Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: The Jury System & Democracy

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    So the voter must deal with general principles instead of trying to micromanage things to suit their own selfish preferences.
    I found a picture of this.



    My other less snarky comment on your statement is, I don't think you get how markets work.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I guess that the posters in this thread (I don’t know about Heavenlyboy34 though)
    Hey, I'm here now....
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    The only vote that makes any difference at all is the vote you cast when you spend your money.
    The problem is, none of us really has the option of voting.
    If you live here, your vote goes to the current way of doing things, and if you even think about voting differently, you get a visit by armed men who take your stuff by force.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    The only vote that makes any difference at all is the vote you cast when you spend your money.
    The problem is, none of us really has the option of voting.
    If you live here, your vote goes to the current way of doing things, and if you even think about voting differently, you get a visit by armed men who take your stuff by force.
    You can spend your money on the one corporation owned by Vanguard and BlackRock or the other one: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eet-own-the-US

    Theoretically speaking the constitution of the US is more “democratic” than that of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

    A jury system is (or should be) more “democratic” than letting corrupt judges, selected by a Royal family, rule supreme.
    But in practise it really doesn’t matter as crooked attorneys stab their own clients in the back (both in the US and Netherlands).
    Do NOT ever read my posts.
    Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-world/page2

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I agree. A republican form of government has the same problem (creeping socialism) that a direct democracy has, it just slows the process down. As you know I think the trick is to limit the pool of voters. Criminals should not be allowed to vote and neither should those receiving stolen goods. Even countries with no restrictions on voting have managed to shrink government although they usually need to go bankrupt. New Zealand for example. I think if you remove the main problem with democracy (voting to steal) there's a good chance it might eliminate the natural tendency of government to gradually gain ground and liberty to gradually lose ground.
    Decentralization. Voting is meaningless in a pool of 300 million people. The individual has no political power, and is merely a member of a demographic.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    But maybe I misunderstood and it’s objective that the US population is 5 times as criminal as the rest of the world.
    Now THERE'S an intelligent generalization.

    I suppose you're not a big fan of blacks and Jews as well.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Pray for reset.


  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Decentralization. Voting is meaningless in a pool of 300 million people. The individual has no political power, and is merely a member of a demographic.
    That actually would not be so, were the "government" on a properly short leash.

    At the end of the day, the level of mean rottenness of a nation's population is what determines the quality of life in a give land, in both the generalities and the particulars. Based on what we see in terms of daily reality, we can infer with confidence that rottenness is high in the USA. High enough, anyhow.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Pray for reset.


  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter
    But maybe I misunderstood and it’s objective that the US population is 5 times as criminal as the rest of the world.
    Now THERE'S an intelligent generalization.

    I suppose you're not a big fan of blacks and Jews as well.
    That's an example of taking a sentence out of context and making false insinuations.
    My point is that the US government is 5 times as criminal as the rest of the world (instead of the population). See the longer quote from the post...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    In a terrorist nation like the USA (is there any other kind in our Brave new world), judges and attorneys – like Clinton, Obama and Louis M. Bloomfield – are even bigger criminals than the little criminals that are locked up in prison and forced to slave labour in the “land of the free”.
    You can’t blame the jury system for this atrocity, as crooked attorneys keep their clients (victims) away from a “jury of their peers”: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ion-in-the-USA

    But maybe I misunderstood and it’s objective that the US population is 5 times as criminal as the rest of the world.
    Do NOT ever read my posts.
    Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-world/page2

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    That's an example of taking a sentence out of context and making false insinuations.
    My point is that the US government is 5 times as criminal as the rest of the world (instead of the population). See the longer quote from the post...
    Then you ought to have written "government" rather than "US population". HERRO?

    That cleared up and said, they are not really any worse than the governmobs (look ma, I coined a new term!) of the rest of the world. You think Netherlands is any better? Christ sakes, they walk away with "stupid". We can turn eyes to any of the European governmobs and see equal criminality, if manifested in other ways.

    The fact is this: few are truly innocent. We are all of us corrupted in one way or another as evidenced by that which we tolerate. Had humanity been less corrupt, the mass exterminations of the twentieth century would not have been possible. Billions of people would not have fallen prey to the worlds "great" religious institutions. The seemingly endless list of perditions and outrages to which we have treated ourselves would be very much shorter, had statistical humanity held the critical mass of intolerance for the intolerable, as well as a true love of freedom and respect for one's fellows beyond the mere utterances to those effects. But we didn't, and we don't.

    Therefore, the world.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Pray for reset.


  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Then you ought to have written "government" rather than "US population". HERRO?

    That cleared up and said, they are not really any worse than the governmobs (look ma, I coined a new term!) of the rest of the world. You think Netherlands is any better? Christ sakes, they walk away with "stupid". We can turn eyes to any of the European governmobs and see equal criminality, if manifested in other ways.
    Our head of state is King Willem-Alexander, who appoints the judges, so we don't have a jury system and are effictively ruled by a dictator.
    According to R3volution 3.0 such a political system is superior over a "democracy". It makes sense that he also opposes the jury system.

    As corrupt and despotic our Royal family is, we have far less (politicial) prisoners.
    Maybe it's because we're so "stupid" that there isn't even a need to lock people up, as there is never any threat to the dictatorial family. Or maybe the US government is even more "criminal" than over here...
    Or, as we are masters in statistrics and censorship, maybe the prisoners are simply labelled with some other word.
    Last edited by Firestarter; 10-18-2018 at 11:07 AM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts.
    Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-world/page2



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Our head of state is King Willem-Alexander, who appoints the judges, so we don't have a jury system and are effictively ruled by a dictator.
    According to R3volution 3.0 such a political system is superior over a "democracy". It makes sense that he also opposes the jury system.
    It is only superior if the dictator is doing the right things. Few do.

    Is having a single dictator any better than having millions? Perhaps, but is this not a bit of splitting hairs?

    As corrupt and despotic our Royal family is, we have far less (politicial) prisoners.
    Well, I didn't write that it was all bad in the Netherlands, but on the whole, it sucks just as does most of the rest of the world.

    Maybe it's because we're so "stupid" that there isn't even a need to lock people up,
    Again, it's not all bad. But it's bad enough. The world in its entirety is bad enough.

    as there is never any threat to the dictatorial family.
    I'd call that likely. Also, a different political culture in the details, so you will see differences. America is superior in some respects, inferior in others. Humans.

    Or maybe the US government is even more "criminal" than over here...
    Could well be. We are larger - much more at stake - and our politicians are infected with our own special brand of stupid that is different from the Dutch. The same may be observed with any nation you care to name.

    Or, as we are masters in statistrics and censorship, maybe the prisoners are simply labelled with some other word.
    Very Orwellian. Therefore, probably true. The tyrants have fallen in love with George's tale of happy living.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Pray for reset.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads

  1. Jury system = bad judgements and citizen slavery
    By Swordsmyth in forum Political Philosophy & Government Policy
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-01-2018, 05:32 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 03:16 AM
  3. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-28-2013, 05:44 PM
  4. Is jury nullification not mob rule or democracy?
    By Josh_LA in forum U.S. Constitution
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 12:32 PM
  5. Democracy: The God That Failed. A System of Competing Bads (rather than Goods).
    By AutonomousLiberty in forum Political Philosophy & Government Policy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 05:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •