Thread: More bad news for artificial sweetener users

Exclamation More bad news for artificial sweetener users

I have been saying this for years!

More bad news for artificial sweetener users

October 1, 2018, American Associates, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev

FDA-approved artificial sweeteners and sport supplements were found to be toxic to digestive gut microbes, according to a new paper published in Molecules by researchers at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) in Israel and Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.

The collaborative study indicated relative toxicity of six artificial sweeteners (aspartame, sucralose, saccharine, neotame, advantame, and acesulfame potassium-k) and 10 sport supplements containing these artificial sweeteners. The bacteria found in the digestive system became toxic when exposed to concentrations of only one mg./ml. of the artificial sweeteners.

"We modified bioluminescent E. coli bacteria, which luminesce when they detect toxicants and act as a sensing model representative of the complex microbial system," says Prof. Ariel Kushmaro, John A. Ungar Chair in Biotechnology in the Avram and Stella Goldstein-Goren Department of Biotechnology Engineering, and member of the Ilse Katz Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology and the National Institute for Biotechnology in the Negev. "This is further evidence that consumption of artificial sweeteners adversely affects gut microbial activity which can cause a wide range of health issues."

Artificial sweeteners are used in countless food products and soft drinks with reduced sugar content. Many people consume this added ingredient without their knowledge. Moreover, artificial sweeteners have been identified as emerging environmental pollutants, and can be found in drinking and surface water, and groundwater aquifers.

"The results of this study might help in understanding the relative toxicity of artificial sweeteners and the potential of negative effects on the gut microbial community as well as the environment.

Furthermore, the tested bioluminescent bacterial panel can potentially be used for detecting artificial sweeteners in the environment," says Prof. Kushmaro.
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-...zen.yandex.com
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Couple this ^^^^ information with people being over-prescribed antibiotics and other Big pHARMa drugs. Connecting the dots...

We also know that what we put in our bodies, from foods to medications, has an impact on this precious reservoir of organisms. The impact of antibiotics, and particularly the rampant antibiotic overuse that has become so prevalent, on our gut microbiome has become increasingly evident as research continues to emerge on the importance of our microbiome to our health. Disruptions in the microbiome have been associated with diabetes, weight problems, anxiety, depression, autoimmune disease, sugar cravings, fatigue, PCOS, fertility, immune health, adrenal dysregulation, and much more.
    https://avivaromm.com/medications-microbiome/

Differences in the gut microbiome exist between people with anxiety and depression and those without
    Numerous studies in animal models show convincing evidence of a strong relationship between the gut microbiome and mood. For example, studies have found significant differences in the types of gut bacteria in animals exposed to various types of stress such as maternal separation early in life, social stressors, or prolonged restraint. (5, 6, 7)

One study, published this month, examined the specific differences in the bacterial make-up of the microbiome in patients with major depressive disorder in comparison with healthy individuals. (8) Significant differences were identified between these two groups. Additionally, the severity of depressive symptoms was related to the amount of a specific bacterium. A lower relative abundance of Faecalibacterium was associated with more severe depression.
    https://avivaromm.com/medications-microbiome/

The microbiota offers many benefits to the host, through a range of physiological functions such as strengthening gut integrity or shaping the intestinal epithelium [7], harvesting energy [8], protecting against pathogens [9] and regulating host immunity [10]. However, there is potential for these mechanisms to be disrupted as a result of an altered microbial composition, known as dysbiosis. With increasingly sophisticated methods to profile and characterise complex ecosystems being developed, a role for the microbiota in a large number of intestinal and extra-intestinal diseases has become steadily apparent [11,12]. This review summarises our current understanding of the development and composition of the human GI microbiota, and its impact on gut integrity and host health.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5433529/

In fact, the scientists found that more than 25 percent of the 923 non-antibiotic drugs studied decreased the growth of one or more species of human gut bacteria. Some of the drugs that were identified as problematic include anti-diabetics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, atypical antipsychotics, and proton pump inhibitors.

Not surprisingly, 78 percent of the antibiotic drugs they looked at also inhibited the numbers of at least one species. It is interesting to note that the non-antibiotics that affected gut microbiomes in their study tended to be those that had more antibiotic-like side effects, like gastrointestinal issues.
    https://www.statins.news/2018-04-16-...icrobiome.html
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Moderation in all things.
    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Have you had your moderate amount of rat poison for the day?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Have you had your moderate amount of rat poison for the day?
    Thank you for your informative contribution to the discussion.
    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Sounds legit.
    Ron Paul know some weird people too.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

When I was going to cancer treatment and couldnt taste anything I was drinking an Ensure once a day.. for a little while it actually had some taste... it has multiple artificial sweeteners.. now 2 years post treatment I can start tasting a little bit of sugar again.. mainly the more healthier the sugar the better but things like artificial sweeteners will taste fantastic because I never consumed them much prior to cancer.. I refuse to consume them. Even for the longest time I couldnt taste sugar in anything, I did not resort to eating artificial sweeteners.. Aspartame is a known cause for a certain type of incurable brain cancer.. f.u.c.k. that.

these artificial things are never good for the body.