Thread: Feminists Rage Over Latest Injustice: Sexist iPhones

Feminists Rage Over Latest Injustice: Sexist iPhones

Feminists are spitting mad after Apple sexistly created an iPhone that was too large for tiny female hands, which are one inch smaller than the average man's hand according to a 2015 study.

Lodging complaints against the new iPhone XS which surely won't diminish cases of actual sexism, women such as University of North Carolina professor Zeynep Tufecki tweeted: "Women like me with small hands who need the most secure phone for safety reasons are stuck with something they can’t hold and constantly risk dropping."
    "Welcome to the big screens" says Apple and women like me with small hands who need the most secure phone for safety reasons are stuck with something they can't hold and constantly risk dropping. Company that designs $5 billion headquarters without a childcare center for the win. pic.twitter.com/Owzy51RsrH
    — zeynep tufekci (@zeynep) September 13, 2018
    I can’t grow my hands any bigger. Please make a smaller #iPhone @Apple https://t.co/3K4jBF0FN4
    — Annie Studer (@StuderAnnie) September 13, 2018
    UK journalist Caroline Criado Perez also bemoaned the giant phones - telling The Telegraph that she incurred a repetitive strain injury after using the iPhone six, with its 4.7" wide screen, because it was simply too large. Her symptoms abated when she switched to the smaller, daintier iPhone SE with its 4" screen.
    "I have to make a choice between making an upgrade to the only phone that fits my hand before they discontinue it — soon there will be no iPhone that fits the average woman’s hand sizeeven though the technology is two years out of date," Criado Perez said.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...sexist-iphones
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

37 minutes ago

Geez, what about the disabled?
    As in the people whose vision is so poor they need gigantic screens with the icons scaled up till they're the size of quarters--legally blind people.
    Don't these leftists care about the disabled? Isn't that able-ist?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Well, at least I didn't see any quotes about making a law..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

All they have to do is hold it like a slice of bread while applying meats and cheeses to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Why do women need mobile phones. Home phones work perfectly well for them.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Apple dropped a ball on this one. Apple watches come in two sizes. Why not iPhones?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Apple dropped a ball on this one. Apple watches come in two sizes. Why not iPhones?
    Making a different size phone for women would be sexist.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Making a different size phone for women would be sexist.

Sexist if you do. Sexist if you don't.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Sexist if you do. Sexist if you don't.
    Unless you are a woman or LGBTWXYZ.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I guess all those tablets are too big too?

If a device can Skype, it also can be a phone.
    Does size matter? If DJT now holds the bigger model
    in his hand, does this shoot down the "small hands" meme?
    Initially, all cell phones were the size of walkie talkies,
    Steve Jobs was brilliant in terms of design.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I guess all those tablets are too big too?
    There's the 8in iPad Mini - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad_Mini_4

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    New iPhones come in two sizes too.

I always thought they liked bigger...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

These feminists need to stfu.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Funny how that works