Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Budget Deficit Swells to $898 Billion

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    cuz Trump is going to be PISSED when he finds out he was lied to and will not want to continue with this nonsense anymore.

He WILL reach a breaking point, hopefully sooner than later, and the fact that breaking point exists is the reason I've been willing to put up with this war crap.
    Well, I suppose that explains why the Trumpcuckers avoid the spending threads like the plague...

First, you took the thread off the topic of government spending to a topic (FP) where you thought you could have a better chance to defend the guy - only to finally say that, "yeah, FP sucks, too, but it's not his fault and when he finds out they're lying to him and reaches a breaking point, THEN, he will become a great leader!!"

So basically, you're willing to "put up with this war crap" and this spending crap and the exponential growth of government crap because... U haz the feelz??

Oh - and he's not Hillary.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Well, I suppose that explains why the Trumpcuckers avoid the spending threads like the plague...

First, you took the thread off the topic of government spending to a topic (FP) where you thought you could have a better chance to defend the guy - only to finally say that, "yeah, FP sucks, too, but it's not his fault and when he finds out they're lying to him and reaches a breaking point, THEN, he will become a great leader!!"

So basically, you're willing to "put up with this war crap" and this spending crap and the exponential growth of government crap because... U haz the feelz??

Oh - and he's not Hillary.
    No, putting up with it because he is making progress in other areas and also because he thinks the middle eastern wars were the biggest mistake our country ever made. The areas he is making progress in would be areas Hillary would be going in the opposite direction, and Hillary is very enthusiastic about Middle Eastern wars and govt. spending.

I'm really not sure what is so difficult to grasp here. These are not difficult concepts.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, putting up with it because he is making progress in other areas and also because he thinks the middle eastern wars were the biggest mistake our country ever made. The areas he is making progress in would be areas Hillary would be going in the opposite direction, and Hillary is very enthusiastic about Middle Eastern wars and govt. spending.

I'm really not sure what is so difficult to grasp here. These are not difficult concepts.
    Ugh... Nobody here likes Hillary. Try comparing Trump to Obama - maybe that'll help you?? Trump is spending faster, growing government faster and bombing more.

(at least with Obama - or Hillary for that matter - you had an opposition party. Now, it's no-holds-barred.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Has any other President had supporters that constantly say "Well hey, it'd be better than <opposition party from last election>"? Most of the defense of the Trump agenda is still "It's not Hillary" on this forum, facebook, other news sites. I'd assume half way through his term that the last election cycle shouldn't matter nearly as much as actual accomplishments in 2 years. I'm tired of hearing last election cycle's stump speech.

I didn't follow democrat forums so not sure Obama supporters weren't saying "Hey, at least it isn't Romney" so maybe this is common.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Ugh... Nobody here likes Hillary. Try comparing Trump to Obama - maybe that'll help you?? Trump is spending faster, growing government faster and bombing more.

(at least with Obama - or Hillary for that matter - you had an opposition party. Now, it's no-holds-barred.)
    Trump is a lot better than Obama, he has reversed part of Obamacare and reduced regulations significantly, put a lot of conservative judges into the courts, tax breaks, etc, etc..

Foreign policy is much better than Obama... even if he is bombing more, which is something that Soros people are parroting, then he is pushing to bomb ISIS which Obama was funding and growing in order to enact regime change. Trump is trying to take out ISIS, the group Obama funded and Trump is weary of regime change and more wars.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-21-2018 at 01:13 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Has any other President had supporters that constantly say "Well hey, it'd be better than <opposition party from last election>"? Most of the defense of the Trump agenda is still "It's not Hillary" on this forum, facebook, other news sites. I'd assume half way through his term that the last election cycle shouldn't matter nearly as much as actual accomplishments in 2 years. I'm tired of hearing last election cycle's stump speech.

I didn't follow democrat forums so not sure Obama supporters weren't saying "Hey, at least it isn't Romney" so maybe this is common.
    Fwiw, I'm convinced most of that stuff you're talking about with the constant "not Hillary" chorus is shill operations. Sure, there's genuine Trumpers out there but the constant "not Hillary" is too scripted to be genuine at this point. Even the dumbest person has to eventually get tired of repeating the same "not Hillary" posts over and over and stop from sheer exhaustion.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Fwiw, I'm convinced most of that stuff you're talking about with the constant "not Hillary" chorus is shill operations. Sure, there's genuine Trumpers out there but the constant "not Hillary" is too scripted to be genuine at this point. Even the dumbest person has to eventually get tired of repeating the same "not Hillary" posts over and over and stop from sheer exhaustion.
    Post of the day.

Yes, Trump isn't Hillary. He has, however, continued down the same road that Hillary would have: we've still got military actions in a dozen Middle Eastern countries, just as we would have had with Hillary. Spending is still increasing by massive amounts. And two years later, what progress has been made, other than Trump firing massive numbers of the staff he himself hired?

Ugh... bombing more.
    Trump hasn't had an intervention even close to scale of Libya. Trump's foreign policy is borderline good.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Post of the day.

Yes, Trump isn't Hillary. He has, however, continued down the same road that Hillary would have: we've still got military actions in a dozen Middle Eastern countries, just as we would have had with Hillary. Spending is still increasing by massive amounts. And two years later, what progress has been made, other than Trump firing massive numbers of the staff he himself hired?
    Tax cut
    Regulatory cuts Here is an article in IBD I saw a few weeks back. https://www.investors.com/politics/c...t-record-rate/
    And another recent one https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.25458cb25917

Good Supreme Court and packing the lower court picks
    And much less military involvement in Syria.

Trump isn't great. But you don't have to look hard to point out the good things that he has done.

The spending stuff is awful. Trump isn't a great President. But outside of Reagan, I don't think there is a modern President I have a strong preference to over Trump. I would probably vote for Trump over Romney and I didn't think Mittolini was the worst choice in the world. I definitely prefer Trump to W., Bush Sr, and Dole.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 09-22-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Trump's Middle East policy has been a continuation or expansion of what Obama doing with the big change being he doesn't care what his generals or the CIA do (he did go against Obama on Iran- cancelling the nuclear treaty while at the same time saying he wanted a nuclear treaty with Iran). Most of his other foreign policy has been restricted to photo-ops with little substance.

Congress determines spending and taxation though Trump does want more spending and government borrowing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12