Thread: Twitter Hosts Pro-Female Genital Mutilation Ad

Twitter Hosts Pro-Female Genital Mutilation Ad

Some are raising eyebrows after spotting an ad on Twitter advertising a pro-female genital mutilation stance.

“Sorry, what?! @Twitter is carrying an ad FOR female genital mutilation? #FGM,” said Ingrid Srinath, Director of the Centre for Social Impact & Philanthropy at Ashoka University in Sonipat, Haryana, India.

Srinath attached a screenshot of the ad, promoted by a group called Dawoodi Bohra Women for Religious Freedom. Bohra is a part of India that is heavily populated with Muslims.

“‘My daughters have also undergone khafz, and they’re growing up as perfectly as other children their age. As a mother, I can never do anything to harm them,’ says Arwa Sohangpurwala, Chartered Accountant, Kolkata,” the ad said.

Khafz is the practice of female circumcision, which the “Religious Freedom” group argued is not female genital mutilation, using the hashtag #FCisNotFGM.
    But in reality, there is no difference. Both practices involve removing the clitoris from young girls. The United Nations recognizes no difference between the two.

Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, a fundamentalist Muslim, owns about 5% of Twitter, according to CNBC.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/twitte...mutilation-ad/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pipe down you racist bigot.

Diversity is our strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Pipe down you racist bigot.

Diversity is our strength.
    Misogynistic patriarchal reactionary.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I fully expect all the people who defended neonatal male genital mutilation in the circumcision threads to defend this as well for most of the same reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Have Rush Limbaugh or some other celebrity conservative retweet this and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I fully expect all the people who defended neonatal male genital mutilation in the circumcision threads to defend this as well for most of the same reasons.
    Removing the clitoris is akin to removing the glans....

The clitoral hood would equate to the foreskin.

So not really the same thing other than somebody taking a knife to your private parts when you get no say in the matter..

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

So not really the same thing other than somebody taking a knife to your private parts when you get no say in the matter..
    But they generally do not remove the clitoris, female circumcision is essential them trying to remove the clitoral hood and a bit of the labia. Just like what happens with male circumcision. Do they sometimes accidentally remove the clitoris? yes but that is never the aim of the procedure.

If you are a male who is circumcised, you have no problem with it and you went ahead and recommended it for your infant boy, just know that there are 100s of thousands of female circumcised who also have no problem with it and are recommending it to their teenage daughters.

14-16 yrs olds can run away or convince their parents that they really do not want this practice. So in this case, FC is different from MC. But the UN and govt around the world have convinced you that this practice is so evil that it has to be banned and you believe their spin. For the record, I am circumcised and I have no complications from it but I am 50/50 on whether I will do it for my son when I have one. Maybe yes or no but I sure as hell would be pissed if some govt body prevented me from doing so or punished doctors who can perform this procedure successful and safely in a hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Misogynistic patriarchal reactionary.
    HEY!
    thats ME!!!

dont bring me in this shi t
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Come now, Twitter policies are completely Twit consistent and make perfect Twit sense.
    Advertisements on Twitter for Female Genital Mutilation of children must be promoted by Twitter. FGM promotion is Twitteriffic Twitter Community Standards.
    Alex Jones saying "mean things" completely outside of Twitter to a powerful neocon warmongering politician however is wholly intolerable and requires Twitter to totally and permanently ban him from the platform.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 09-22-2018 at 09:29 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But they generally do not remove the clitoris, female circumcision is essential them trying to remove the clitoral hood and a bit of the labia. Just like what happens with male circumcision. Do they sometimes accidentally remove the clitoris? yes but that is never the aim of the procedure.

If you are a male who is circumcised, you have no problem with it and you went ahead and recommended it for your infant boy, just know that there are 100s of thousands of female circumcised who also have no problem with it and are recommending it to their teenage daughters.

14-16 yrs olds can run away or convince their parents that they really do not want this practice. So in this case, FC is different from MC. But the UN and govt around the world have convinced you that this practice is so evil that it has to be banned and you believe their spin. For the record, I am circumcised and I have no complications from it but I am 50/50 on whether I will do it for my son when I have one. Maybe yes or no but I sure as hell would be pissed if some govt body prevented me from doing so or punished doctors who can perform this procedure successful and safely in a hospital.
    The point isn't about circumcision, the point is that FGM has been declared "EVIL" by the mainstream PC culture and yet Twitter is allowing advertisements for it while they ban conservatives for nothing at all.

Due to the Eurabia plan muslims could start doing ritual human sacrifice and cannibalism and Twitter wouldn't ban them, it would probably be declared "green" and the left would promote it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment