Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh is the swamp

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Do you think Trump would nominate one of them?
    Most of the judges on his short list were worse than Kavanaugh.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That wasn't my question. My question was: Do you think Trump would nominate a judge that would "shred the entire Constitution and every amendment"?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That wasn't my question. My question was: Do you think Trump would nominate a judge that would "shred the entire Constitution and every amendment"?
    It's possible, some of the judges on his short list might do that and if the Demoncrats win this fight he might end up picking one that isn't on his short list just to get one confirmed that is no worse than Kennedy. (Kennedy was quite happy to shred any part of the Constitution if it was in the way of the outcome he wanted)

I hope that if Kavanaugh fails Trump will pick Barrett or Lee but there is no guarantee of that.

And no matter what happens I will continue to point out the vile tactics of the Demoncrats in this nomination fight, they should be using the Patriot Act and the 4thA against him even if they don't really care about them but they don't want people even thinking about them and they want to set the precedent that all men arre guilty until proven innocent.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Stop wasting space.
    "Stop wasting space" - at RP-Mother $#@!ing-F's - by pointing out that the nominee is literally an enemy of the 4th amendment, civil liberties, and freedom in general? Really?

I think we all get it. "It's possible to oppose the tactics without supporting the nominee". In fact I agree. I'm of the same mind. But that's not the space that is being taken here. What space is being occupied here is an attempt to keep so called libertarians' eyes on the prize - yes, the tactics are despicable, and the railroading is obvious. WE as libertarians should both oppose the Democrats efforts while also opposing the nomination on the grounds that the man is being miscast as a "Constitutionalist". He's no such thing, and his taking a seat on the SC will only secure yet ANOTHER vote against of freedom.

You're the waste of space.

Clinton's behind this smear job & phoney Dr.Ford

Political theater.

Better, or worse, than Kavanaugh...

If Kavanaugh does win, it will be because the American people are not quite ready for complete abandonment of the Constitution at this particular point and time. It will continue to be shred slowly, but surely.

If he does not win, another will, and will proceed down the same path, perhaps sooner rather than later.

Freedom and liberty comes from within, not politicians or judges who can't even abide by the flawed Constitution that we have.

So the media plays the dog and pony show but never discusses the facts, or what freedom is or has been lost.

But they DO use situations just like this to gauge the American people, their lack of intellect, and their tolerance.
    Last edited by PAF; 10-03-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Well that would certainly make the ancaps around here happy.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well that would certainly make the ancaps around here happy.
    I consider myself an AnCap. But I do believe that we must return to the Constitution (restraint on govt) as a starting point and then address the pitfalls after. Many folks in this day and age don't even know the natural list of ten, let alone the rest which actually enslaves them.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    I consider myself an AnCap. But I do believe that we must return to the Constitution (restraint on govt) as a starting point and then address the pitfalls after. Many folks in this day and age don't even know the natural list of ten, let alone the rest which actually enslaves them.
    That seems like a strange username for an AnCap.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That seems like a strange username for an AnCap.
    See, people CAN awaken to the truth :-) Me be proof :-)

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    "Stop wasting space" - at RP-Mother $#@!ing-F's - by pointing out that the nominee is literally an enemy of the 4th amendment, civil liberties, and freedom in general? Really?

I think we all get it. "It's possible to oppose the tactics without supporting the nominee". In fact I agree. I'm of the same mind. But that's not the space that is being taken here. What space is being occupied here is an attempt to keep so called libertarians' eyes on the prize - yes, the tactics are despicable, and the railroading is obvious. WE as libertarians should both oppose the Democrats efforts while also opposing the nomination on the grounds that the man is being miscast as a "Constitutionalist". He's no such thing, and his taking a seat on the SC will only secure yet ANOTHER vote against of freedom.

You're the waste of space.
    ^^^YES!!!^^^

And thank you!!!

I've been called all sortsa names for saying this.
    There is no spoon.

Trump sabotaging his nominee. He can't get him to withdraw without looking bad. That's why he really wants to push a vote asap, so that Kavanaugh will get rejected, Trump gets to rally the base for more talking points against his political enemies, and then he can pick Hardiman. Kavanaugh was the one with the most baggage from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by gaazn View Post
    Trump sabotaging his nominee. He can't get him to withdraw without looking bad. That's why he really wants to push a vote asap, so that Kavanaugh will get rejected, Trump gets to rally the base for more talking points against his political enemies, and then he can pick Hardiman. Kavanaugh was the one with the most baggage from the get-go.
    Trump is no longer sabotaging Kavanaugh. He must be surprised by DNC's ineptitude - turn's out Brett, even with all his flaws turned out to be a too strong of a candidate. Next time he will be picking somebody like Harriet Miers to test the level of support.

One of the problems is that the issues surrounding each potential pick generally don’t come out until after the POTUS makes the announcement. Too late then.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

There are many much worse judges than Kavanaugh

And suddenly the truth is revealed.

These Republican Bootlickers have been constantly whining about their not actually supporting Kavanaugh's record, merely that they believe he is falsely accused. But here we have reality on full display.

Here we have a prime Progressive talking about how he believes a judge who supports government spying on the American public, government searches and seizures without a warrant, that has repeatedly sided with the Deep State in defending the CIA and NSA against any Freedom of Information Act requests that might reveal their wrong doing, that has repeatedly ignored laws in order to issue rulings base don his own political opinions instead of being guided by anything resembling the rule of law, that worked to defend the torture of prisoners in the Gitmo gulag, that worked to defend government agents who had tortured people repeatedly that gives not a single crap about the Constitution or civil rights apparently is one of the better judges.

The guy has shredded the Constitution at every level and you're on here defending him.

But of course you are. Progressives such as yourself mouth all the nice words about "small government" and "constitutional limitations" but your every action is to give your intellectual, emotional, physical, and economic support the the very people you claim to oppose, and you'll find any way you can to justify doing so. And you try and hide it, but every now and then you slip. As you did here.

Orwell was wrong. It isn't the boot stamping on a human face forever we have to worry about. It is a human licking the boot of his oppressors forever that should really worry us.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    And suddenly the truth is revealed.

These Republican Bootlickers have been constantly whining about their not actually supporting Kavanaugh's record, merely that they believe he is falsely accused. But here we have reality on full display.

Here we have a prime Progressive talking about how he believes a judge who supports government spying on the American public, government searches and seizures without a warrant, that has repeatedly sided with the Deep State in defending the CIA and NSA against any Freedom of Information Act requests that might reveal their wrong doing, that has repeatedly ignored laws in order to issue rulings base don his own political opinions instead of being guided by anything resembling the rule of law, that worked to defend the torture of prisoners in the Gitmo gulag, that worked to defend government agents who had tortured people repeatedly that gives not a single crap about the Constitution or civil rights apparently is one of the better judges.

The guy has shredded the Constitution at every level and you're on here defending him.

But of course you are. Progressives such as yourself mouth all the nice words about "small government" and "constitutional limitations" but your every action is to give your intellectual, emotional, physical, and economic support the the very people you claim to oppose, and you'll find any way you can to justify doing so. And you try and hide it, but every now and then you slip. As you did here.

Orwell was wrong. It isn't the boot stamping on a human face forever we have to worry about. It is a human licking the boot of his oppressors forever that should really worry us.
    You have mental issues, how is it defending Kavanaugh to point out that there are even worse judges out there?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You have mental issues, how is it defending Kavanaugh to point out that there are even worse judges out there?
    Best comeback you've got is an Ad hominem fallacy? I didn't expect your ability to form coherent retorts to fall so quickly into incoherent insults.

The best part is that you're the one defending a man who has slaughtered the Constitution, sided withe the Deep State, and defended the torture of people by the US government and I'm the one with mental problems?

What a joke.

Keep on licking those boots.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Best comeback you've got is an Ad hominem fallacy? I didn't expect your ability to form coherent retorts to fall so quickly into incoherent insults.

The best part is that you're the one defending a man who has slaughtered the Constitution, sided withe the Deep State, and defended the torture of people by the US government and I'm the one with mental problems?

What a joke.

Keep on licking those boots.
    You still can't explain how it is defending him to point out that there are even worse judges.

You just spew hate at anyone who actually wants to make progress towards liberty because you are a crypto-communist who is consumed with hate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's a typical fallacy game played by you folks. You justify the bad by pointing to something worse. "Oh, you have herpes? At least it's not syphilis!" Any rational person would be able to see the fallacy in those arguments - you can use them to justify ANYTHING! And you do. "At least it's not Hillary".
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It's a typical fallacy game played by you folks. You justify the bad by pointing to something worse. "Oh, you have herpes? At least it's not syphilis!" Any rational person would be able to see the fallacy in those arguments - you can use them to justify ANYTHING! And you do. "At least it's not Hillary".
    It's not a fallacy, I don't control who Trump chooses for SCOTUS and if Kavanaugh goes down Trump might very well pick someone worse to get the moderates to confirm someone, if Kavanaugh goes down you had better pray the Republicans gain seats in the Senate this year.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's not a fallacy...
    SS in prison: "It could be worse, at least he lubed it up for me"
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

SS in prison: "It could be worse, at least he lubed it up for me"
    When you are ready to launch a shooting revolution let me know, until then I will concentrate on limiting damage and making what progress I can.

Also until then I will continue to hold people like you in contempt for accomplishing nothing and attacking those who actually do something.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's possible, some of the judges on his short list might do that and if the Demoncrats win this fight he might end up picking one that isn't on his short list just to get one confirmed that is no worse than Kennedy. (Kennedy was quite happy to shred any part of the Constitution if it was in the way of the outcome he wanted)
    Thanks for the honest answer. I appreciate that.

I cannot understand how someone will support Trump while also stating they believe Trump could nominate a judge that would "shred the entire Constitution and every amendment".

Also until then I will continue to hold people like you in contempt for accomplishing nothing and attacking those who actually do something.
    Lol - I'm sorry... What have you done?? Besides spouting off authoritarian nonsense on a liberty forum??

My activism in the liberty movement has never been in question. And I have results to back it up - you?

Thanks for the honest answer. I appreciate that.

I cannot understand how someone will support Trump while also stating they believe Trump could nominate a judge that would "shred the entire Constitution and every amendment".
    My support for Trump is limited because he is better than any other president we have had in a very long time, he gave us Gorsuch and I hope that he will pick Lee/Barrett for future vacancies but if this attack succeeds and the Republicans don't gain seats in the Senate this year that isn't likely.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Lol - I'm sorry... What have you done?? Besides spouting off authoritarian nonsense on a liberty forum??

My activism in the liberty movement has never been in question. And I have results to back it up - you?
    Another pissing match.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You still can't explain how it is defending him to point out that there are even worse judges.
    It is literally just that. By saying that 'there are worse judges out there than him' you're defending his nomination. You might have noticed, there are also better judges out there than him... judges who we 'libertarians' should be clamoring for at this point in the process... and not because BK may have cupped a drunken 15 year old tit 36 years ago, but because he is anti-freedom in many important ways.

To submit and go along because we could get worse it to cede uncontested ground. Before you know it you'll forget what it was you were fighting for... that is, if you were ever actually fighting for it...

It is literally just that. By saying that 'there are worse judges out there than him' you're defending his nomination. You might have noticed, there are also better judges out there than him... judges who we 'libertarians' should be clamoring for at this point in the process... and not because BK may have cupped a drunken 15 year old tit 36 years ago, but because he is anti-freedom in many important ways.

To submit and go along because we could get worse it to cede uncontested ground. Before you know it you'll forget what it was you were fighting for... that is, if you were ever actually fighting for it...
    So saying that 40% is more than 20% is saying that 40% is a majority?

I have always said I want someone better but I can't make Trump withdraw the nomination and I can't make him pick Lee.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So saying that 40% is more than 20% is saying that 40% is a majority?

I have always said I want someone better but I can't make Trump withdraw the nomination and I can't make him pick Lee.
    You could also NOT advocate for him.

Is this difficult somehow? Or are you just being intentionally obtuse? Never mind, I think we know the answer...

You could also NOT advocate for him.

Is this difficult somehow? Or are you just being intentionally obtuse? Never mind, I think we know the answer...
    I'm NOT advocating for him, I'm attacking the Demoncrats.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast