Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'EveryDay Tariff Prices!' 4 U :)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    my good and dear friend in SC assembling his ma/pa small farm automatic egg washers... 800eggs/hr... no employees. happy. productive.
    some components are cannibalized from something else
    like $7.50 Walmart coffee makers = heat elements (he'll make ya a great deal on little carafes hahaaa)

or
    sourced direct from different Chinese mfrs he talks with regularly on Whatsapp and are Fedexed right to his door.
    some 450W power supplies:

He has to 'double-check' EVERYTHING from China...
    great prices but he has to tear apart/inspect/resolder/test all components...
    like the power supplies above... inspects every circuit board...
    removes pwr transistors and adds heatsink paste to backs/reattaches... etc.

all the roller bearings... he has to pull the rubber seals, wash out the crap grease (if any!)
    then inject/pack with food grade 'blue' water proof grease...
    and on and on etc....
    lots of great stories from this guy.... he's one of my heros.
    Yes, that is what I think people want and are being led to believe is the type of "MAGA" manufacturing that is coming back. I hope your friend is able to sustain his business! Most of those components could be made here but we're still mostly forced to buy components like those power supplies and heating elements from overseas to keep the out-the-door price reasonable and still clear a reasonable profit. I am in the process of starting a similar business but for American made driveway gate openers for all of the A21 house renovations that use lightweight gates. Even though some of the components are made here (by my very own hands) I still have to source power supplies and other PCB components, actuators and other parts from China to keep the prices reasonable. American businesses that make PCBs and actuators won't even talk to me unless I have an order for 500 pieces ready, and at twice the price of the Chinese versions. Like your friend, finding too many dud parts in a shipment is a problem and it's not worth "returning" them because of shipping costs and questionable dispute resolutions. This is the sort of stuff that a Wilbur Ross or the other people Trump has surrounded himself with don't understand or don't care about.

Unfortunately, my extensive research leads me to believe that manufacturing will, in actuality, be a role reversal of the US/China relationship of the last 20+ years, with Americans standing in huge factories making things for export to China under the watchful eye of the compassionate Chinese corporation that owns the factory. Have you ordered your Varidesk yet? That's a conditioning tool for getting people used to standing for long periods as our "paper pushing desk jobs" disappear and factory work re-emerges.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-23-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I still have to source power supplies and other PCB components, actuators and other parts from China to keep the prices reasonable. ....finding too many dud parts in a shipment is a problem...
    Yup. You HAVE to test and upgrade these 'well designed' but often poorly ASSEMBLED parts coming off Chinese assembly lines..
    the workers OFTEN don't care or understand what they're doing or why... like bearings MUST have grease or they will burn up.
    The 'factories'/owners 'save money' by filling them with the equivalent of 'Vaseline'.
    YOUR reputation is based THEIR components... you absolutely have to upgrade/check them. It's worth it.
    another (same) story...
    auto 'idler' bearings... take the 'time' to re-pack new bearings from China. you won't regret it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Yup. You HAVE to test and upgrade these 'well designed' but often poorly ASSEMBLED parts coming off Chinese assembly lines..
    the workers OFTEN don't care or understand what they're doing or why... like bearings MUST have grease or they will burn up.
    The 'factories'/owners 'save money' by filling them with the equivalent of 'Vaseline'.
    YOUR reputation is based THEIR components... you absolutely have to upgrade/check them. It's worth it.
    another (same) story...
    auto 'idler' bearings... take the 'time' to re-pack new bearings from China. you won't regret it.
    Yeah I do test everything and particularly watch for overheating power supplies. It's such a crapshoot with Chinese suppliers and they change their product specs at the drop of a hat. Small businesses can't afford to pay the upfront costs for "to spec" parts and the minimum quantities required. I ordered some remote control fobs and half of them arrived with dead batteries
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Yeah I do test everything and particularly watch for overheating power supplies. It's such a crapshoot with Chinese suppliers and they change their product specs at the drop of a hat. Small businesses can't afford to pay the upfront costs for "to spec" parts and the minimum quantities required. I ordered some remote control fobs and half of them arrived with dead batteries
    It's true so true.... probably WORSE now cuz before they jus didn't give a shiit... but NOW...
    they truly hate us.
    (for our freedums. right.)

"a $500 billion industry... you think they won't notice?"
    "The American consumers of apparel/ footwear are going to pay 25% more due to Trump's tariffs on Chinese goods."
    "This is a disaster in the making: We are truly upset and in panic, We gonna hurt big time" : says Apparel industry group head

https://twitter.com/WestWingReport/s...28547871379456

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12