Thread: Ron Paul Praises New Tax Plan Making It Easier To "Ed-exit"

Ron Paul Praises New Tax Plan Making It Easier To "Ed-exit"

This week the House of Representatives will vote on a package of bills making the temporary tax cuts contained in last yearís tax reform bill permanent and making additional tax law changes. The bills will likely pass in the House, but will almost certainly be filibustered in the Senate if the Senate leadership tries to bring them to the floor.
    The GOP tax plan does offset some of the damage caused by federal control of education by making it easier for parents to escape failing government schools or 'edexit'. It accomplishes this by allowing money saved in a tax-free 529 education savings account to be used for homeschooling expenses.

This provision will help homeschooling families and inspire more families to consider homeschooling. Homeschooling parents must not only pay for all their childrenís education expenses, they also must subsidize government schools via property taxes and other taxes. A commitment to homeschooling may also require a parent to limit or even forgo outside employment.

Despite the financial costs, more families are choosing to homeschool. This is due to increasing dissatisfaction with government schools, greater public acceptance of homeschooling, and the availability of quality online homeschooling curricula, such as my Ron Paul Curriculum.

My curriculum provides students with a well-rounded education including rigorous programs in history, mathematics, and the physical and natural sciences. The curriculum also provides instruction in personal finance. Students can develop superior oral and verbal communication skills via intensive writing and public speaking courses. Students also get the opportunity to create and run their own internet businesses.

The government and history sections emphasize Austrian economics, libertarian political theory, and the history of liberty. However, unlike government schools, my curriculum never puts ideological indoctrination ahead of education.

Unlike government schools, and even many private schools, my curriculum addresses the crucial role religion played in the development of Western civilization. However, the materials are drafted in such a way that parents of any or no religious belief can feel comfortable using the curriculum.

Interactive forums allow students to engage with and learn from each other. The forums ensure students are actively engaged in their education as well as give them an opportunity to interact with their peers outside of a formal setting.

The latest Republican tax plan has laudable features, such as allowing the use of tax-free education savings accounts for homeschooling. However, as long as Congress refuses to offset tax cuts with spending cuts, the benefits of tax cuts will be limited and short-lived. Therefore, while all lovers of liberty should support any and all tax cuts, we must work to pressure Congress to cut spending. Bringing the troops home and shutting down the Department of Education are two good places to start.

Parents interested in my homeschooling curriculum can find out more about it at ronpaulcurriculum.com.

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...er-to-ed-exit/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.Ē ~ Charles Dickens

Lol - Perhaps you should focus on the correct portion of that article.

The latest Republican tax plan has laudable features, such as allowing the use of tax-free education savings accounts for homeschooling. However, as long as Congress refuses to offset tax cuts with spending cuts, the benefits of tax cuts will be limited and short-lived. Therefore, while all lovers of liberty should support any and all tax cuts, we must work to pressure Congress to cut spending. Bringing the troops home and shutting down the Department of Education are two good places to start.
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 09-25-2018 at 08:52 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

It accomplishes this by allowing money saved in a tax-free 529 education savings account to be used for homeschooling expenses.
    We are just finishing K-12 homeschooling for both our kids and damn, I wish that had been available to us.

Even more, I wish I could opt out of rent payments to the local liege-lords for "school" expenses, when I never have nor never will use a government school for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Is the rest of Ron's statement incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Is the rest of Ron's statement incorrect?
    It’s ALL correct. Except for the OP’s thread title. That part he made up in an attempt to make it seem like Ron Paul supported this crap legislation. There is no “praise” there. The tone of the article is that one provision does do some good, but overall it’s a $#@! sandwich.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

It’s ALL correct. Except for the OP’s thread title. That part he made up in an attempt to make it seem like Ron Paul supported this crap legislation. There is no “praise” there. The tone of the article is that one provision does do some good, but overall it’s a $#@! sandwich.
    Ron said it had "laudable features".

The latest Republican tax plan has laudable features
    Laudable = praiseworthy in every thesaurus I've ever consulted.

Anything at the federal level that makes homeschooling easier and more financially available to people, is worthy of support.

Is spending still out of control?

Of course it is.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-25-2018 at 09:00 PM.

I agree with Ron about all that but he has always said that and Congress isn't doing it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron praised the element of the plan that is stated in the title.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Even more, I wish I could opt out of rent payments to the local liege-lords for "school" expenses, when I never have nor never will use a government school for anything.
    I've carefully reviewed your request, and it's been denied for the following reason:

"$#@! you, that's why"
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

It accomplishes this by allowing money saved in a tax-free 529 education savings account to be used for homeschooling expenses.
    Assumes that the family has the excess income to put into yet another type of savings account. They already have to save for college, retirement, and maybe a medical savings account. Only about a quarter of people currently use a 529 account to save for college. https://www.cnbc.com/2015/05/29/529-...till-lags.html

Two-thirds of Americans don't know what a 529 plan is, according to a recent survey by Edward Jones, (Tweet This) and Sallie Mae found only 27 percent of families saving for college use 529s, down from 29 percent in 2014.

The state-sponsored plans come in two versions: savings and prepaid tuition plans. Savings plans, which are the most common type of 529, allow your investment to grow tax-free like an IRA. You can avoid taxes completely if you use 529 money to pay for qualified higher education expenses, which include tuition, fees, books, room and board. Prepaid tuition plans let users pay in-state college tuition in advance.
    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Assumes that the family has the excess income to put into yet another type of savings account. They already have to save for college, retirement, and maybe a medical savings account. Only about a quarter of people currently use a 529 account to save for college. https://www.cnbc.com/2015/05/29/529-...till-lags.html
    Imagine that, Ron likes a plan that lets people who have money save it but doesn't give away other people's money.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Imagine that, Ron likes a plan that lets people who have money save it but doesn't give away other people's money.
    You pay taxes on the money you earned to put it. What isn't taxed is any returns on the investment in the account.
    Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    You pay taxes on the money you earned to put it. What isn't taxed is any returns on the investment in the account.
    And?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment