Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'EveryDay Tariff Prices!' 4 U :)

'EveryDay Tariff Prices!' 4 U :)

Walmart Warns It Will Be Forced To Raise Prices Due To Trade War

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-due-trade-war

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs down Trump taxes

Who could have guessed?
    As a reminder, washing machines were an early example of how tariffs filter down to shoppers. The Trump administration imposed a 20% trade penalty on washers earlier this year, and laundry equipment prices spiked over 16% in recent months.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Who could have guessed?
    Steel contributes to 80% of the final price of a washer?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Steel contributes to 80% of the final price of a washer?
    It's the double hit that gives the graph that nice sharp spike, if you like that kind of thing. Washing machines and solar panels were the first tariff, then steel and aluminum etc later.

The 'ol one two punch.
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 09-21-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Our extra washer and dryer that I refused to sell 8 months ago just increased in value.

Local scrap-brass prices are up about a 1$ from a year ago.

Hoarders rejoice.

Atta boy not Hillary, you just keep doing what I know you're capable of, and I'll look out for myself.
    If you get around to it, try to mention my individual rights someday.

Art of the deal, man.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Make Sanford & Son Great Again

Packrat survivalism is the wave of future for the Trumpy Generation. Save the junk.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Our extra washer and dryer that I refused to sell 8 months ago just increased in value.

Local scrap-brass prices are up about a 1$ from a year ago.

Hoarders rejoice.

Atta boy not Hillary, you just keep doing what I know you're capable of, and I'll look out for myself.
    If you get around to it, try to mention my individual rights someday.

Art of the deal, man.

Sorry about you guys luck . No effect on me .
    Do something Danke

Whine all you want but the choice is between temporary growing pains and slow but sure death.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm pretty sure the correct answer is
    temporary liberty, permanent contraction and painful, sure death...
    but hey
    fake news will nvr tell ya... so lets party.

Last edited by goldenequity; 09-21-2018 at 06:39 PM.

oh goodie...
    they're going to repair another country!
    (we're so GOOD at this...)

Expect US 'Actions' Against Venezuela in Coming Days - Pompeo

'You'll see in the coming days a series of actions that continue to increase the pressure level against the Venezuelan leadership folks,
    who are working directly against the best interest of the Venezuelan people,' said @SecPompeo to Fox News
    https://sptnkne.ws/jAqG

Awesome. They won't even RECOGNIZE their country when we're done.
    We're so GOOD at this. Can't wait.

https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/1042210770774159360

(Seventeen years and we're not done here yet either...)
    Death Toll for Afghan Forces Is Secret. Here’s Why.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/w...s-taliban.html

Taliban insurgents killed so many Afghan security forces in 2016, an average of 22 a day,
    that by the following year the Afghan and American governments decided to keep battlefield death tolls secret.
    It’s much worse now.
    The daily fatalities among Afghan soldiers and policemen were more than double that last week: roughly 57 a day.

ECONOMIC NEO-CONS

my point:
    these PSYCHOPATHS ARE THE SAME FOLKS who are going to 'repair' our country.
    That should bother you.

How are they doing it?
    Think about it....
    I'll tell you how:
    by attacking all the other economies around the globe.

and
    they've convinced YOU...
    it's cuz THEY'RE economically parasitical upon 'OUR GREAT NATION'.

My opinion:

WE ARE BEING BRAINWASHED INTO BECOMING ECONOMIC NEO-CONS.

Whether you devastate societies (and take their shiit) with depleted uranium and claiming 'they attacked us first'....
    or
    whether you devastate societies (and take their shiit) with sanctions/tariffs and economic terrorism claiming 'they attacked us first'...
    doesn't matter.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 09-21-2018 at 08:15 PM.

So dramatic.

I swear, you just post some info and ol' 3 x 5 swoops in sounding like a Greg Gutfeld clone.
    Must not shop at Walmart like the po folk.

RPFs is no place to complain about government aggression pissing on the market, got it, Greg.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Whine all you want but the choice is between temporary growing pains and slow but sure death.
    What scares you about sure death?
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    What scares you about sure death?
    I don't want to leave a dead country to my children.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't want to leave a dead country to my children.
    Okay, I hear ya.

Non-revolutionary ideas/strategies, on the RPFs, is an interesting way to approach this.

Have a back up plan.
    Ron Paul

Alternate title for this thread:

China's Number One Collaborator Wants US To Surrender

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

China Don

Must protect jobs in China. Make China Great Again

Must protect jobs in China. Make China Great Again

He was trying to make a voluntary fair deal with them so he was playing nice, you just won't let him him be right no matter what he does.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He was trying to make a voluntary fair deal with them so he was playing nice, you just won't let him him be right no matter what he does.
    But, I don't want a Chinese Washing Machine!

But, I don't want a Chinese Washing Machine!
    How about an American one?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How about an American one?
    Got one, from my cold dead hands.

Got one, from my cold dead hands.
    Good for you, let's bring manufacturing back to America so everyone can afford to buy one and they are available.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Good for you, let's bring manufacturing back to America so everyone can afford to buy one and they are available.
    I have been nothing but happy with my Made in America Maytag Clothes Washer and Dryer. I recommend them highly. I recently got a Made in America Maytag Dishwasher and its great so far, but too early to recommend.

I call BS. An increase in the cost of the raw material steel does not relate to such a huge increase in retail price. Manufacturers have all the expense and expose themselves to all the liability while chasing a sale to make a few pennies. Everyone involved after manufacture make all the money. Labor and or infrastructure are a huge part of the cost of doing business. A tariff on the steel would only equate to a small increase in the cost of the machine. What about the electronics? I am confident that Raw Steel is a small part of the end price of a washing machine.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tariff trade war = higher prices = bad for republicans/Trump because Americans need lower prices.

Raise minimum wage = higher prices = robotics = unemployment = non issue.

Employer mandated health care = higher prices = healthcare is a right = non issue.

I purchased more than 1000 pounds of 6061 aluminum alloy in 25 foot lengths a few years ago at an auction. Some tube of various sizes, some angle of various sizes. Thought it was too good to pass up. Been waiting for scrap prices to go up.

I don't think anybody is really arguing against bringing back manufacturing capabilities. The stupid part is starting trade disputes long before the manufacturing capabilities have been put into place to quickly transition back to an internal consumption model. Instead, we're spending $100's of billions on foreign escapades and $38B handouts to Israel (not unrelated) and building our big brother Agenda 21 utopia cities (I live in one and it's ridiculous how much is being spent on these faux-prison cities...also not unrelated, as they are modeled after Gaza-like existence). The returning of manufacturing clearly isn't what people are being led to believe. Instead of supporting small business manufacturing ventures with that money, the manufacturing that will return will be the Foxconn model of huge factories on the outskirts of cities, fed by the faux-prison A21 condo dwellers taking mass transit to and from the Foxconn plant.

My point? Manufacturing covers a lot of different varieties. The manufacturing people want is the old American business model where people can start a small manufacturing business and thrive...and Trump is letting people believe that is what is planned. The manufacturing actually being planned is CHINESE model, with CHINESE style surveillance state and CHINESE style governance and CHINESE style social planning.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-22-2018 at 12:01 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The manufacturing people want is the old American business model where people can start a small manufacturing business and thrive...
    my good and dear friend in SC assembling his ma/pa small farm automatic egg washers... 800eggs/hr... no employees. happy. productive.
    some components are cannibalized from something else
    like $7.50 Walmart coffee makers = heat elements (he'll make ya a great deal on little carafes hahaaa)

or
    sourced direct from different Chinese mfrs he talks with regularly on Whatsapp and are Fedexed right to his door.
    some 450W power supplies:

He has to 'double-check' EVERYTHING from China...
    great prices but he has to tear apart/inspect/resolder/test all components...
    like the power supplies above... inspects every circuit board...
    removes pwr transistors and adds heatsink paste to backs/reattaches... etc.

all the roller bearings... he has to pull the rubber seals, wash out the crap grease (if any!)
    then inject/pack with food grade 'blue' water proof grease...
    and on and on etc....
    lots of great stories from this guy.... he's one of my heros.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 09-22-2018 at 09:40 PM.

China had trade talks scheduled for this month. Then Trump imposed more tariffs. Talks off. Trump doesn't want to deal.

When Trump took office, we had a deal with the EU to get rid of 97% of the tariffs we had with them. Trump cancelled that deal and imposed tariffs. Trump doesn't want to deal.

Trump wants a nuclear arms deal with Iran so he cancelled the nuclear arms deal we had with them. Trump does not want to deal.

He doesn't know what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    China had trade talks scheduled for this month. Then Trump imposed more tariffs. Talks off. Trump doesn't want to deal.
    He wants a deal but the Chinese aren't ready to make a fair deal yet, their actions have made that clear.

When Trump took office, we had a deal with the EU to get rid of 97% of the tariffs we had with them. Trump cancelled that deal and imposed tariffs. Trump doesn't want to deal.
    It was a bad deal designed to destroy our sovereignty and advance global government, Trump will get good deal that doesn't destroy our sovereignty.

Trump wants a nuclear arms deal with Iran so he cancelled the nuclear arms deal we had with them. Trump does not want to deal.
    He says it was a bad deal and there are some good arguments for that, even if you don't agree with him he knows what he wants and he will probably get it.

He doesn't know what he wants.
    He does and you don't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast