Thread: Trump’s International Ratings Remain Low, Especially Among Key Allies

Trump’s International Ratings Remain Low, Especially Among Key Allies

Restoring American Respect in the world.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2018/10/01/...ng-key-allies/

America’s global image plummeted following the election of President Donald Trump, amid widespread opposition to his administration’s policies and a widely shared lack of confidence in his leadership. Now, as the second anniversary of Trump’s election approaches, a new 25-nation Pew Research Center survey finds that Trump’s international image remains poor, while ratings for the United States are much lower than during Barack Obama’s presidency.
    More at link.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who cares?
    They are not our friends.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...607-story.html

Trump claims U.S. is ‘respected again' in the world. 'Preposterous,' say allies and diplomats

Asked on Monday, President Trump’s 500th day in office, what he considers his top foreign policy achievement, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders quickly replied: "The strengthening of relationships with a number of foreign leaders." The State Department said the same with a tweet: “After 500 days in office, U.S. leadership is back on the world stage as the result of @POTUS's policies.”

It's no surprise that top administration officials have alighted on that claim. The president has been making it at every opportunity — during a rally last week in Nashville, at the U.S. Naval Academy commencement ceremony and in off-the-cuff remarks to White House reporters Friday, just to name the latest audiences.

"We are respected again, I can tell you that. We are respected again," Trump told the naval cadets. "A lot of things have happened. We’re respected again."

The evidence — both in nonpartisan polls and in the increasingly critical remarks of exasperated allies — suggests otherwise.

The president’s bravado is about to be tested dramatically, beginning with a visit Thursday from Japan’s President Shinzo Abe. On the weekend, he is to attend a summit in Canada with other leaders of the G7 — the Group of Seven major powers — and then hold the most high-stakes event of all on Tuesday — his meeting in Singapore with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

After 16 months, however, leaders of long-standing allies like Abe, France’s President Emmanuel Macron, Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel and Britain’s Prime Minister Theresa May — all initially deferential to Trump and his famous ego — have grown frustrated and at times disapproving.

Significantly, so have their citizens, increasing the pressure on foreign leaders to distance themselves from Trump’s America. Across 134 countries, the median approval of U.S. leadership dropped 18 points in Trump's first year, to a record low of just 30%, according to a Gallup survey released in January. That was before Trump's decisions to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal and impose tariffs on a number of allies, which further alienated many of them.

The finding echoed a Pew Research Center survey last year that found in all but two of 37 nations polled, Trump got far lower marks than President Obama; the exceptions were Russia and Israel.

I'm not too fond of most of our "allies" so I'm not bothered by this.

Countries don't have friends, they have interests--Henry Kissinger.

Don't care for Kissinger, but that quote is true for all of human history.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Trump’s International Ratings Remain Low

It appears that your ratings also remain low and have been low for awhile. You are RPF's most negged repped member of all-time. Will you be posting an article on that too?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Allies are like $#@! wipes. They may help clean up the immediate mess but if they clog the sewer pipe you're gonna have to call Roto-Rooter.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 10-02-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    It appears that your ratings also remain low and have been low for awhile.
    From what I have read, America's ratings have been relatively low worldwide since 2003/Iraq invasion. The Obama time period between Bush II and Trump didn't really significantly enhance those ratings.

In any case ratings means jack-$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    It appears that your ratings also remain low and have been low for awhile. You are RPF's most negged repped member of all-time. Will you be posting an article on that too?
    We haven't had any updates for over a year and the thread was closed. - Operation RepBurn a Success! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Burn-a-Success!

@Brian4Liberty ignoring a user should come with ignoring the Communist propaganda posts they make as original threads as well

Quote Originally Posted by homahr View Post
    From what I have read, America's ratings have been relatively low worldwide since 2003/Iraq invasion.

I was flying a lot internationally when that monkey Bush Jr was prez. I was sometimes embarrassed.

In any case ratings means jack-$#@!.
    They meant a lot to ZippyJuan. It bothered him so much that he made a thread called "Operation Rep Burn a Success." He thought he would get sympathy and get his green bars back, but it only fueled more negs for him! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Highly progressive nation states don't like Trump. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm not too fond of most of our "allies" so I'm not bothered by this.
    Ya , actually if they say they like you , translation of that means they expect to be able to take advantage of you .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Ya , actually if they say they like you , translation of that means they expect to be able to take advantage of you .
    A nasty commie play.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.