Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh‘s Saturday Vote: Predictions & Desired Outcome

Kavanaugh‘s Saturday Vote: Predictions & Desired Outcome

It’s appears the senate will vote tomorrow on the possible confirmation of Kavanaugh. For all the prognosticators out there, what will be the outcome of Saturday’s vote?

The second question offers limited choices, though I know many of you would like to find a different result. Please limit your answer to the options below as it relates to your desired outcome this weekend.
    1. Kavanaugh is confirmed 2. Kavanaugh is not confirmed and the midterms dictate control of the senate which will dictate the type of person Trump nominates next

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think he doesn't get confirmed and whomever said that Flake is looking for his McCain thumbs down moment is right on the money.

Mitch will deliver the votes!

A Saturday vote. Such hard workers, their commitment to our democracy knows no bounds
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    A Saturday vote. Such hard workers, their commitment to our democracy knows no bounds
    Tight deadlines. Cloture. Behind the screen negotiations. Family obligations. Weddings. Peaceful protesters. Implanted memories. Lindsay comeback.
    The most exciting season ever!

Either all Republicans + at least Manchin, and he's confirmed, most likely imo. Or he loses with Flake, Collins, Murkowski and all Democrats voting Nay. If it looks like option 2 I expect his nomination to be pulled instead of it going to the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Flake voted Aye on cloture.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Tight deadlines. Cloture. Behind the screen negotiations. Family obligations. Weddings. Peaceful protesters. Implanted memories. Lindsay comeback.
    The most exciting season ever!
    This is why I'm expecting the cliffhanger. Join us next season when we find out that the new pick was born in a Russian brothel, reared by the KGB and spent his toddler years practicing torture on puppies. Which characters won't survive season 1? Flake? Cruz? Feinstein? Schumer? Who was that White House leaker? What was in the envelopes? Where was Hillary??? All this and more coming to the cable news shows directly on your own TV!!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Murkowski voted Nay on cloture.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This is why I'm expecting the cliffhanger. Join us next season when we find out that the new pick was born in a Russian brothel, reared by the KGB and spent his toddler years practicing torture on puppies. Which characters won't survive season 1? Flake? Cruz? Feinstein? Schumer? Who was that White House leaker? What was in the envelopes? Where was Hillary??? All this and more coming to the cable news shows directly on your own TV!!
    It's a crazy saga that won't end. Daines is hoping to stay at his daughter's wedding reception (which he paid for), but nothing has been easy about this confirmation. It just seems like, somehow, we're all going to be waiting for Daines to travel thousands of miles back to DC to cast his vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Murkowski voted Nay on cloture.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...te/1527037002/

Senators voted 51 to 49 to end debate with two lawmakers crossing party lines.

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin was the only Democrat to vote to end debate. He has not said whether he will vote to confirm Kavanaugh.

I predict that he will be confirmed or denied.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I predict that he will be confirmed or denied.
    When did you first make that prediction?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I can’t wait! Will Allisa Milano stay on for Season 2? Will Stormy Daniels return? Will Kim Kardashian and Kanye West join the cast? Will there be an appearance by Weiner?

When did you first make that prediction?
    That's a fresh prediction hot off the grill.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Either all Republicans + at least Manchin, and he's confirmed, most likely imo. Or he loses with Flake, Collins, Murkowski and all Democrats voting Nay. If it looks like option 2 I expect his nomination to be pulled instead of it going to the floor.
    So looks like option 1 like I thought, except for Murkowski voting no. No huge surprise.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kavanaugh will be confirmed. I personally wanted him not confirmed so that a much better liberty oriented candidate will be nominated but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) told reporters Friday that he plans to vote for Brett Kavanaugh, President Donald Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court, following the completion of the FBI investigation into allegations of sexual assault leveled against him, “unless something big changed.”“I don’t see what would,” he added.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/jeff-flak...161239338.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) told reporters Friday that he plans to vote for Brett Kavanaugh, President Donald Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court, following the completion of the FBI investigation into allegations of sexual assault leveled against him, “unless something big changed.”“I don’t see what would,” he added.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/jeff-flak...161239338.html
    Does Flake lack assertiveness? Unless something changes, ffs? Has he always been a pushover?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Does Flake lack assertiveness? Unless something changes, ffs? Has he always been a pushover?
    I'm beginning to think it is hereditary and that his ancestors were named for that trait.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'm beginning to think it is hereditary and that his ancestors were named for that trait.
    Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

It either is tight at 51 to 49 or a 50/50 split.
    He is likely "in" or out, by a one vote margin.
    Does a certain Senator vote or stay away?
    If Manchin flips back and there are two GOP
    members who abstain, their vote falls short.
    Mitch McConnell is living on TUMs tablets!!!
    Last edited by Aratus; 10-06-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    It either is tight at 51 to 49 or a 50/50 split.
    He is likely "in" or out, by a one vote margin.
    Does Senator Sasse now vote or stay away?
    If Manchin flips back and there are two GOP
    members who abstain, their vote falls short.
    Mitch McConnell is living on TUMs tablets!!!
    Thank you Mr. Obvious. Your poems are getting better every day. You almost made the "roses are red, violets are blue" level.

timosman... If two of the senators go back on their word
    and do a Mitt Romney flipflop, depending on who does it
    on Mitch McConnell, B.K either has a bigger margin or is
    denied the position, ultimately. Do not assume things. I
    will remind you of my poll on the number of TUMs tablets
    and Mitch McConnell's digestive track. This is still not over.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Q
    !!mG7VJxZNCI
    No.320

Oct 2 2018 14:31:13 (EST)

53-47

Q

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Republican Sen. Steve Daines of Montana revealed Friday that he has a backup plan for Saturday just in case his vote is needed to confirm Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination.

The Montana senator told NBC News’ Frank Thorp that he can fly back on Rep. Greg Gianforte’s private plane if it comes down to it.
    “My good friend and colleague, Greg Gianforte, has come to save the day. If I need to be in two places at once to walk my daughter down the aisle on her wedding day and to be the final vote to put Judge Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court, he’s offered me the use of his plane,” Mr. Daines said. “I appreciate his generosity as well as his dedication to family and country.”

More at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...eeded-to-vote/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Daines had the conflict.
    Two places at once, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Kavanaugh will be confirmed. I personally wanted him not confirmed so that a much better liberty oriented candidate will be nominated but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
    That's not going to happen. PTB will not support that kind of limitation on their power. We will either regain liberty through baby steps, or one giant step... there is no middle ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

He will be confirmed and America will be more Greater.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Well would you look at that. Kavanaugh got confirmed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast