Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else find it really odd being on the same side as Lindsey Graham?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That's what I meant by alliances changing. He doesn't care who he is aligned with as long as it gives him power. For better or for worse, he seems to see the power with Trump.
    If changing his alliance means that he would stop being pro big govt, neocon and top tier representative of Israel and the MIC then you do not know the man at all. Nothing he has done so far tells me that he is or thinking about abandoning that alliance.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    In other words, learn absolutely nothing from the mistakes of the past, basically give up and settle for a nice pat on the head and a few table scraps from our Lords and Masters. Got it.
    Some people can never learn, they give their abusers the benefit of the doubt every single time they are being abused, they pick up the phone and drive down to his/her place. Its in their nature

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    If changing his alliance means that he would stop being pro big govt, neocon and top tier representative of Israel and the MIC then you do not know the man at all. Nothing he has done so far tells me that he is or thinking about abandoning that alliance.
    He is just playing 4d chess.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I do not accept the binary choice of left v right. Graham is still a bad guy; a neocon responsible of deaths of thousands of innocent people in unnecessary wars and national debts that will be a burden on my kids.

I find Kavanagh hearing captivating. I believe the sex abuse charges against him are politically motivated and false. Kavanagh also supports domestic surveillance and was part to the GW Bush legal team. Because he disregards the constitution and individual liberty, I take no joy in him joining the bench.

The two party system is a ruse; they work together making the voter make the less evil choice. A choice that degrades individual liberties and grows federal powers.
    Agree but I would add that the sex abuse could have happened but at this time, it is almost impossible for us to know or him to get a fair trial(real courts or one of public opinion) and for that reason, I am forced to dismiss the allegation.

I made no mention of any of that. I said he was a snake in another post.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Phil, let me try to bridge the gap here... We're talking past each other on this when we should be allies.

Like with every TV show, there are plotlines that you see during the story and the plotlines you don't see that involve the business behind the programming (actor contracts, ad revenue, PR messaging, indoctrination of ideas, etc.).

With politics, this same thing holds true, however, there are real world implications to both. When you look at the substance of this latest controversy, you are absolutely correct. In everything you've said. One party is trying to ruin a man in order to gain power. It's despicable. It makes us all sick and we are disgusted at what is becoming of the country. We want to make sure that the party that is instigating this crap pays a price. Unfortunately, the other party is no better. Kavanaugh is just as swampy as the rest of them.

But if you look beyond the controversy-du-jour, and see it from the point of view of the programmers, it becomes clear that this whole thing is a fundraising gimmick for the November election. Both parties and the media are using whatever controversy they can to ensure good ratings, DNC/RNC fundraising (the emails are already flying), and to push people into one camp or the other. This is a fight over the power to control you and both parties want it. This is political sweeps week. If it weren't this Kavanaugh thing, it would have been something else. The game goes on.

Anyway, it seem silly to fight amongst ourselves when we're all right. It's just a matter of which aspect of this mess you're choosing to focus on.

The great thing about Ron Paul (a key figure in the "Do Nothing" party, I suppose) was that he got people to focus beyond the controversy-du-jour and to see the larger division game. I can't speak for the other posters, but what I've been trying to do is to keep people from falling into the trap of getting caught up in the show and pull back the curtain on the producers of the show. My fear is that people who were once awoken are being lulled back into a slumber by a compelling storyline. It may not accomplish much, but if we can't even keep people in RPF awake, what hope do we have for the rest of the nation?
    Ran out of reps again. I think the whole thing is a dog and pony show. So I am supposed to be cheering for Brett who thinks should be able to search our phones and emails without warrant because terrorism? dont think so.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the little speech Lindsay made telling the witch hunters off. A part of me cheered him on all the way

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I made no mention of any of that. I said he was a snake in another post.
    To be fair to me, I started by asking a question "If changing ....?", I did not say that was the alliance you were talking about. So which alliance do you think he is leaving? and where is he going to?

Never mind.
    Last edited by kahless; 09-28-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I do not accept the binary choice of left v right. Graham is still a bad guy; a neocon responsible of deaths of thousands of innocent people in unnecessary wars and national debts that will be a burden on my kids.

I find Kavanagh hearing captivating. I believe the sex abuse charges against him are politically motivated and false. Kavanagh also supports domestic surveillance and was part to the GW Bush legal team. Because he disregards the constitution and individual liberty, I take no joy in him joining the bench.

The two party system is a ruse; they work together making the voter make the less evil choice. A choice that degrades individual liberties and grows federal powers.
    ^^^THIS^^^

The two party system is absolutely a ruse & is there to make people point fingers at each other, fight each other, while taking their eye off the man behind the curtain!
    There is no spoon.

Some people can never learn, they give their abusers the benefit of the doubt every single time they are being abused, they pick up the phone and drive down to his/her place. Its in their nature
    Who is doing that here? Not seeing it in this thread. Is there another thread you are referring to?

Agree but I would add that the sex abuse could have happened but at this time, it is almost impossible for us to know or him to get a fair trial(real courts or one of public opinion) and for that reason, I am forced to dismiss the allegation.
    The sex crimes attorney they brought in said that not only was there not enough evidence to bring it to court, there was not enough evidence to get a warrant.

That doesn't mean he didn't do it, but the fact that all four people Ford said were there, all four of them signed sworn affidavits that it never happened - and 65 women signed sworn statements that Kavanaugh's character and behavior was not like what was described by Ford.. seems 99.999% probably it did not happen.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^

The two party system is absolutely a ruse & is there to make people point fingers at each other, fight each other, while taking their eye off the man behind the curtain!
    There is some truth to that however if you live in this country one has no choice to use whatever means necessary to achieve greater liberty. With the two party system having full control and outsiders having no realistic means of effecting change, one logically has no choice but to work within that system in order to achieve those means. The majority of outsiders have come to that conclusion rather than the pipe dream of a civil war or doing nothing.

btw - I do not see the Republicans going as far as trying to limit the 1st and 2nd amendments, promoting abortion, campaigning on raising taxes or to stay on topic of this thread falsely accusing people of rape and making claims anyone that drinks is unfit for public office (including if you ever had a few beers as a teenager).

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I never thought I would see the day that it would be possible this would happen. Not only his comments at the hearing but rather how these lunatic rabid feminists were heckling him after the hearing.

If it came down to taking sides against the lunatic left or Lindsey Graham, the man whom I hated his big government Neo-Conservatism, foreign policy interventionism and Cuckservatism, no doubt it would be him. That is how bad things have become in such a short period of time.

One wonders with the news media and hearings being such a huge scam, is there something else greater going on here for the purpose of lining us up on sides accordingly or has the left over played their hand so far they are ultimately destroying themselves?

That is not to say there isn't something to be said for people having reasons to keep quiet for all these years after a violent event(s) and reasons years later they are forced to come forward. But this does not seem like that at all and rather a massive con job than anything else.
    And now you understand the whole point of the circus. You've been made a fool and a convert. That is some good brainwashing there, folks.

To be fair to me, I started by asking a question "If changing ....?", I did not say that was the alliance you were talking about. So which alliance do you think he is leaving? and where is he going to?
    He was staunchly antiTrump. Lately he's been acting friendlier towards Trump. What that means... Hell if I know.

I didn't like Trump at all in the beginning. Although he has done things I don't like, he has done a few things that I like. There is hope in me that he may have some decency behind his reality show facade. There is the cynic in me that realizes that there are many levels to this show and I am not sure what the reality is. So although a part of me see him as far better than Hillary, I do realize that CaptUSA is most likely correct, but the optimist in me ...

So short answer: he is acting like he is aligning with Trump. What that means: the F--- if I know

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Who is doing that here? Not seeing it in this thread. Is there another thread you are referring to?
    I know a person in particular in this forum who is very optimistic beyond belief. I am talking about him/her not you

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The sex crimes attorney they brought in said that not only was there not enough evidence to bring it to court, there was not enough evidence to get a warrant.

That doesn't mean he didn't do it, but the fact that all four people Ford said were there, all four of them signed sworn affidavits that it never happened - and 65 women signed sworn statements that Kavanaugh's character and behavior was not like what was described by Ford.. seems 99.999% probably it did not happen.
    I think there is a high probability that he didn't do it and I base this on the timing and lack of witness support for the Dr. Ford. It really sucks if this really happened to her and as someone who has experienced sexual assault and who did not tell anyone about it, I truly sympathize with her.

I think the lesson here is how important reporting is and how we should all teach our young boys and girls the importance of reporting crimes (sexual crimes especially) when they happen.

WTF, I am on the same side as Dannno? the world must be ending

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Wait until you see what the FBI is cooking up. All these machinations are taking a toll with the infighting.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    And now you understand the whole point of the circus. You've been made a fool and a convert. That is some good brainwashing there, folks.
    Brainwashing and convert? Are you drunk? How do you even get that out of my post where I clearly pointed out my and this forums historical opposition to him on various policies?

Hitler was good to his dog. Let say the Democrats oppose Hitler being good to his dog. I agree with being good to our pet dogs so I agree with Hitler and would oddly be on the same side as Hitler when it comes to dogs. Would that make me a convert to Nazism and brainwashed by Hitler?

Lindsay Graham is making a political recalculation now that the dominant Rockefeller/Soros faction has lost control. It's great that Soros went so aggressively anti-Israel and provided this potential power shift among the deep state.

The deep state is vulnerable and in flux. Both sides of it. Trump/DoD/Israelis vs Rockefeller/Soros/Civilian Staffed U.S. Intelligence Agencies. Hell, there is a good chance that the Trump side splinters off into another faction, while this wild fight continues. The coming battle over the increasingly shrinking pie will not be pretty.
    Last edited by AuH20; 09-28-2018 at 04:42 PM.

He was staunchly antiTrump. Lately he's been acting friendlier towards Trump. What that means... Hell if I know.

I didn't like Trump at all in the beginning. Although he has done things I don't like, he has done a few things that I like. There is hope in me that he may have some decency behind his reality show facade. There is the cynic in me that realizes that there are many levels to this show and I am not sure what the reality is. So although a part of me see him as far better than Hillary, I do realize that CaptUSA is most likely correct, but the optimist in me ...

So short answer: he is acting like he is aligning with Trump. What that means: the F--- if I know
    That is certainly one way of looking at it. But another way is this, he genuinely believed what he is saying and the whole rant had very little to do with politics. As for him starting to come around to Trump? I think he warmed on Trump after the election. His buddy McCain was the more resistant one. Graham up until a few weeks ago was carrying with the whole Trump is a Putin puppet conspiracy and Muller shouldn't be touched until he clears Trump nonsense.

Also, Brett K is not really a Trump guy even though he nominated him, Trump got his name from a list submitted by the federalist society. So this could be Lindsay going hard for the FS than him supporting Trump and his nominee. From what I know about Lindsay, he is a seasoned establishment politician, a ride or die guy establishment guy and he cherishes that role over his role as a political opportunist. His kind of establishment groupie can't be seen in public with Trump establishment groupies and I don't see this changing any time soon. Warming up to Trump which he did post election is where it stops..

Want to have a liberty movement thats really successful? Start nominating/electing alpha male liberty lovers to office as opposed to beta male liberty lovers.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Its hard not to find injustice in what they did to Kavanaugh. Dems went off the deep end. Nobody is going to want to encourage the dems that sht like this works even if they think Kavanaugh is a good scotus pick or not.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Its hard not to find injustice in what they did to Kavanaugh. Dems went off the deep end. Nobody is going to want to encourage the dems that sht like this works even if they think Kavanaugh is a good scotus pick or not.
    The left side globalist faction will double cross the Neocons when the time is right and I think the neos have figured this out. I don't trust either side, but will laugh with glee when the paramount threat to our security gets kicked in the testicles. That's what happened with this Kavanaugh saga.
    Last edited by AuH20; 09-28-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Want to have a liberty movement thats really successful? Start nominating/electing alpha male liberty lovers to office
    Such as?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

even a broken co ck it right twice a day...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    You are the fool.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    I don't find it odd that I agree with somebody who openly displays their disgust for false sexual assault allegations.

Doesn't mean I like or trust Graham or Kavanaugh. Just means I Hate the ever increasing distilled left.

Relax, I hear that George W. Bush has been heroically making phone calls that hopefully
    are not collect to the GOP that people he knows, he has been defending Brett Kavanaugh.

Even if this all is more true about young Kavanaugh's wingman in
    the incident, who went on to develop a drug and alcohol problem,
    a senator's vote could legitimately focus on other areas of his life.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast