Thread: Trump says it 'would not be acceptable' if Kavanaugh lied to Congress

Trump says it 'would not be acceptable' if Kavanaugh lied to Congress

http://theweek.com/speedreads/799534...-lied-congress

President Trump seems to have drawn a red line on Brett Kavanaugh.

While speaking to reporters Tuesday afternoon, Trump reiterated his support for his embattled Supreme Court pick, saying Kavanaugh's nomination is going "very well." But Trump made one thing clear: If Kavanaugh lied to Congress during his Senate hearing, this "would not be acceptable," per CNN. Kavanaugh made a wide range of claims under oath last week, including that he has never sexually assaulted anyone. This came after Christine Blasey Ford testified that Kavanaugh forcibly groped her and attempted to rape her at a high school gathering. The FBI is investigating the claims against Kavanaugh and has until the end of the week to complete its probe.

Trump also said that "I don't think you should lie to Congress" though there "are a lot of people" over the past year who have done so. The president added that the Senate will hopefully vote on Kavanaugh by the end of the week, and although he hopes it will be a "positive" vote, what happens will be "dependent on what comes back from the FBI."

The president's comments Tuesday echo those made by Republican Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.), a key swing vote, over the weekend. Flake said in an interview that if the FBI finds that Kavanaugh lied to Congress, his nomination is over.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lied about what? Boofing or some nonsense? Some irrelevant detail? Or actually lying about something substantial?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lied about what? Boofing or some nonsense? Some irrelevant detail? Or actually lying about something substantial?
    A judge is supposed to uphold the laws- not break them by lying while under oath. (if he did- that is being looked into). Clinton's crime was lying under oath about a sexual encounter.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-02-2018 at 01:54 PM.

I don't know what percentage of these so-called "pranks" is staged and what percentage is real, but this one is still sort of funny. It actually looks like a pretty good Christmas gift.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    A judge is supposed to uphold the laws- not break them by lying while under oath. (if he did- that is being looked into).
    When you are being completely maligned by false accusations, lying about what boofing means so he can say flatulence instead of butt $#@!ing is ok in my book. It wasn't material. Plus the whole thing is ridiculous, embarrassing and obviously it is all a big setup.

But even then, you can never prove he was lying. Some words mean different things interchangeably. I am 100% positive that boofing has been used as a term for flatulence by some group of people at some time, maybe his friends did. Maybe he doesn't remember the context of his statement. That isn't a lie. This was 36 years ago.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Maybe Trump never really wanted Kavanaugh.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

When you are being completely maligned by false accusations, lying about what boofing means so he can say flatulence instead of butt $#@!ing is ok in my book. It wasn't material. Plus the whole thing is ridiculous, embarrassing and obviously it is all a big setup.

But even then, you can never prove he was lying. Some words mean different things interchangeably. I am 100% positive that boofing has been used as a term for flatulence by some group of people at some time, maybe his friends did. Maybe he doesn't remember the context of his statement. That isn't a lie.
    Boofing is not the only question. Texts now suggest he knew about possible accusations long before they became public when he testified under oath he didn't know about them until they were made public in September. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...egation-earlie

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Boofing is not the only question. Texts now suggest he knew about possible accusations long before they became public when he testified under oath he didn't know about them until they were made public in September. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...egation-earlie
    Did Feinstein leak them to him?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

TBH, he really $#@!ed up the portions of the questioning about high school/ college drinking. He should have simply said it was irrelevant and asked why they didn't ask Ford the same question. As far as the words...same thing. The allegation was sexual assault and attempted murder. Not drinking and '80's slang words.
    Should have just said, "I'll answer the question regarding the stupidity of youth. However, tomorrow I'll go and start a gofundme in which all the funds will go to private investigators to search out every piece of dirt on anyone that wishes answers to these irrelevant questions, going all the way back to their early teenage years. So, please, cast the first stone.""
    I'd of been in for a $100.

Hmm; I believe the word is "boffing."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    TBH, he really $#@!ed up the portions of the questioning about high school/ college drinking. He should have simply said it was irrelevant and asked why they didn't ask Ford the same question. As far as the words...same thing. The allegation was sexual assault and attempted murder. Not drinking and '80's slang words.
    Should have just said, "I'll answer the question regarding the stupidity of youth. However, tomorrow I'll go and start a gofundme in which all the funds will go to private investigators to search out every piece of dirt on anyone that wishes answers to these irrelevant questions, going all the way back to their early teenage years. So, please, cast the first stone.""
    I agree; that would have been a much better reflection of good character than perjuring himself in front of a Senate judicial committee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The FBI isn't investigating if he lied. The senate has made no recommendation to investigate perjury. It's a re-opened and expanded background check.

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    The FBI isn't investigating if he lied. The senate has made no recommendation to investigate perjury. It's a re-opened and expanded background check.

The liberals heads here are spinning now.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Thin gruel. I was promised gang rape.

For that matter, I was also promised Russian collusion.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yep. He $#@!ed up. And it gives cover to anyone who wants to vote against him. But the ratings were great and fundraising is going gangbusters, so there’s no telling how they’ll keep this going. They want to make this the central theme for November.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Lois this is not by Batman cup.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Maybe Trump never really wanted Kavanaugh.
    Amy is tough!
    I.bett bretts a swerve to...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

He's being nominated for the Supreme Court. We demand the absolute highest levels of integrity, to ensure that he will execute the Constitution faithfully, accurately, and without bias. Like the other judges of the SC.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his