Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New sepsis treatment reduces death by 87 percent

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Sincere question for Chester. How does one get massive dose of Vitamin C via peppers or food?
    Eat something like acerola cherry powder. itll be about 500mg of vitamin C for a teaspoon.

but the main point here is that massive doses arent needed for the most part. Even the 20mg of Vitamin C in a white potato takes care of scurvy...."hi-potency" is a definite sign that the vitamin is synthetic and fractionated.
    Last edited by Chester Copperpot; 10-04-2018 at 07:16 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    No; at least not in the way you are trying to troll here.

It would practically be very difficult to impossible sustaining a "high" vitamin C intake that would affect cooper. High vitamin C intakes turn your stomach upside-down in short order. The gas and bloating are very uncomfortable.

Your experiment was rats given high C doses in 20 days. I would bet those were extraordinary doses. It all matches the model of people who tell you things like not to eat a bunch of carrots because you will overdose on vitamin A. The only problem with these imbecilic suggestions is that no one is eating sackfuls of carrots every day. You quickly tire of such food before it has an adverse effect.

I eat 100% raw and rarely--if ever--overdo it on natural foods. That's very different from from overeating on processed stuff.
    There are only 8 recorded instances of people dying from hypervitamintosis A in history.. and its people like one guy who consumed 1,000,000 IUs of vitamin A a day (on days that he didnt, he would drink a gallon of carrot juice) and he was able to do this for a number of years with plenty of symptoms... and had he stopped at anytime he would have survived.. he eventually died but only after many years.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    New sepsis treatment reduces death by 87 percent
    Good news indeed.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Chester Copperpot

Anyway to continue our discussion of real Vitamin C.. It would stand to reason that if copper is needed for Vitamin C activity and someone has taken ascorbic acid then the body would draw on whatever reserves of copper it had to promulgate the vitamin activity.. this to me seems to explain lower blood serum levels of copper when taking vitamin C tablets as ascorbic acid.

as an aside it probably is a good indicator of how certain foods or supplements make you feel.. I can remember being a kid eating a terrifically bad diet and then taking vitamin b and feeling like i all of a sudden had a bunch of energy... however other than that instance I dont recall feeling that way from vitamin tablets (I used to take a lot back in the day believing it was the way to go)..

However I do feel great when I eat raw fruits and vegetables... even things like carrot juice.. if i drink carrot juice i just seem to want to move my body... whereas if i ate a big greasy funnel cake i just look for a place to lie down and sleep... so i think thats a telling thing in itself.

im always happy to have a discussion pro and con with stuff because thats how we learn but really dont understand the zippy trolling things like synthetic vitamins vs natural vitamins in food...

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Apparently more real than your fakery in pretending to have a real conversation. You are posting to only be contrary and no other reason. You want to act like some cute smart-ass on here? Then expect the to be treated in kind. Neg rep.

And some research:
    You didn't answer the question I will rephrase it slightly: How is vitamin C chemically different than absorbic acid?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    You didn't answer the question I will rephrase it slightly: How is vitamin C chemically different than absorbic acid?

Did you mean this question for someone else? I'm just here to troll the troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Great info here:

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Great info here:

I didnt have much issue with what she said other than her support of the vitamin C foundation. I personally know a doctor who has cured a cancer patient with high dose intravenous ascorbic acid. (she cant officially call it a cure of course because of the medical regulations) And of course synthetic is going to be cheaper than natural. So I think for most people its going to boil down to personal experience. In the past when I would get a cold I would start popping vitamin c tablets because they said it was good for colds. Never noticed anything dramatic from it.. Now in the last year when Ive noticed myself getting a cold twice i made sure to take acerola cherry powder and the cold started going away by night time and was gone the next day. And shes right about camu camu powder..it doesnt taste too good.. but ive tasted a lot worse.. to me camu camu kind of taste like tea so a little sugar in it and its like drinking iced tea.. I stick with acerola because the taste is much better..

As for the Vitamin C foundation.. I went to their board some years ago. They basically sell Vitamin C supplements (synthetic)... They even use Albert Szent-Gyorgyi's Nobel prize speech as a justification that natural vitamin C is no better than synthetic.. Of course when I pointed out that they failed to go to the proper paragraph on the very next page where Szent-Gyorgyi directly says that the natural vitamin C worked where the synthetic did not.. The Vitamin C foundation's response to that was to simply delete my account.. So they have zero credibility with me and arent interested in anything but selling their product in my opinion.

Now Dr. Suzanne Humphries says Szent-Gyorgyi was able to cure guinea pigs in a subsequent experiment using only L-Ascorbate.. I dont know, I havent read it but even assuming she's correct IMO I feel best sticking with Natural. Nature has a way of putting ingredients in just the right amount and just the right proportion so it works best. Just one man's opinion.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What are the "other parts"? True some vitamins work better in concert with other vitamins and minerals. That does not make the vitamin "fake".

Vitamin C is water soluble. The body does not store it.
    You need to pay better attention to your reading and understanding before you ask questions like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    I didnt have much issue with what she said other than her support of the vitamin C foundation. I personally know a doctor who has cured a cancer patient with high dose intravenous ascorbic acid. (she cant officially call it a cure of course because of the medical regulations) And of course synthetic is going to be cheaper than natural. So I think for most people its going to boil down to personal experience. In the past when I would get a cold I would start popping vitamin c tablets because they said it was good for colds. Never noticed anything dramatic from it.. Now in the last year when Ive noticed myself getting a cold twice i made sure to take acerola cherry powder and the cold started going away by night time and was gone the next day. And shes right about camu camu powder..it doesnt taste too good.. but ive tasted a lot worse.. to me camu camu kind of taste like tea so a little sugar in it and its like drinking iced tea.. I stick with acerola because the taste is much better..

As for the Vitamin C foundation.. I went to their board some years ago. They basically sell Vitamin C supplements (synthetic)... They even use Albert Szent-Gyorgyi's Nobel prize speech as a justification that natural vitamin C is no better than synthetic.. Of course when I pointed out that they failed to go to the proper paragraph on the very next page where Szent-Gyorgyi directly says that the natural vitamin C worked where the synthetic did not.. The Vitamin C foundation's response to that was to simply delete my account.. So they have zero credibility with me and arent interested in anything but selling their product in my opinion.

Now Dr. Suzanne Humphries says Szent-Gyorgyi was able to cure guinea pigs in a subsequent experiment using only L-Ascorbate.. I dont know, I havent read it but even assuming she's correct IMO I feel best sticking with Natural. Nature has a way of putting ingredients in just the right amount and just the right proportion so it works best. Just one man's opinion.
    I will definitely agree that each person will have different experiences with different kinds of vitamin C. Getting it in your food, a couple times a week, gives a person a better advantage IMHO. When you're deficient, though, it might have to come down to the intravenous approach--especially when it comes to sepsis or scurvy.

I personally like Sodium Ascorbate when I feel like I am coming down with a cold or the flu.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the OP post donnay. It was a retrospective study so we have to take it with a grain of sodium ascorbate (pun intended!), but interesting nonetheless.

There are currently trials underway to determine high dose Vitamin C therapy for sepsis and cancer. Hoping some real good data comes out of it.

Personally I take 1 G sodium ascorbate together with 1.9 G of Liposomal Vitamin C, two to three times per day, for anywhere between 6-9 G daily and I double it temporarily if I catch a cold. So far so good. YMMV as the GI upset can be significant at high doses.
    Last edited by TER; 10-13-2018 at 09:40 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Blah blah blah blah.

Show me how it's chemically different.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Blah blah blah blah.

Show me how it's chemically different.
    That's simple.. One is Ascorbic Acid...

The other is Ascorbic Acid plus other things.

Ascorbic Acid vs Sodium Ascorbate

It is the form in which each exists that decides the difference between ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate. Both ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbateare are forms of Vitamin C and are common food additives, where more specifically sodium ascorbate falls under the category of mineral salts. Therefore, while ascorbic acid is the pure form of Vitamin C, sodium ascorbate is the sodium salt of ascorbic acid.

What is Ascorbic Acid?
    As the name suggests, ascorbic acid is acidic in nature and dissolves well in water to give mildly acidic solutions. It is an organic chemical compound with a polyhydroxy function that gives it antioxidant properties. Hence, ascorbic acid is used as a common antioxidant food additive.

Many animals and plants can synthesize ascorbic acid from glucose. However, humans and some higher primates are unable to do so due to the lack of an important enzyme in the ascorbic acid biosynthesis pathway. Therefore, humans are compelled to obtain it through diet to avoid Vitamin C deficiency. The deficiency of Vitamin C can lead to several illnesses such as ‘scurvy,’ which can be deadly. Ascorbic acid was previously called ‘L-hexuronic acid‘ and the main form that occurs in nature is the ‘L’ isomer. However, there exists a D-ascorbic acid that is quite similar to L-ascorbic acid in antioxidant activity but less in Vitamin C activity. Furthermore, the antioxidant activity of ascorbic acid only has a small role in the total vitamin activity. But, for specific reaction in the body, it is important that the correct isomer is present.

What is Sodium Ascorbate?
    Sodium ascorbate is the sodium salt of ascorbic acid and is a common mineral salt used as an antioxidant food additive. It is produced through the reaction between equal amounts of ascorbic acid and sodium bicarbonate with further precipitation using isopropanol.

Being a mineral ascorbate, it is buffered and, therefore, less acidic than ascorbic acid. Usually, sodium ascorbate is recommended for people who have gastrointestinal problems associated with ascorbic acid. Sodium ascorbate is considered mild and more abdomen friendly. However, when including sodium ascorbate in diet, it is important to keep in mind that the sodium is also being very well absorbed by the body along with the ascorbic acid. Therefore, the dosage of intake should be carefully monitored. Sodium ascorbate is water soluble and hence can only protect water soluble forms from oxidation. It cannot protect fats from oxidation. Fat soluble esters of ascorbic acid with long fatty chains are required for this purpose.

What is the difference between Ascorbic Acid and Sodium Ascorbate?
    • Ascorbic acid is an organic acid whereas sodium ascorbate is a mineral salt of ascorbic acid.

• The European Food Additive E number for ascorbic acid is E300 and for sodium ascorbate it is E301.

• Sodium ascorbate is milder than ascorbic acid as it is buffered and has less acidity. That makes sodium ascorbate more stomach friendly than ascorbic acid.

• Sodium ascorbate has an ester function whereas ascorbic acid does not have an ester function in it.
    https://www.differencebetween.com/di...ium-ascorbate/

Chester Copperpot

Thats the difference between Sodium Ascorbate and Ascorbic Acid... She asked the difference between Ascorbic Acid and Vitamin C didnt she? Well thats at least what I answered anyway.. Ascorbic Acid Vs. Vitamin C. lol

Thats the difference between Sodium Ascorbate and Ascorbic Acid... She asked the difference between Ascorbic Acid and Vitamin C didnt she? Well thats at least what I answered anyway.. Ascorbic Acid Vs. Vitamin C. lol
    Oh I am not sure what she was rambling on about. I posted the difference in the two, for the point of taking sodium ascorbate like Dr. Humphries suggested, and the one I take, since it is easier on the digestive tract.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Oh I am not sure what she was rambling on about. I posted the difference in the two, for the point of taking sodium ascorbate like Dr. Humphries suggested, and the one I take, since it is easier on the digestive tract.
    I wouldnt be surprised if there were 1,000 different isomers of ascorbic acid just like there are for vitamin d.. Probably each has some sort of benefit or use.. the body is incredibly interesting... and theres so much we dont know about it as a species it boggles the mind.

I wouldnt be surprised if there were 1,000 different isomers of ascorbic acid just like there are for vitamin d.. Probably each has some sort of benefit or use.. the body is incredibly interesting... and theres so much we dont know about it as a species it boggles the mind.
    I couldn't agree more. These people who sit in a cocoon and think that the science is settled on anything are very narrow minded.

Spiritually I know we're here to learn...and the desire to learn should never stop.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12