Thread: UK's Guardian: Fitness Makes You Rightwing

UK's Guardian: Fitness Makes You Rightwing

UK's Guardian:Fitness Makes You "Rightwing"

"I’m not sure what exercise does for your body, but I do know what it does to your personality.

Yesterday was Fitness Day. Sorry, let me give that its proper title: #FitnessDay. ... By 7am, someone had posted a picture of themselves doing a complicated yoga posture on a log, and I was as angry as a bull. ... the problem is with fitness itself.

'Here I am, improving myself, with willpower and grit, and because I was so great to start with, I’m shortly to become even better.' ...

Unavoidably, over time, this makes you more rightwing, as you descend into an aerobics-powered moral universe where only the weak need each other, and all the strong need is a waterpouch in their backpack ..."
    Last edited by AZJoe; 09-30-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How do they explain all the leftist fitness freaks?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

"All are equal in the dirt so don't you dare rise above it."

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Article said nothing about politics. Only hints that people that exercise may become extremists in bragging about what they do.
    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    UK's Guardian:Fitness Makes You "Rightwing"

Thread: UK's Guardian:Fitness Makes You Rightwing (neg rep)

Thread says nothing about politics. The article says it makes you rightwing.
    Only the headline does.
    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Article said nothing about politics. Only hints that people that exercise may become extremists in bragging about what they do.
    Silly Zippy, author Author doesn't say it makes people political. Nor does she use the term "extremist". Rather the author expressly states it makes you "Rightwing" -- the author's term, title, description, and conclusion in the body of her article.
    In the body of her article in paragraph 5 where she makes her conclusion, She says it gives you a mindset of "self sufficiency" which she equates to being "Rightwing". "Do too much, and the self-love develops a carapace of self-sufficiency. ... Unavoidably, over time, this makes you more rightwing".
    Last edited by AZJoe; 09-30-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Only the headline does.
    There's that Zippy reading deficiency again. Try reading again, only this time concentrate, and focus on what the words are saying. Hint, focus on the author's conclusion in the body of her article. Read slowly and carefully.

I was wrong. They did use the word "rightwing" but it still was not about politics but attitude by people who exercise.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-30-2018 at 06:41 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was wrong.
    Tattoo it on your forehead, Lebowski, your revolution is over.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

LOL, so now staying in shape is racist and "right wing".

Makes sense, since they already claim that good hygiene and sanitary habits are racist.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-30-2018 at 06:52 PM.

I was wrong. They did use the word "rightwing" but it still was not about politics but attitude by people who exercise.
    and the self-love develops a carapace of self-sufficiency
    Is not independence and self sufficiency at the core of "right wing" political thought?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Seems like just yesterday it was "left wing" people trying to sell hip fitness to the masses and get it into the skools. lolz, these people just complain for the sake of it sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I was wrong.
    You now owe the universe 1,000,000 more repetitions of those words.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment