Thread: Texas Has a Voter Registration Problem

Texas Has a Voter Registration Problem

Former Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell, writing in the September 11 issue of American Thinker, detailed some alarming voter registration statistics, most involving Texas. Blackwell’s article, entitled “Houston, We Have a Problem,” noted: According to Votistics, data provided by the Texas secretary of state indicate that 104,800 people appear to be registered more than once. That is, the list contains thousands of name/date birth pairs. Of course, some cases could reflect unusual coincidences. But most are the same person.
    Additionally, according to Blackwell, Votistics found that 2,159 of these "voting pairs" appeared to have cast ballots in the same election.
    While Texas may not be as bad as Chicago, the old admonition to “Vote early — and often” frequently attributed to former Chicago Mayor William Hale Thompson may be alive and well in Texas. Blackwell continued, “Moreover, 45,854 registrants appeared to have voted more than once in at least one general election according to the records provided by the Texas State Board of Elections.... Texas also has a problem of the dead, or presumed dead, voting. For instance, Votistics discovered that more than 3,000 of those who cast ballots apparently were older than the world's oldest known person.”
    If dead people can vote in Chicago, why not in Texas? Blackwell also noted, “The American Civil Rights Union (ACRU) has been reviewing the role of inaccurate registration lists across the country. In Texas, 39 counties have more people registered than the number eligible to vote.”

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/cultu...-make-it-worse
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How hard was it to get the data?

Voting is our most sacred institution. The foundation upon this country was built.

Illegal voting is treason and should be punishable by death.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

All people should be registered once. People should be not affiliated with any particular party. People should be able to vote in any primary or any election. Vote for or against the person not a party.

I could be wrong but if I am a registered Republican I don't think I can vote in a democrat primary. Why not? If I am going to get stuck with someone from a different party, can I not have some say in who that person is?

The two party system is totally broken. This is so obvious in this day by the partisan politics displayed. Everyone should run as independent and get elected based on their convictions. The biggest problem we have in Washington today is partisan politics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Illegal voting ... should be punishable by death.
    ^^^THIS^^^
    In all seriousness.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Voting is our most sacred institution. The foundation upon this country was built.

Illegal voting is treason and should be punishable by death.
    + rep

Phew! I thought you were gonna say:

"We should first lesson the harm done to individuals by groups of idiot voters, because we don't want to give government anymore freaking power, you piece of 3 x 5 crap, WTF is your obsession with fear and government response, you coward, you pathetic coward?"
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Most states have out of date voter registration rolls. People move and register to vote in their new precinct (which could be in the same or a different state) and their name is not removed at their old one. Voila! They are now registered more than once. Is that voter fraud? Are they going to vote in both places? People also die and their names are not removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Most states have out of date voter registration rolls. People move and register to vote in their new precinct (which could be in the same or a different state) and their name is not removed at their old one. Voila! They are now registered more than once. Is that voter fraud? Are they going to vote in both places? People also die and their names are not removed.
    Even if the individual doesn't vote multiple times someone can pretend to be them to vote illegally:

Votistics found that 2,159 of these "voting pairs" appeared to have cast ballots in the same election.
    “Moreover, 45,854 registrants appeared to have voted more than once in at least one general election according to the records provided by the Texas State Board of Elections.... Texas also has a problem of the dead, or presumed dead, voting. For instance, Votistics discovered that more than 3,000 of those who cast ballots apparently were older than the world's oldest known person.”

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't find any information about "Votistics" on the net. Kind of puzzling that the primary source for the OP's article is an internet ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Even if the individual doesn't vote multiple times someone can pretend to be them to vote illegally:
    They would need to know their address and precinct location as well as know if that person was even registered and not going to turn up at that location (or vote absentee). You can't just walk up and ask who hasn't voted and say "Oh, yeah! That's me!"

In Texas you are required to present one of the following when you vote:

Here is a list of the acceptable forms of photo ID:

Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
    Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
    Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
    Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
    United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
    United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
    United States Passport (book or card)
    https://www.votetexas.gov/register-to-vote/need-id.html

In the County I grew up in the County Clerk removed the deceased .
    Do something Danke

They would need to know their address and precinct location as well as know if that person was even registered and not going to turn up at that location (or vote absentee). You can't just walk up and ask who hasn't voted and say "Oh, yeah! That's me!"
    There are ways of getting the necessary information ahead of time.

Now that the law has been upheld, and it also allows people to swear that they "have a reasonable impediment" to getting any of those and vote anyway.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Following the rules is different from having rules.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    All people should be registered once. People should be not affiliated with any particular party. People should be able to vote in any primary or any election. Vote for or against the person not a party.

I could be wrong but if I am a registered Republican I don't think I can vote in a democrat primary. Why not? If I am going to get stuck with someone from a different party, can I not have some say in who that person is?

The two party system is totally broken. This is so obvious in this day by the partisan politics displayed. Everyone should run as independent and get elected based on their convictions. The biggest problem we have in Washington today is partisan politics.
    The primaries are private companies, I thought that's how they only allow a designated member to vote on them. Although often real issues are also put on the primaries so that seems odd.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq