Thread: Security EXperts Say Chrome 69’s ‘FORCED Login’ Feature Violates User Privacy

Security EXperts Say Chrome 69’s ‘FORCED Login’ Feature Violates User Privacy

https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/24/se...-user-privacy/

A new feature in the latest version of Google Chrome that logs users into the browser when they sign in to a Google site has come under fire.

Until recently, it was the user’s choice to log-in to the browser. Now, any time that you sign in to a Google site in Chrome 69 — like Google Search, Gmail or YouTube — Chrome will also log you in, too.

But the change has left users unclear why the “feature” was pushed on them in the first place. Many security folks have already panned the move as unwanted behavior, arguing it violates their privacy. Some users had good reasons not to want to be logged into Chrome, but now Chrome seems to takes that decision away from the user.

Matthew Green, a cryptography professor at Johns Hopkins, rebuked the move in a blog post over the weekend, arguing that the new “forced login” feature blurs the once-strong barrier between “never logged in” and “signed in” — and erodes user trust.

I dont and wont use Chrome, is this true? I still say Firefox, but even the folks at Mozilla try REALLY hard to shove the "Sync" feature down your throats. Since I wont install anything Google, what can you guys that know about it have to say about it?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Peking Opera - best browser around : https://www.opera.com

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Never use Goolagle products.

I am experimenting with Waterfox which is a spinoff of Firefox because Mozilla has begun to turn evil:
    Mozilla / Firefox goes all in for EVIL pushes corporate news collusion to silence independents

Mozilla Joins George Soros’s Efforts In Launching A Strike Against “Fake News”

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Never use Goolagle products.

I am experimenting with Waterfox which is a spinoff of Firefox because Mozilla has begun to turn evil:
    Mozilla / Firefox goes all in for EVIL pushes corporate news collusion to silence independents

Mozilla Joins George Soros’s Efforts In Launching A Strike Against “Fake News”
    I agree. Ive been getting quite suspicious since all the default settings are set to enable all sorts of tracking and browser fingerprinting. Its like they are saying "its just fine for Google to track everything, but not any of Goolags competitors". So even the Block Cookies from Third Parties is now buried and no longer easy to find. Still the best, but they have fallen far from grace. Google has not been good for a very long time.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.