Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Indian soldiers killed in Pakistan Army attack

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government, facing a general election by May,...
    Had researched this guy while back for another discussion, came across as a genocidal tactician looking at his track record of plotting election wins by using emotional incitements/ethnic riots etc. That said there is no proof that attack cited above was false flag for coming election season and the region seems to have no shortage of violent jihadi proxy/rogue groups etc since the Afghan jihad days.

Quote Originally Posted by homahr View Post
    Hezbollah resistance influence reaches Kashmir:

Reminded of this old thread:

Indian man accused of genocide to sleep in Trump’s bed in Israel

But if reports are factual, it would be quite ironic if Israel is now exporting their brutal occupation/populations control tactics abroad... including to none other than the country that has supported Palestnian cause for decades. Ironies everywhere.

Transfer of Population Control Tactics

Use of civilian human shields : Military regimes of India's Modi vs Israel's Netanyahu

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Saudi Arabia will release 850 Indians from its prisons after a request from Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during its Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's visit to New Delhi, India's Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.Saudi jails hold the greatest number of Indians incarcerated in any country abroad. As of January 2019, 2,224 Indians were jailed in the kingdom for crimes including murder, kidnapping, bribery, cheating, and offences related to drugs and alcohol, according Indian Foreign Ministry figures.
    Some 2.7 million Indians in Saudi Arabia form the largest expatriate community in the kingdom, with many working in low-paid jobs in sectors such as construction, domestic services and retailing that Saudis spurn.
    "At the request of the PM @narendramodi, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia has ordered the release of 850 Indian prisoners lodged in Saudi jails," India's Foreign Ministry spokesperson said in a tweet.
    On Monday, Saudi Arabia ordered the release of about 2,100 Pakistani prisoners from its jails, according to Pakistan's information minister. Prince Mohammed, Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler, paid a visit to India's arch regional rival earlier this week, before heading home and then flying to New Delhi.
    On Sunday, Saudi Arabia signed investment agreements with Pakistan worth $20 billion. In New Delhi on Wednesday, Prince Mohammed said he expected investment opportunities worth more than $100 billion in India over the next two years.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/saudi-free-85...183100230.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Indian leader Narendra Modi vowed Wednesday to increase pressure on countries that fuel terrorism.The promise came as fallout from a suicide bomb attack that India has blamed on Pakistan overshadowed the latest leg of the crown prince's tour aiming to boost his country's image.
    Modi did not mention Pakistan -- a key Saudi ally -- as he again blasted the "barbaric attack" in Kashmir last week that left at least 40 paramilitaries dead.
    "To tackle this menace effectively, we agreed that there is a need to increase all possible pressure on countries supporting terrorism in any way," Modi said after talks with the crown prince.
    "It is extremely important to eliminate the terror infrastructure and stop support to terrorists and their supporters."
    Prince Mohammed, who arrived in Delhi from Pakistan where he had offered to help the neighbours ease tensions, responded that "terrorism and extremism is a common concern for India and Saudi Arabia".
    The prince, whose country accuses Iran of backing militant strikes, added: "I want to state that we are ready to cooperate with India in every way, including through intelligence sharing."
    He said India and all "neighbouring countries must work together".

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/saudi-prince-...092304683.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

India halted a key bus service with the Pakistani-controlled part of Kashmir, cutting the only land route linking the divided Himalayan region, Pakistani and Indian officials said Wednesday.According to a Pakistani official, Shahid Mehmood, Indian authorities suspended the bus service this week without explanation.

An Indian official confirmed the bus service was halted on Monday. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to reporters.
    The bus service between Muzaffarabad, the capital of Pakistan's part of Kashmir, and Srinagar, the capital of Indian-controlled Kashmir, was suspended so suddenly that travelers only learned about it when they went to the terminal. Private cars, motorcycles and other forms of transportation have long been banned.
    The bus line, launched in 2005, served to reunite families on separate sides of the heavily militarized Line of Control.
    "I came to Muzaffarabad from Rawalpindi to welcome my cousin but was told that no bus will come from Srinagar," said Zareena Bibi, a 43-year-old Pakistani woman.
    Shehzada Akhtar, a 56-year-old woman from the Shopian area in Indian-controlled Kashmir, said she was prevented from traveling Monday following a death in her family on the other side of the line.
    "I could not go to see my ailing uncle in 2016 when there was some tension between India and Pakistan," Akhtar explained. "Now when my uncle has passed away, I am again unable to share grief with my beloved cousins."
    Angered over the suspension of bus service, dozens of people rallied in Muzaffarabad on Wednesday.
    Pakistani and Indian troops exchanged fire on the border between their sectors, Pakistani police official Mohammad Altaf said. Lt. Col. Devender Anand, an Indian army spokesman, accused Pakistani forces of initiating the exchange. There were no casualties, he said.
    Also Wednesday, Indian official Rajesh Kumar said authorities were investigating the killing by fellow inmates of a jailed Pakistani held in the Indian city of Jaipur.
    In Islamabad, the foreign ministry said it was in touch with New Delhi about reports that the detainee, Shakir Ullah, was beaten to death by "Indian inmates in retaliation" for last week's suicide bombing in Indian-controlled Kashmir.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/india-suspend...133845311.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Afghanistan's Foreign Ministry summoned the Pakistani ambassador on Wednesday over his remarks that Afghan peace talks could be affected if India resorted to violence after last week's attack on Indian paramilitary police in Kashmir.In a statement issued after the meeting with Ambassador Zahid Nasrullah, the Foreign Ministry said it deemed his comments to be "in contradiction with Pakistan's commitments with regards to realizing peace in Afghanistan".

U.S. envoys say Pakistan has an important role to play in the peace effort, given its links to the Taliban. At the same time, a former deputy Afghan defense minister said on Tuesday that Nasrullah's remarks would anger local government officials, saying it played into fears that the country's long-running civil war is a proxy for rivalries by regional powers.
    The Afghan statement said the government "once again calls on Pakistan to act upon its commitments with regards to Afghanistan, particularly those in relation to peace and refrain from making irrelevant statements that do not help solve any problem".
    Afghanistan's deputy foreign minister, Idrees Zaman, earlier tweeted that Nasrullah had been summoned and handed a diplomatic demarche.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/afghanistan-r...150541621.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

An Indian government minister reiterated on Thursday the country's plan to restrict the flow of water to Pakistan from its share of rivers, the latest effort by New Delhi to pressure its neighbor after a militant attack in Kashmir."Our government has decided to stop our share of water which used to flow to Pakistan," Nitin Gadkari, transport and water resources minister, said in a tweet. He added that the country would divert water from eastern rivers and supply it to its people in Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab states.
    Gadkari did not elaborate but officials from his ministry said he was re-stating decisions already taken by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, including a dam project cleared by his cabinet last December. Officials said no new decision had been taken on Thursday.
    Gadkari's comments underlined New Delhi's anger over an attack by a Pakistan-based militant group last week in the disputed region of Kashmir, which killed 40 paramilitary police. India has accused Pakistan of not doing enough to control such groups, while Pakistan has denied involvement.
    The sharing of water supplies from the Indus River and its tributaries between the two countries is regulated under the 1960 Indus Water Treaty. In recent years India has begun ambitious irrigation plans and construction of many upstream dams, saying its use of upstream water is strictly in line with the treaty.
    Following an attack on security forces in the Kashmir town of Uri in 2016, India began to fast-track development of some of the dam projects, escalating tensions between the arch-rivals.
    Pakistan has opposed some of these projects saying they violate the World Bank-mediated treaty on the sharing of the Indus waters, upon which 80 percent of its irrigated agriculture depends.
    On Thursday, Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan authorized the country's armed forces to hit back against India if attacked but repeated a call for an investigation into the attack in Kashmir.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/india-stop-sh...-business.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

US President Donald Trump voiced alarm Friday at the "very dangerous situation" between India and Pakistan, warning that New Delhi was considering "very strong" action after an attack in Kashmir.
    "It's very dangerous situation between the two countries. We would like to see it stop," Trump said, adding that the United States was seeking talks with Pakistan.
    "Right now there is a lot of problems between India and Pakistan because of what happened," he told reporters as he met a senior Chinese official in the Oval Office.

"India is looking at something very strong. India just lost almost 50 people with an attack. So I can understand that also," Trump said.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-calls-i...203703891.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    "India is looking at something very strong. India just lost almost 50 people with an attack. So I can understand that also," Trump said.
    I think Donald Trump said "who uses library in Afghanistan which was donated by India"

The International Olympic Committee have suspended all Indian applications to host future events and urged international sports federations not to stage competitions in the country after two Pakistanis were denied visas to compete in New Delhi.The denial of entry visas for two shooters due to take part in a World Cup event this weekend followed last week's attack by a Pakistan-based militant group in the disputed region of Kashmir, which killed at least 40 paramilitary police.

The IOC said the refusal of visas for competitors went against the principles of the Olympic charter relating to discrimination and political interference from the host country.
    "Since becoming aware of the issue, and in spite of intense last-minute ... efforts ... and discussions with the Indian government authorities, no solution has been found to allow the Pakistani delegation to enter India in time to compete," the IOC statement said.
    "As a result, the IOC Executive Board also decided to suspend all discussions with the Indian NOC and government regarding the potential applications for hosting future sports and Olympic-related events in India," it said.
    The body also urged all international sports federations not to hold events in India, or grant hosting rights to the country for future competitions, until the government had provided "clear written guarantees" to ensure access for all athletes.
    The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) last year laid out an ambitious roadmap to host the Youth Olympics in 2026, the Asian Games in 2030 and the Summer Olympics for the first time in 2032.
    "It's a big setback for sports in the country," IOA secretary general Rajeev Mehta told Reuters.
    "We've been in constant touch with the government, trying to explain to them and convince them to grant visas to the Pakistani shooters. This is really unfortunate."
    Last year, a boxer from Kosovo, which India does not recognize as an independent state, was denied visa for the women's world championships in New Delhi.
    Boxing's governing body AIBA criticized the decision and warned it might reopen the bidding process for the 2021 men's championship due to take place in India.
    "It's really unfortunate that it happened again," Mehta said.
    "I spoke to IOC officials last night and the impression I got is that there could be more trouble for us. We at IOA will discuss the crisis with the government and try to find a way out."

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/ioc-urges-ind...7733--oly.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

India is pressing for Pakistan to be kept on a terrorism financing watchlist following an attack in disputed Kashmir that was claimed by a Pakistan-based militant group, three Indian government officials said on Thursday.The Financial Action Task Force (FATF), a global body created to counter terrorism financing and money laundering, has been meeting in Paris this week and Pakistan has been hoping to get off a "grey list" of nations with inadequate controls over such activities.
    But two Indian government officials dealing with the issue said new information had been provided to the FATF relating to Pakistan after the car bombing last week in the Pulwama district of Kashmir in which 40 paramilitary police were killed.
    The Jaish-e-Mohammad claimed responsibility for the attack. A third Indian official said details relating to the militant group's operations were provided to the FATF.
    "It was a post-Pulwama brief," said one of the officials when asked about the information provided to the watchdog. The officials declined to be named as the talks were still underway in Paris
    Pakistan has been on the grey list since June, making it harder for it to access international markets at a time when its economy is stumbling. While there are no direct legal implications from being on the list, it brings extra scrutiny from regulators and financial institutions that can chill trade and investment and increase transaction costs, experts say.

The FATF said it would release the results of its review after a meeting of the group's decision-making body.
    "We will publish the outcomes from the meeting, including our updated statements identifying high-risk and other monitored jurisdictions, at the end of the meeting, on Friday afternoon," Alexandra Wijmenga-Daniel, FATF communications management advisor, said in an email.
    Over 800 officials from global multilateral bodies including the IMF, World Bank are in Paris for the six-day FATF gathering.
    The Indian finance ministry did not reply to a Reuters email seeking comments.
    But an official said India's case was that Pakistan had done very little to close down the financing streams of militant groups, despite making assurances to the watchdog.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/india-presses...140055189.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Indian authorities arrested dozens of Muslim leaders in raids across Kashmir and sent thousands of reinforcements to the troubled territory on Saturday as Prime Minister Narendra Modi stepped up warnings to Pakistan over a suicide bomb attack.
    As international concern grows over India-Pakistan sabre-rattling, residents of Kashmir, at the centre of a decades-old struggle between the nuclear-armed neighbours, reported heightened military activity.

About 10,000 paramilitaries started arriving in Kashmir on Saturday, a day after India ordered the reinforcements.
    Modi told a rally in Rajasthan state that the country was "angry" about the attack in the Pulwama district of Indian-held Kashmir.
    "After the Pulwama attack, you must have seen how Pakistan is being brought to account one step at a time. They are in a state of panic because of our government's decisions," Modi said, speaking in Hindi.
    "We will not sit quietly after taking this pain. We know how to crush terrorism," he added. "We have given full freedom to the military."
    Among those taken into custody in the crackdown in Kashmir were senior figures in Jamaat-e-Islami, the region's biggest religious organisation, and the Hurriyat Conference, a coalition of local political parties.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/india-detains...130426386.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12