Thread: Typhoon Trami path MAPPED: Super Typhoon to SLAM into Japan this weekend

Typhoon Trami path MAPPED: Super Typhoon to SLAM into Japan this weekend

Typhoon Trami in the western Pacific is ‘barely moving’ according to Weather channel Meteorologist Kait Parker but could move over Japan this weekend.
    She said: “Trami will barely move at all for the next several hours but will pick up on Friday and take off toward the north.
    “By Saturday evening it is expected to regain strength with winds up to 125mph and accelerate toward Japan’s mainland, including the capital of Tokyo on Sunday.
    “The centre of Trami will not directly hit Tokyo, but impacts will affect the capital as well as Osaka and other large areas of Japan.”

Over the past six hours, Trami has tracked northeastward and satellite imagery shows the massive typhoon has maintained a wide and ragged eye with moderate to deep convection (warm, moist air) wrapping around it.
    A track further to the east will eventually become the dominant starring feature and allow Trami to increase in track speed.
    If Trami tracks to the east it will cause severe impacts for Japan’s Ryukyu Islands, Okinawa, Amami, Tokara and Osumi are expected.

The Ryukyu Islands will be hit first by the monstrous storm from Friday night into Saturday.
    The islands should prepare for damaging winds, torrential rainfall and the potential for prolonged power outages beginning as early as Friday night.
    One of the biggest concern is rainfall and at least a foot of rain is possible in a number of spots across Japan.
    Dangerous storm surge, mudslides, rough seas and travel disruption are also concerns.

More at: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...tracker-latest
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this to be the second really powerful typhoon to hit Japan this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Is this to be the second really powerful typhoon to hit Japan this year?
    Yes.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

They changed the computer generated name from Tranny to Trami because it was politically incorrect. I know someone who knows some one that worked in the name generation business. No one can dispute me on this. My sources are solid.

The special thing about Trami was when the eye came over us and it was calm for like an hour and a half. Lost some really nice trees around the island. Not much damage otherwise except to Sunabe Seawall. We are now repeating the cycle of "phoon" names. "Trami" is a Vietnamese name. Here's the list: http://www.typhooncommittee.org/list...ical-cyclones/