are not enough buyers.
    Usually I would buy the $#@! out of this. Statistically it is a good buy right here. But something doesn't "feel" right. This doesn't feel panicky enough. Wouldn't be surprised to see SPY sell off. Will probably miss the rally but gut says prices go lower. VIX is down on a down day. which is really weird Me thinks people a little too conditioned for a bounce.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 10-11-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Usually I would buy the $#@! out of this. Statistically it is a good buy right here. But something doesn't "feel" right. This doesn't feel panicky enough. Wouldn't be surprised to see SPY sell off. Will probably miss the rally but gut says prices go lower. VIX is down on a down day. which is really weird Me thinks people a little too conditioned for a bounce.
    I agree. I haven't seen any of the usual evidence of the PPT stepping in yesterday or today. Gold and silver shooting up even!

She's starting to fall apart Captain! She can't take much more!

Last edited by devil21; 10-23-2018 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I agree. I haven't seen any of the usual evidence of the PPT stepping in yesterday or today. Gold and silver shooting up even!
    This could get interesting if the markets keep dropping with an election coming up. My guess is the Fed will try to wait until after the election before they go to their playbook to avoid appearing biased.

Fed Playbook:

1. Make comments about slowing rate hikes.

2. Make comments about freezing hikes for an extended period.

3. Make comments about lowering rates.

4. Lower rates.

5. QE4.

I think a true reset would take the DJIA to around 8K. So I think a 50% selloff prediction is, if anything, a pretty conservative estimate.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast