Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Code for no black people': New York bar's 'racist' dress code

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I actually dont have a problem with the dress code, my issue is with the selective quoting the poster used when trying to counter their point. The dance club I go to now has a dress code that prohibits any hats at all.

We all know what kind of clientele they are trying to attract and the vibe they want in the club and everybody is OK with it including a good portion of black patrons who still show up every weekend.
    Would they allow a Jewish person wearing one of those beanies or whatever they call them?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Would they allow a Jewish person wearing one of those beanies or whatever they call them?
    Who cares?

$#@! protected classes!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Yes, a yarmulke/kippah is the only head wear they allowed. When they say no hats, they actually meant all types of hats except Jewish headgear

I think I know your angle, now you would come and tell me that they are anti Semitic because of this rule. But it would be very hard to even try that because they also are against sikh's turbans, catholic skull caps, scarfs of any religion, burkas etc etc. Now had they said in the list No yarmulkes then I can see how someone would think it was anti Semitic.

I did not know that timberline boots were only worn by black people I wear them all the time. I guess because I am part black. I never knew that is why I like them I thought it was because I work outside a lot and don't want to hurt my feet dammit man I learn something new everyday.

I wear a bandana with a white tee shirt a lot. I thought I wore a bandana to help keep insects and dust out of my hair when I am working and white tee shirt make insects easier to see now I know it is because I am part of a gang....
    Last edited by Working Poor; 09-24-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I did not know that timberline boots were only worn by black people I wear them all the time. I guess because I am part black. I never knew that is why I like them I thought it was because I work outside a lot and don't want to hurt my feet dammit man I learn something new everyday.

I wear a bandana with a white tee shirt a lot. I thought I wore a bandana to help keep insects and dust out of my hair when I am working and white tee shirt make insects easier to see now I know it is because I am part of a gang....
    But have u ever worn any of those items to a club?

There shouldn't be a dress code at these places. That is imposing.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    You're free to go elsewhere.

No there shouldn't be, regardless. May be rude clothing shouldn't be allowed, but not telling people how they should be, that is wrong.

No there shouldn't be, regardless. May be rude clothing shouldn't be allowed, but not telling people how they should be, that is wrong.
    Why even make exception for rude clothing?

Nice selective quoting there but you do know what a doo rag is right? and what the function is?
    I have and wear these,

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You're free to go elsewhere.
    I usually do.. and find some dive where everyone is as ugly as me.

Shrimper bars suit me as well as biker bars.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I usually do.. and find some dive where everyone is as ugly as me.

Shrimper bars suit me as well as biker bars.
    Most of the sailor and fishermen dives I used to hang out in are gone.

A few, like the Crow's Nest in Gloucester or the Ebb Tide Lounge in New Bedford, remain.

That makes no sense...try again.

This is stupidity, this where freedom, and liberty goes wrong. People can wear what they want, so long as it doesn't contain rude words, or depictions.

This is rubbish about protecting the right of a business or where ever to impost their own clothing on others. That is a personal choice, there is a difference.

I have and wear these,

And I dont wear a doo rag. Not sure what this has to do with the poster using selective quoting to make his point.

This is stupidity, this where freedom, and liberty goes wrong. People can wear what they want, so long as it doesn't contain rude words, or depictions.

This is rubbish about protecting the right of a business or where ever to impost their own clothing on others. That is a personal choice, there is a difference.
    A big part of a bar or restaurant is the atmosphere. If a place wants to set a certain standard of dress that is not some crazy, libertarian freedom issue. It is not a tough issue at all. There are certain places that can and should ban people dressed like Flavor Flav or Larry the Cable Guy.

Tony Soprano handled it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Most of the sailor and fishermen dives I used to hang out in are gone.

A few, like the Crow's Nest in Gloucester or the Ebb Tide Lounge in New Bedford, remain.
    I saw the Half Shell turned from a working mans bar (on the docks) to a tourist trap..

I remember..

The evil red haired step child was Bartender at the Coral Isle. and she handled the crowd.

I've mellowed and the world has gone to $#@!.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Nice selective quoting there but you do know what a doo rag is right? and what the function is?
    It's a biker thing around these parts.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you have an extra copy of chromosome 21?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

NFL bans Du-rags.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

And I dont wear a doo rag. Not sure what this has to do with the poster using selective quoting to make his point.
    GoFundMe for jules so he can buy a Du-rag? anyone? I'll administer it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    GoFundMe for jules so he can buy a Du-rag? anyone? I'll administer it.
    His Che beret gets him in to the cabaret.

The fact that you can't make the connection to the article in the OP probably just means your commie beret is on too tight. Loosen that sucker up a bit and let some blood flow to the top.
    Last edited by fedupinmo; 09-24-2018 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

"Your kind ain't welcome in here." Is absolutely acceptable and should be encouraged.

People are not homogeneous and that's okay 'cause they don't have to get along.

This is stupid, not racist at all and should not be shared to signal Yahoo that articles like these will get clicks.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    A big part of a bar or restaurant is the atmosphere. If a place wants to set a certain standard of dress that is not some crazy, libertarian freedom issue. It is not a tough issue at all. There are certain places that can and should ban people dressed like Flavor Flav or Larry the Cable Guy.

Tony Soprano handled it correctly.

Clothing or hats doesn't affect that in any place, that is BS. It may seem weird, but that isn't my problem or anyone else's.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    His Che beret gets him in to the cabaret.

LOL - Almost makes me want a Che or Stalin type revolution...the first persons sent to the gulag would be weirdosexuals like this moron.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-24-2018 at 06:50 PM.

I saw the Half Shell turned from a working mans bar (on the docks) to a tourist trap..

I remember..

The evil red haired step child was Bartender at the Coral Isle. and she handled the crowd.

I've mellowed and the world has gone to $#@!.
    The No Name Pub on Big Pine is still pretty much the same.

I had always wondered where all the blue collar taverns had gone to...then I spent that half year in Wisconsin...I found out.

There should be whatever the owner wants.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

It is rude to wear clothing that clashes with the environment the owner wishes to create.

Checkmate.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast