Thread: Ivanka Tells Daddy to Cut Kavanaugh loose; Trump uncertain about Kavanaugh's Bush Background

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Ivanka Tells Daddy to Cut Kavanaugh loose; Trump uncertain about Kavanaugh's Bush Background

According to Vanity Fair....

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...-trump-ivanka\

According to sources, several factors are at play. White House advisers are worried that more damaging information about Kavanaugh could come out. Two sources told me the White House has heard rumors that Ford’s account will be verified by women who say she told it to them contemporaneously. People worry, without apparent evidence, of another Ronan Farrow bomb dropping. One source says Ivanka Trump has told her father to “cut bait” and drop Kavanaugh.

Another reason Trump hasn’t gone to the mat for Kavanaugh is that he’s said to be suspicious of Kavanaugh’s establishment pedigree. “‘He’s a Bush guy, why would I put myself out there defending him?’” Trump told people, according to a former White House official briefed on the conversations. Trump also has expressed frustration with White House counsel Don McGahn, who aggressively lobbied for him to choose Kavanaugh, a source said. “Trump wants this guy on the court, but Trump knows there are five other people he could put on the court if this falls apart,” a former official said.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perhaps the plan was always to drop him to energize the base to vote in the midterms and then we will get someone better?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The Democrat plan is to delay this until after the elections, as they hope that it will energize their base, and if they take control of the Senate, they will choose the next Supreme.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Democrat plan is to delay this until after the elections, as they hope that it will energize their base, and if they take control of the Senate, they will choose the next Supreme.
    They need a better strategist.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    That is a terrible plan.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

‘He’s a Bush guy

And a Clinton clean up guy too, picks up Hillary's spent shell casings after she's done shooting Vince Foster, and stuff like that.

Another reason Trump hasn’t gone to the mat for Kavanaugh is that he’s said to be suspicious of Kavanaugh’s establishment pedigree. “‘He’s a Bush guy, why would I put myself out there defending him?’” Trump told people, according to a former White House official briefed on the conversations. Trump also has expressed frustration with White House counsel Don McGahn, who aggressively lobbied for him to choose Kavanaugh, a source said. “Trump wants this guy on the court, but Trump knows there are five other people he could put on the court if this falls apart,” a former official said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    It sounds almost counter intuitive like the democrats don't want to win. The talking points that they run on always increase Republican turnout. Their entire motive is to farm progressive voters for political contributions especially from vulnerable people because they can't fight back.

Perhaps the plan was always to drop him to energize the base to vote in the midterms and then we will get someone better?
    Was similar 5D Chess involved in case of GOP Senate seat in AL or there Ivanka-Trump took differing positions under some other strategy?

Donald Trump on Ivanka's Roy Moore response: 'Do you believe this?'
    November 25, 2017
    https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/20...uses_fric.html

In related news, there is no proof that GOP-Jarvanka wing is secretly siding with liberal Dem in Florida governor race.

Relational

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What happened to your speculation that Trump was becoming less controllable?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

said that when i saw him with turd blossom...a HARD PASS

ftw

put Lee in
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

That's a horrible strategy.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Is that Condoleezza Rice behind him?

Trump uncertain about Kavanaugh's Bush Background
    Didn't seem to bother him with this fellow