Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Budget Deficit Swells to $898 Billion

US Budget Deficit Swells to $898 Billion

The U.S. budget deficit widened to $898 billion in the 11 months through August, exceeding the Congressional Budget Office’s forecast for the first full fiscal year under the Trump presidency.

The budget deficit rose by a third in the October to August period from $674 billion in the same timeframe a year earlier, the Treasury Department said in a statement on Thursday. Spending rose by 7 percent to $3.88 trillion, outpacing revenue gains of 1 percent to $2.99 trillion.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...pping-forecast

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “We’re going to spend so much, you’ll get tired of spending.”

Isn’t that what he promised?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

There he goes again making the deep state mad. You know the progressives are going to go ape with him spending money at the pace of Obama. And all that money and barely anything for the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    There he goes again making the deep state mad. You know the progressives are going to go ape with him spending money at the pace of Obama. And all that money and barely anything for the fence.
    Maybe the wall's to be constructed of IOUs.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    “We’re going to spend so much, you’ll get tired of spending.”

Isn’t that what he promised?

Another crushing blow against the deep state courtesy of the Donald. At this rate we'll be free in no time.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kcchiefs6465 again."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Any guess why the Trumpcuckers are always conspicuously absent from these types of threads??

Could it be that they want to bury the heads to the growing government when it's happening with the approval of their dear leader? That the soap opera, kabuki, political theater is just so entertaining to them that the ratings matter more to them than the fact of their children and grandchildren being sold into slavery?

Here's a few more:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Picks-Up-Speed
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...n-898B-Deficit
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-spending-bill

Oh yeah, those of us who pay attention to this are the ones suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any guess why the Trumpcuckers are always conspicuously absent from these types of threads??

Could it be that they want to bury the heads to the growing government when it's happening with the approval of their dear leader? That the soap opera, kabuki, political theater is just so entertaining to them that the ratings matter more to them than the fact of their children and grandchildren being sold into slavery?

Here's a few more:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Picks-Up-Speed
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...n-898B-Deficit
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-spending-bill

Oh yeah, those of us who pay attention to this are the ones suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is just a bull$#@! made up pejorative term that has no real usefulness or meaning. If they restricted it's application to those insane critics who make stupid claims like Trump being "complicit" in the carnage from hurricanes and such it might actually have some merit. Mostly however, especially around here, it gets used as a simple pejorative intended to derail any rational, thoughtful criticism of their orange hued hero. Whenever I see someone use it I know that their arguments are most probably the same weak overused crap that most Trump supporters are constantly regurgitating, and can be safely ignored.

As for the rest, I'm sure they'd rather that any rational, thoughtful criticism of Trump disappear down the memory hole as quickly as possible, so they just ignore those threads. Similar threads about Bush or Obama would gon on page after page, but we can't have their hero's armor being tarnished now, can we?
    Chris

This spending bill is ridiculous.

I mean, no wall? Seriously? SAD.

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Perfect. Saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

You have to wait for the 49D chess explanations to be generated and then allow time for their natural dissemination through the ranks of the Trumpkins. Once there are talking points to be parrotted, you can be sure that they will join the conversation.

Remember the last spending bills?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, no, what happened was they brought him the bill, he was like wtf is this $#@!, they were like "OH we need to pass this ASAP btw or the govt shuts down..." Then Trump says, "I'm not signing this crap, I heard on the news it included a tunnel from NY to NJ.." So he threatened to veto it, then they said, "Oh, you MUST sign it, it has all this great military stuff in it, don't you like the military? You don't want to shut down the military do you? Think about the vets!! You've gotta sign it!!!!"

Then Trump was probably like, "Alright, well I hope there is nothing else really egregious I should know about in there, is there?"

"Oh no, Mr. President, all completely normal stuff, we promise!!"

Of course Trump didn't have time to read it, but when he finds out they put this stink bomb in there, he will be way more pissed than he was about a tunnel from NY to NJ...
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I could probably find 10 threads in the last week or two that the deep state tools are all absent from where Trump did something or has had some positive impact on the country, if you want to start playing that game..

Then there are the threads like the one about Trump saying going into Iraq and the Middle East was the worst thing our country EVER did. EVER. Someone comes in and posts that bull$#@! article from politifact about Trump supporting the war in 2002, but it was on a Howard Stern interview and his answer was... wait for it.. "Yeah, I guess so.." Very unenthusiastic and lots of reservations. But guess what? That was before the Iraq war started, by the time they did send troops he was already against it. And he has been publicly opposed ever since.

Sorry if I prefer someone who actually has reservations about going to war and ultimately wants to scale back our war efforts hard .. compared to say, someone who enthusiastically cheers on all the wars and has no reservations. Why is that such a crime? And why do you celebrate being on the same side as a bunch of obvious establishment paid trolls?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Spending money is fine as long as it's being used for a good reason, like a wall
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I could probably find 10 threads in the last week or two that the deep state tools are all absent from where Trump did something or has had some positive impact on the country, if you want to start playing that game..

Then there are the threads like the one about Trump saying going into Iraq and the Middle East was the worst thing our country EVER did. EVER. Someone comes in and posts that bull$#@! article from politifact about Trump supporting the war in 2002, but it was on a Howard Stern interview and his answer was... wait for it.. "Yeah, I guess so.." Very unenthusiastic and lots of reservations. But guess what? That was before the Iraq war started, by the time they did send troops he was already against it. And he has been publicly opposed ever since.

Sorry if I prefer someone who actually has reservations about going to war and ultimately wants to scale back our war efforts hard .. compared to say, someone who enthusiastically cheers on all the wars and has no reservations. Why is that such a crime? And why do you celebrate being on the same side as a bunch of obvious establishment paid trolls?
    I think the main difference is that you get caught up in the shyte he "says" rather than the shyte he "does". I give him all sorts of credit on shrinking some parts of the regulatory state, but give him heck for increasing others. In total, despite the words that he uses, the government is growing faster than ever before. Why is it so hard to acknowledge that??? Even in foreign policy, the guy is authorizing drone strikes at a rate that would make GWB blush.

I think the main difference is that you get caught up in the shyte he "says" rather than the shyte he "does". I give him all sorts of credit on shrinking some parts of the regulatory state, but give him heck for increasing others. In total, despite the words that he uses, the government is growing faster than ever before. Why is it so hard to acknowledge that??? Even in foreign policy, the guy is authorizing drone strikes at a rate that would make GWB blush.
    What he is doing is completely different from what past Presidents have been doing with foreign policy. In fact, he is doing the opposite.

I would prefer to forget about it and just bring the troops home.

But Trump has actually almost completely gotten rid of ISIS.

Past Presidents funded the terrorists and were trying to take out Saddam, Assad, etc..

Trump is fighting the terrorists that we created and funded who then took over territories and are really bad and are murdering people for not being Muslim enough. Our country created the mess, Trump is cleaning it up.

Is it perfect? No. But it's still a million times better than Hillary. They have been going after ISIS, instead of funding ISIS to attack Assad, and they have actually been successful. That's better than attacking Assad's regime. And we have a President who has not started a new war and would be very weary to start a new war.

Trump went with the budget last time because he was promised border wall funding in the next bill. Now that he hasn't gotten what he was promised, what do you think is going to happen? Do you think he will trust them again after they lied to him, or do you think he is going to try something else?

You should be watching with popcorn, and just happy that Hillary didn't get elected. She would NOT be doing the same thing as Trump. At all.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What he is doing is... <At least he's not Hillary>
    Yeah, I get it. He's not Hillary. Would she have been worse? Probably - but at least there would have been an opposition party.

But is he worse than Obama? Well, he's dropping more bombs and spending even faster... So I guess it depends on what standard you're using.

Not to mention increased US troop levels in Syria and Afghanistan, and the first air strikes against the Syrian government (citing WMD bull$#@!).

But, this is okay, because...

What he is doing is completely different from what past Presidents have been doing...

Trump is fighting the terrorists...

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Not to mention increased US troop levels in Syria and Afghanistan, and the first air strikes against the Syrian government (citing WMD bull$#@!).

But, this is okay, because...

Would you prefer we continued to arm and fund the terrorists and go after the regimes?

Would you prefer we continued to arm and fund the terrorists and go after the regimes?
    No, I would prefer a change in foreign policy.

It may come one day.

No, I would prefer a change in foreign policy.

It may come one day.
    Attacking the terrorists, as opposed to arming the terrorists to help take out foreign leaders, sorry, but that is A MAJOR change in foreign policy for the better. That doesn't mean it is optimal, but it is still a million times better.

Attacking the terrorists, as opposed to arming the terrorists to help take out foreign leaders, sorry, but that is A MAJOR change in foreign policy for the better.
    That would be a major change. There's no reason to suppose it's occurred.

And anyway, you're only talking about Syria, I presume, where you believe this change has occured?

How about, say, Yemen? How many terrorists do you think we're creating there by helping to bomb that country back to the stone age?

Or you do think they'll greet our bombs as liberators?
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-20-2018 at 11:38 AM.

How about, say, Yemen? How many terrorists do you think we're creating their by helping to bomb that country back to the stone age?
    The trick is to bomb them sufficiently far into the stone age that they forget how to build explosives
    - Kim Kardashian

That would be a major change. There's no reason to suppose it's occurred.
    If it has, fine, if it hasn't, that's even better.. cuz Trump is going to be PISSED when he finds out he was lied to and will not want to continue with this nonsense anymore.

He WILL reach a breaking point, hopefully sooner than later, and the fact that breaking point exists is the reason I've been willing to put up with this war crap.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If it has, fine, if it hasn't, that's even better.. cuz Trump is going to be PISSED when he finds out he was lied to and will not want to continue with this nonsense anymore.

He WILL reach a breaking point, hopefully sooner than later, and the fact that breaking point exists is the reason I've been willing to put up with this war crap.

Trump blames Democrats for not funding his border wall when it is Republicans in control and writing the budgets.

No it isn't dumb, that's how people like Trump operate and it is good not to trust people who have lied to you such egregiously in the past.

No it isn't dumb, that's how people like Trump operate and it is good not to trust people who have lied to you such egregiously in the past.
    ...that one's too easy, I won't even say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump blames Democrats for not funding his border wall when it is Republicans in control and writing the budgets.

It's absolutely the Democrats fault. Any Republican that opposes the wall, is a Democrat, not a Republican
    - Kim Kardashian

I could probably find 10 threads in the last week or two that the deep state tools are all absent from where Trump did something or has had some positive impact on the country, if you want to start playing that game.
    Did something or announced that something will be done some time in the future?

Personally, I just assume that anything that is being pre-celebrated by Trumpkins will never actually come to pass.
    Pinochet is the model

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast