Thread: Paul Gosar's siblings urge voters to support his Democratic opponent

Paul Gosar's siblings urge voters to support his Democratic opponent

Six of Rep. Paul Gosar's siblings have appeared in online ads asking Arizona voters to back David Brill, their brother's Democratic opponent in November.
    The stunning public endorsement underscores the family's rancorous relationship with the conservative firebrand who has represented Arizona's 4th Congressional District since 2011.

"It would be difficult to see my brother as anything but a racist," sister Grace Gosar says in an ad for Brill.
    "I think my brother has traded a lot of the values we had at our kitchen table," sister Joan Gosar says in another.

The public estrangement of Gosar from his brothers and sisters first became publicly known a year ago, when they expressed their dismay for Gosar's political views in a letter to the "Kingman Daily Miner."
    But the family's latest intervention in Gosar's political career reveals the depths of the gap between one of the most conservative members of Congress and the people who have known him all of his life.

In interviews with "The Republic," several of his siblings acknowledged they were no longer close to their brother because of the intensity of their disagreement with his publicly stated views.
    They also acknowledged that their parents' political views are more closely aligned with Paul Gosar's than their own.

More at: https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/na...2-ba01e8979777

https://www.thenewamerican.com/freedom-index

Dist.4: Paul Gosar - 79%
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You love your family, but you do not have to like them.

They should pay attention a little more and #walkaway while they can.

It also reminds me of Matthew 10:21-22.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

You can choose your friends but not your kin. In some families it's not only a good things to fall far from the tree, but also roll down the hill as quickly as possible. Depends on the family.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance