Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish security forces surround Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What if he was never there?
    Anything is possible but to the extent that such things can be trusted we have seen evidence produced that he was there and the Saudis are not only agreeing that he was there but that he was killed.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Anything is possible but to the extent that such things can be trusted we have seen evidence produced that he was there and the Saudis are not only agreeing that he was there but that he was killed.
    I must have missed that. Links?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I must have missed that. Links?

Saudi Arabia has agreed to let Turkish police search its consulate in Istanbul, Turkey said Tuesday, as a photograph emerged showing Jamal Khashoggi shortly before his disappearance.

The Washington Post, where Mr Khashoggi wrote opinion articles, published a still CCTV image of the journalist going into the public entrance of the consulate. It is the last known picture of him.
    The image, apparently taken from a camera on a Turkish police guard post outside the consulate, is time stamped at 1.14pm on October 2, 2018.
    Turkish officials have said that if Mr Khashoggi ever left the consulate he would have come out the same door and his exit would have been captured on the same camera.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the Turkish president, challenged Saudi Arabia to prove its claim that Mr Khashoggi ever left the consulate. "If he left, you have to prove it with footage,” he said.
    Hatice Cengiz, Mr Khashoggi’s Turkish fiancee, was waiting outside the consulate gates and realised something had gone wrong when the consulate shut at 3.30pm and he still had not emerged.
    Ms Cengiz said she was “not giving up hope” that Mr Khashoggi was still alive, despite the grisly reports in the Turkish media.
    “I hope we will soon learn what happened to him, and I still have hope that he is alive. But I need to know, where is Jamal? I have to know what has happened to him,” she told The Washington Post.
    Ms Cengiz said she was frustrated at how little information she had received from Turkish authorities but said ultimately it is “the responsibility of Saudi Arabia to explain and prove how Jamal exited and from where and when”.
    Donald Trump, the US president, said he was “concerned” by the case amid widespread media attention in the US.

The US State Department later called on Saudi Arabia “to support a thorough investigation of Mr. Khashoggi's disappearance and to be transparent about the results of that investigation”.
    Turkish investigators are focused on two private Gulfstream jets which landed in Istanbul on the day Mr Khashoggi disappeared, according to several pro-government Turkish newspapers.
    One jet, carrying nine people, allegedly landed in the early hours of October 2. Its passengers checked into two hotels near the consulate and booked rooms until October 5. However, all nine apparently checked out the same day and returned to the airport, where they flew on to the UAE.
    The second jet, carrying six people, reportedly landed later in the day. Its passengers went straight to the consulate and then left in the evening for Egypt. Both flights allegedly later returned to Riyadh.
    Investigators reportedly believe that Mr Khashoggi’s body might have been smuggled out of the consulate in diplomatic vans and then carried onto one of the planes.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/saudi-ara...123156141.html
    I can't find anything about the Saudis admitting he was killed, I guess I was confused because one report said they were going to and they have cooperated without issuing any denials other than their early statements that claimed he left without providing any camera footage to prove it.

If he wasn't ever there or he left why aren't they denying everything and providing whatever evidence they have?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin also said Thursday that he would not attend an international investing conference in Saudi Arabia.

More at: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/18/trum...i-is-dead.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's good to know Brennan still has security clearance.

Media attacks on Trump son-in-law escalate following alleged killing of journalist by his chum

Saudi Arabia’s barbaric, blood-soaked tyrant MBS is no Crown Prince Charming - it’s time President Trump held his medieval mate’s feet to the fire

By Piers Morgan
    18 October 2018

What’s the worst way to possibly die?

It’s hard to imagine anything more sickening and barbaric than what is alleged to have happened to Saudi Arabian journalist Jamal Khashoggi, a columnist for the Washington Post.

He was apparently lured to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, where he was confronted by a 15-man hit squad that had flown in from Riyadh to murder him.
    But not, it is claimed, quickly.

Jamal Khashoggi died in one of the worst ways imaginable. For seven long minutes he was tortured and hacked to pieces with a bone-saw while he was still alive. His body carted off in bags to be dissolved in acid

He was dragged from the consul-general’s office to the table of a study next door.
    There, for seven long, agonising minutes, Khashoggi was reportedly tortured and hacked to pieces with a bone-saw while he was still alive.
    He was decapitated and had his fingers cut off one by one.
    Then, the severed remains of his torso were put in 15 plastic bags and removed, to be later dissolved in acid.
    Khashoggi’s ‘horrendous’ screams of pain were so loud they were heard downstairs by a witness.
    The chief executioner was allegedly ‘Dr Death’ Salah Muhammad al-Tubaigy, ‘head of forensic evidence’ for the Saudi general security department.
    His official title is President of the Saudi Fellowship of Forensic Pathology and he’s a man who enjoys his work.
    As Tubaigy began to dismember Khashoggi’s body, he apparently put on earphones and listened to music, advising other members of the squad to do the same.

'Forensic expert': The chief executioner was allegedly ‘Dr Death’ Salah Muhammad al-Tubaigy, ‘head of forensic evidence’ for the Saudi general security department. He’s a man who enjoys his work. As Tubaigy began to dismember Khashoggi’s body, he apparently put on earphones and listened to music, advising other members of the squad to do the same

‘When I do this job, I listen to music,’ he was recorded as saying. ‘You should do (that) too.’

Aftewards, cleaning crews were brought in to scrub and repaint the blood-stained crime scene.

The more we learn about this horrific murder, the more disgusting it gets.

But one thing is increasingly obvious: he wasn’t killed ‘accidentally’ during a botched interrogation, as Saudi sources are desperately trying to suggest.

The consulate witness who heard the screams was clear: ‘They came to kill him to kill him, not interrogate him.’

Of course they did.
    A 15-man team of highly trained men including royal House of Saud bodyguards and intelligence officers weren’t sent from Saudi Arabia to Turkey to have a ‘little chat’ with Khashoggi.
    They were sent to silence him – permanently.

And to do it in such a despicable and depraved manner that it would deter others from following his path.
    And they would never have dared do this without the express knowledge and approval of Saudi Arabia’s new 33-year-old crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, who likes to call himself ‘MBS’.
    What had Khashoggi’s done to offend MBS?
    Simple: he dared to tell the truth.

The 15-person execution squad would never have dared do this without the express knowledge and approval of Saudi Arabia’s new 33-year-old crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman. What had Khashoggi’s done to offend MBS? Simple: he dared to tell the truth

Related

‘Pissed’ Ari Emanuel Called Jared Kushner to Vent About Saudi Khashoggi Fiasco

Ari Emanuel, one of Hollywood’s most powerful figures, reached out to one of President Trump’s closest White House aides to convey his extreme displeasure with the Saudi regime and its alleged slaying of journalist and government critic Jamal Khashoggi, The Daily Beast has learned.

Three sources with knowledge of the situation say that Ari Emanuel told top clients and others close to him that he had called White House senior adviser and Donald Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner last week to relay his frustration with the fallout from Khashoggi’s disappearance and reports that a Saudi hit squad had killed him inside their consulate in Turkey.

When US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo flew into Riyadh to discuss the disappearance and likely death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Saudi Arabia transferred $100m to the State Department for US efforts against the Islamic State (IS) group, the New York Times reported late Tuesday.
    While the funding was approved earlier in the summer, critics have viewed the timing of the transfer payment with suspicion.
    “The timing of this is no coincidence,” a US official told the New York Times.
    The US State Department envoy for the anti-IS coalition said in a statement on Wednesday that they “expected the contribution to be finalized in the fall time frame”.
    “The specific transfer of funds has been long in process and has nothing to do with other events or the secretary’s visit,” envoy Brett McGurk said.
    The White House has not seemed alarmed amid a barrage of questions about Khashoggi's disappearance, what Saudi officials know about it and its close ties to Saudi rulers and the country's powerful crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, in particular.

After Pompeo's meetings with the king and crown prince on Tuesday, Pompeo said Saudi Arabia has committed to conducting a full investigation.
    Asked whether they said Khashoggi was alive or dead, Pompeo said: "They didn't talk about any of the facts."
    However, various members of the US Congress have been among those expressing outrage over what may have happened to the Washington Post columnist.
    "We need answers; we're not getting them," Democratic Congresswoman Debbie Dingell told Middle East Eye on Wednesday.
    Leading members on the Senate's Foreign Affairs Committee have also triggered the Magnitsky Act, a US human rights law that compels the president to order an investigation into possible abuses. The law gives Trump 120 days to issue a report on the findings and impose appropriate measures.
    Saudi officials have strongly denied any involvement in Khashoggi's disappearance and say that he left the consulate soon after arriving. However, they have not presented any evidence to corroborate their claim and say that video cameras at the consulate were not recording at the time.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...crisis-deepens

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Less than a day after the New York Times published a report claiming that US intelligence agencies believe Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman gave the order to murder and dismember a former Saudi insider turned critic inside the kingdom's consulate in Istanbul, the Grey Lady has published yet another scoop claiming that the Saudis have selected a scapegoat who will most likely take the fall for the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Anonymous officials with knowledge of the Saudis' plans said the kingdom is close to blaming to Gen. Ahmed al-Assiri, a high-ranking intelligence official and adviser to the crown prince, as the man responsible for masterminding the plot.

The report followed another anonymously sourced report from earlier in the week claiming the Saudis were preparing to admit that Khashoggi had been killed during a botched interrogation. Though the kingdom still has "a few more days" to complete its investigation, according to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, scrutiny of General Assiri has intensified as the kingdom believes he would blaming him could provide "a plausible explanation for the killing" while "helping to deflect blame from the crown prince" as calls for MbS's ouster intensify.
    Perhaps to add an element of plausibility to the story, the Saudis are also expected to say that MbS "signed off" on the murder plot.
    General Assiri, who previously served as the spokesman for the Saudi-led military intervention in Yemen, is close enough to the crown prince to have easy access to his ear and has considerable authority to enlist lower ranking personnel in a mission.
    The Saudi rulers are expected to say that Mr. Assiri received verbal authorization from Prince Mohammed to capture Mr. Khashoggi for an interrogation in Saudi Arabia, but either misunderstood his instructions or overstepped that authorization and took the dissident’s life, according to the two of the people familiar with the Saudi plans. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief journalists.
    Even in this scenario, however, Prince Mohammed would still have ordered an operation to abduct a resident of the United States, apparently only on the basis of his public criticism of Saudi leaders.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...alists-killing

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Russian President Vladimir Putin finally weighed in on the disappearance (and purportedly brutal slaying) of Saudi dissident Jamal Khashoggi during a speech in Sochi on Thursday. His verdict? Russia doesn't have enough information about the incident to justify spoiling their relationship with Saudi Arabia (and, by extension, the rest of OPEC, which has mostly backed Saudi Arabia during the burgeoning diplomatic crisis), according to Reuters.

Putin's take is hardly surprising: Russia's work with OPEC, which created a new Russia-Saudi axis to help manage global oil production and push up prices, has helped revive the Russian economy (while angering President Trump). Of course, Russia would be overjoyed to step in to any void left by the US if lawmakers force a rupture in the US-Saudi relationship, as evidenced by the recent agreement to sell Russian S-400 missiles to the Saudis.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...shoggi-killing

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In the latest conflicting report over WaPo columnist Jamal Khashoggi's demise, ABC reports that according to a Turkish official, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo heard an alleged audio recording of Khashoggi's murder inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Contradicting the official White House narrative, the anonymous official said that the recording was played in meetings in Turkey on Wednesday, and that Pompeo was given a transcript of the recordings.
    However in refutation of the ABC report, the State Department denied Pompeo had heard the recording, although it did not address whether he had been given a transcript. "The secretary addressed this yesterday. He has not heard a tape," spokeswoman Heather Nauert told ABC News in an email. During his flight back from Istanbul, Pompeo was asked if he had heard the audio, to which he had a non-committal response: "I don’t have anything to say about that," he said.
    Separately, ABC News has also learned that Turkish officials believe that Khashoggi was killed inside the Saudi consulate following a struggle that lasted eight minutes and that they believe he died of strangulation.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-pompeo-report

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Following reports over missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, reportedly murdered and dismembered in the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul by a 15-member Saudi team, several high profile business leaders have voiced their disgust over what appears to have been a gruesome, state-sponsored assassination.
    Virgin CEO Richard Branson announced on October 11 that he was suspending his advisory role in the Saudi Vision 2030 projects, followed by JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon, Verizon CEO Robert Bakish, Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi, AOL co-founder Steve Case - who have all distanced themselves from the Saudi government following the Khashoggi incident.
    What's more, the Financial Times, Bloomberg, CNN, New York Times, Economist and CNBC have all withdrawn from the Saudi Future Investment Initiative.

Deafeningly silent, however, is Khashoggi's own boss - Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos, who has yet to issue any sort of statement.
    According to CNBC, "It's interesting that in a context where people are so publicly disavowing and disengaging that there's not been a clear statement from the owner of the newspaper," Félim McMahon, the technology and human rights program director at the University of California at Berkeley law school's Human Rights Center. "It's legitimate to ask that person's opinion."
    Head in the clouds?
    Perhaps Bezos has refrained from issuing a statement due to a lucrative deal to set up data centers in Saudi Arabia - a plan announced last year.
    It announced plans a year ago for the opening of a Middle East division based in Bahrain, an island nation that neighbors Saudi Arabia. Since May, Amazon has had a job post up for a "Head of Public Policy AWS Saudi Arabia" based in Bahrain. Part of the candidate's role is to "help further advance Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia." The position requires fluency in Arabic, and one of the top objectives is to "develop, lead and implement Saudi Arabia government affairs advocacy objectives and policy/political priorities" for AWS.
    Amazon also has an office in Riyadh for Souq.com, the Middle Eastern e-commerce company that it acquired last year for $580 million. -CNBC
    Saudi money in general has permeated tech, with the country's Public Investment Fund having committed $45 billion to the Softbank inaugural Vision Fund, while Crown Prince Mohammed recently said he will invest a similar amount in the next fund. Other investors in the Vision Fund include Apple and Qualcomm, while Softbank has large stakes in Uber, DoorDash, WeWork and several other companies.
    Softbank's COO, Marcelo Claure said that the company is monitoring the situation.
    "Like most companies that have a relationship with Saudi Arabia, we are watching the developments and seeing where this goes," Claure said. "Right now it is business as usual — we are continuing to run our company, our funds."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-disappearance

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump vows U.S. will not ‘walk away from Saudi Arabia’ amid pressure to respond to Jamal Khashoggi’s alleged murder

President Donald Trump said Wednesday he would not rupture America’s long-standing alliance with Saudi Arabia over the disappearance and possible murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi despite mounting international and domestic pressure. “We’re not going to walk away from Saudi Arabia,” Trump told Fox Business Network. “I don’t want to do that.” Trump implied that only if the top echelon of Saudi Arabia's royal family were implicated would he find it necessary to punish the country. ...

----

In his recent interview with CBS 60 Minutes, Trump specifically cites the needs of US weapons manufacturers as reasons to keep US arms flowing to the Saudi regime, even if it ends up being responsible for the murder of Khashoggi:
    "They are ordering military equipment. Everybody in the world wanted that order. Russia wanted it, China wanted it, we wanted it…I tell you what I don’t wanna do. Boeing, Lockheed, Raytheon, all these [companies]…I don’t wanna hurt jobs. I don’t wanna lose an order like that."

----
    [because, you know, murder, terrorism, assassination, torture, religious oppression, totalitarianism, dictatorship, bombing and starving neighbors, speech oppression, head chopping, ... - its all good for you know, making MIC corporatists wealthy and stuff when Saudi Wahabia does it. ]
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-18-2018 at 07:25 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

The Khashoggi Atrocity Won’t Stop Trump’s Drive for War With Iran

Symbolic punishment will be designed to protect the policy of provocation. ..

But one thing is unlikely to change as a result of a brazen killing of a regime critic: the Trump administration’s warmongering policy toward Iran. The emerging damage control story—that Khashoggi died during “an interrogation that went wrong”—is designed to protect the strategic alliance that seeks to confront the Islamic Republic, say Iran experts. “That’s why you’re seeing the administration working with Saudi Arabia come up with some kind of plausible explanation that limits the damage to the bilateral relationship,” …

“The Saudis are the driving force behind the policy of confronting Iran, not the United States,” … “The United States does not need to have this policy of confrontation with Iran, because the nuclear deal was working. So while the United States needs Saudi Arabia to confront Iran, it actually doesn’t need to confront Iran at all.” … But that’s not going to happen given the Trump administration’s belligerence toward Iran. … This is exactly the aggressive policy that Saudi Arabia has encouraged ever since Jared Kushner took over his father-in-law’s Middle East policy and bonded with MBS …
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

The near-total silence from on-the-record investigators, government officials, and reliable sources on the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi led much of the mainstream media to rely on the government-allied Turkish media and anonymous Turkish sources for this week’s news.

Turkish anonymous sources have delivered blood, gore, and very little evidence to back up their claims – typical for a government that often uses false charges of terrorism to imprison journalists or dismiss government employees. Yet the American journalists relying on the steady trickle of gossip from Ankara have done little to highlight the poor reputation of the Turkish legal system and Turkey’s status as the world’s most prolific jailer of journalists. This latter point is of particular concern in a case involving the disappearance of a journalist critical of his home government.
    President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has near complete control over the information reported on the Khashoggi case, as the sources for the known details so far are either (alleged) Turkish government investigators or Erdogan-friendly Turkish newspapers that, after years of Ankara persecuting antagonistic outlets, have overrun the Turkish media landscape.

An analysis of the most prominent, and salacious, of the claims surrounding Khashoggi’s disappearance indicate that Turkey has maintained unparalleled control over the information disseminated in the media. Yet while many in media highlight the long history of human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia, and some manage to find blame for President Donald Trump in this affair, Turkey’s own dire reputation of fabricating claims against political enemies and wantonly abusing its journalists has been relegated to the background of the affair.
    Just two weeks ago, when Khashoggi’s location was still a guaranteed known, much of the international human rights community and the free world was united in condemning Erdogan’s government for making the exercise of the press impossible without political retribution. As the PEN International group notes on its website, Erdogan has shut down over 180 media outlets since July 2016, when he claimed supporters of Islamic cleric Fethullah Gülen attempted a coup d’etat against him. Similarly, over 150 journalists are currently in prison in Turkey for crimes ranging from “insulting the president” to “terrorism,” most falsely accused of ties to Gülen or terrorist groups such as the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK).

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...hashoggi-case/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A new Daily Beast investigation has revealed that Obama's first National Security Adviser, James L. Jones, now works for the Saudis and despite a growing public movement of Western companies and media organizations to divest and distance themselves from their previous close relationship with the kingdom and events sponsored by crown prince MbS Jones is refusing to budge. As The Daily Beast concludes in its report, "It’s another sign of the deep reach of Saudi money into the Washington elite."

While noting the heat that Trump-connected individuals have lately taken over their close ties with the Saudis, The Daily Beast uncovers Obama-era officials' continuing deep ties:
    But Obama World isn’t without close connections to the Kingdom. A company helmed by Jim Jones, then-President Barack Obama’s first National Security Adviser, has a contract with the Saudi government to advise on industrial matters, The Daily Beast has learned. Jones’ company, Jones Group International, had, until March of this year, a second contract with the Kingdom related to Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman’s military overhaul. It’s another sign of the deep reach of Saudi money into the Washington elite.
    As Jones was also longtime Commandant of the Marine Corps prior to being Obama's first National Security Advisor, it also underscores the military-industrial complex's closeness to Saudi rulers spanning decades, and the way this has served to continually shield Riyadh from the scrutiny of Washington and the American public.
    Gen. Jones heads Jones Group International, whose subsidiary Ironhand Security has a contract with the Saudi government to advise on domestic industrial expansion and infrastructure. And previously Ironhand Security advised on military transformation efforts, according to the report. The relationship was further confirmed by Pentagon-approved contract documents obtained by FOIA one contract is still in place while another has expired.
    In response to probes into the relationship, a spokesperson for Ironhand Security told The Daily Beast: “Ironhand Security had a contract with the Saudi government to provide advice on its military transformation efforts, a key component of the 2030 vision and reform agenda strongly supported by the United States.” And the statement further noted, “This was particularly important given the significance of the military-to-military relationship.”
    "Another sign of the deep reach of Saudi money into the Washington elite.... Long-time lobbyists told The Daily Beast that the Kingdom’s ample wealth would still open doors on K Street." https://t.co/iIOBevwnVo
    — Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) October 18, 2018
    The current contract between Jones' company and the Saudi involves “advisory services on the development of a domestic industrial base.” But interestingly, at a time when a number of companies are publicly distancing themselves from the kingdom over Khashoggi's brutal murder in the Istanbul consulate among the most recent include lobbying firms BGR Group and Glover Park Group Jones has indicated he's not yet ready to cut business ties with the Saudis.
    “General Jones is disturbed about this matter and horrified at the reports,” the Ironhand Security statement said. “He wants to know precisely what happened to Mr. Khashoggi and eagerly awaits disclosure of the full facts produced by the investigations, which must be thorough, objective, transparent and verifiable.”
    Perhaps the most interesting aspect to The Daily Beast report is the acknowledgement that there is a whole cadre of powerful former US generals and military officials who form an unelected arm of American "soft power" something rarely, if ever, disclosed to the public:
    Lydia Dennett, an investigator at the government watchdog group Project on Government Oversight (POGO), told The Daily Beast that when foreign governments ink contracts with former administration officials, those commercial connections can act as tools of soft power.
    “The concern here is that high-ranking military officials generally are often seen as places where Congress and the executive branch can go to provide unbiased advice on national security issues,” Dennett said. “And when you have these kinds of financial relationships, it can lead to issues of undue influence.”
    We should also note the high number of retired generals on payroll for the major networks from FOX to CNN to NBC who without disclosing such lobbying ties consistently appear on prime time panels in order to "inform" (or rather "form") the public mind on issues ranging from Syria to Iran to Russia.
    Case in point: as recently as July, Gen. Jones was writing op-eds on "Why the Untied States must remain in Syria" in major outlets while on the Saudi payroll, which was of course not disclosed in said op-eds.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-saudis-report

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ========

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status...56882301132800

Brad Cabana @bradCabana
    2 min.
    Corker rails against Trump administration's intel 'clampdown' on Khashoggi
    https://politi.co/2R03mSy

(hahaha how does it feel Senator????)

“This is going to come to a head in a very short amount of time. This isn’t getting better over time.
    It seems to me over the next week or so people are going to know more about what happened,”
    “There has been a clampdown on any further intelligence updates to senators … it can’t go on that long,
    they need to come out and share their views of what happened and share with us.”

Brad Cabana
    BREAKING - Goldman Sachs joins firms pulling out of Saudi investor summit
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...fFg6iQ.twitter

Business Line
    French, British ministers pull out of Saudi conference over #JamalKhashoggi
    http://bit.ly/2yKXDbL

NewsInn
    Police in Khashoggi case 'search forest'
    http://newsinn.org/d/a/9093497

Ragıp Soylu
    French President Macron suspends all political visits to Saudi Arabia in coordination with Germany, UK and Netherlands
    until Khashoggi’s disappearance clarified
    - Al Jazeera
    Last edited by goldenequity; 10-18-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Just a random thought:

What if after waiting for everyone to climb far enough out on a limb the Saudis produce him alive and well?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just a random thought:
    What if after waiting for everyone to climb far enough out on a limb the Saudis produce him alive and well?
    you'd have a better chance giving a monkey a typewriter and waiting for Shakespeare i think.

====

Ragıp Soylu
    BREAKING — Turkish Foreign Minister Cavusoglu says Turkey DID NOT give the audio tape of Khashoggi to US Secretary of State Pompeo or any American official

SouthFront
    US State Department Gets $100 Mln From Saudi Arabia On Same Day When Popmeo Arrives To Discuss Khashoggi Disappearance
    https://southfront.org/us-state-depa...disappearance/

After decades of beheading or killing critics, Washington and US Media Moguls suddenly Cry Murder Most Foul in Istanbul over Kashoggi. Comments from Eric Margolis

After watching the Saudis behead and even reportedly crucify critics and opponents for decades, suddenly Washington’s great and good are outraged by a single murder.

The victim was a Saudi columnist … linked to the former Saudi intelligence chief, Turki al-Faisal. But even gentle criticism of the royal government, and particularly its strongman, crown prince Mohammed bin Salman (aka MBS), caused Khashoggi to be murdered and cut up into pieces in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, to where he was lured last week and from whence he never emerged alive. Turkish intelligence … monitoring … picked up the gruesome details as Khashoggi’s fingers were reportedly cut off, followed by his head.

Khashoggi wrote for numerous papers, including The Washington Post. He had become a pesky journalist who irked the headstrong Saudi crown prince …

Crown Prince Mohammed has been arresting, detaining, shaking down and intimidating his subjects, all applauded by Trump and his son-in-law Jared Kushner who is deep in bed with the moneybags Saudis. I’m surprised that the Saudis didn’t ask the [BFF] Israelis, who are very good at assassination and kidnapping, to go after Khashoggi. …

The US has been kidnapping, torturing and ‘disappearing’ alleged enemies ever since 9/11. …

President Donald Trump sought to wriggle away from the scandal by claiming that the murder might have been done by ‘rogue’ Saudi agents … But even the usual lap dog Republicans in the US Congress refused to swallow this baloney …

Saudi Arabia’s genocidal war in Yemen that has killed over 10,000 civilians and provoked widespread famine and disease – all done with US and British weapons, advisors and intelligence support.

Not so fast, retorted Trump … The Saudis have arms orders for $110 billion in the hopper and, claimed Trump, $400 billion in commercial orders pending. We can’t risk Riyadh cancelling this bonanza … Just a week earlier, Trump had sneered that the Saudis could not defend themselves and had to rely on US protection. …

How many US legislators and journalists are on the Saudi payroll remains a deep, dark mystery.

Equally important, the Saudis and Emiratis are now closely allied to Israel’s far right government. … The Israel lobby is riding to the Saudi’s defense.

Meanwhile, we will observe the disgusting spectacle of the Trump administration trying to cover up this crime and protect its thuggish allies in Saudi Arabia while trying to provoke war with Iran. …

Just a random thought:

Wouldn't be surprised.

A similar story being floated a few years back:

It Turns Out Kim Jong-un's Uncle Was Not Fed To A Pack Of Wild Dogs - https://www.businessinsider.com/kim-...ld-dogs-2014-1

https://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...-starving-dogs
    Last edited by timosman; 10-19-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    you'd have a better chance giving a monkey a typewriter and waiting for Shakespeare i think.
    Probably, but the longer the Turks take to provide any actual proof the better the odds get.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Probably, but the longer the Turks take to provide any actual proof the better the odds get.
    John O. Brennan showing out of nowhere adds at least 25% to the odds.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1053407464513789964

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So grave is the fallout from the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi that King Salman has felt compelled to intervene, five sources with links to the Saudi royal family said. Last Thursday, Oct. 11, the king dispatched his most trusted aide, Prince Khaled al-Faisal, governor of Mecca, to Istanbul to try to defuse the crisis.

More at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...source=twitter

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is Israel trying to bring down the house of Saud?
    Much more at:

Israeli minister publicly confirms contacts with Saudi Arabia amid growing threat from Iran

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Saudi Arabia said on Saturday that Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi has died, and said it fired two senior officials over the incident that has provoked an international outcry and strained relations between Riyadh and the West.A statement from the Saudi public prosecutor said a fight broke out between Khashoggi and people who met him in the consulate and led to his death.
    "The investigations are still underway and 18 Saudi nationals have been arrested," the statement on state media said, adding that royal court adviser Saud al-Qahtani and deputy intelligence chief Ahmed Asiri have been fired from their positions.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-sa...--finance.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Saudi King Salman has also ordered the formation of ministerial committee led by crown prince Mohammad bin Salman to restructure the general intelligence agency.
    As Ali Shihabi, Founder, The Arabia Foundation, tweets:
    "The removal of two top officials, a cabinet ranking, very powerful and close advisor of MBS and the Deputy Head of Foreign intelligence + 4 other Generals in foreign intelligence (virtually its whole top leadership) cannot be written off as a cover up. This is unprecedented."
    "This is not saying "rogue killers" but implicating virtually the whole top leadership of foreign intelligence. They carried out a mission that went sour very quickly and tried to cover it up initially. Bad news travels slowly to the top."
    We await President Trump's "very severe consequences."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...eneral-adviser

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Saudi Arabia said on Saturday that Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi has died ... A statement from the Saudi public prosecutor said a fight broke out between Khashoggi and people who met him in the consulate and led to his death.
    More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-sa...--finance.html
    "afight broke out between Khashoggi and people who met him in the consulate" - That would be the clown Prince MBS's 15 man assassination team team sent to kill and dismember him.

"Speaking to reporters on Friday, Trump said Saudi Arabia’s announcement on the circumstances of Khashoggi’s death was credible"

Sen. Corker: Trump Must End Intel Blockade on Khashoggi

When the head of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee sought to follow up on the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi, the intelligence community refused to give him access to any recent information on the case.

The committee chairman, Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) has warned that this has to stop. … the administration must not continue to refuse intelligence access to senators. ..

President Trump is inclined to let the issue slide, and that means he’s also inclined to keep the Senate in the dark as long as possible. ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast