Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bert and Ernie? Yeah, they were gay...

Exclamation Bert and Ernie? Yeah, they were gay...

LOL

Turns out all those anti-Sesame Street cranks were right 50 years ago.

Too late now...weirdeosexual perversion is the new normal.

‘Sesame Street’ Writer: Bert & Ernie were Written as a Gay ‘Loving Couple’

https://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...loving-couple/

18 Sep 2018445

Mark Saltzman, a longtime writer for the hit children’s television show Sesame Street, reveals characters Bert and Ernie are gay, ending years of speculation about the status of the duo’s relationship.

In a sit-down interview with Qu eerty, (oh for ffs RPF censors...that's the damn name of the rag) Saltzman revealed Bert and Ernie were based on his own relationship with Arnold Glassman, an award-winning documentary film editor.

“I remember one time a preschooler [in San Francisco] turned to her mum and asked, ‘are Bert and Ernie lovers?’ and that, coming from a preschooler, was fun,” the writer, who joined Sesame Street in 1984, told the same-sex lifestyle magazine.

“That got passed around, and everyone had their chuckle and went back to it,” he added.”And I always felt that without a huge agenda, when I was writing Bert and Ernie, they were. I didn’t have any other way to contextualise them.”

Saltzman claimed people close to him knew that the characters’ relationship was inspired by his relationship with Glassman and said he personally identified more with Ernie than Bert.

“I look more Bert-ish. And Arnie as a film editor — if you thought of Bert with a job in the world, wouldn’t that be perfect? Bert with his paperclips and organisation?” he said. “And I was the jokester. So, it was the Bert and Ernie relationship, and I was already with Arnie when I came to Sesame Street.”

“So I don’t think I’d know how else to write them, but as a loving couple. I wrote sketches… Arnie’s OCD would create friction with how chaotic I was. And that’s the Bert and Ernie dynamic,” he added.

The official Sesame Street Twitter account tweeted a statement Tuesday, saying while Bert and Ernie “are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and characteristics (as most Sesame Street Muppets do), they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation.”

@SesameWorkshop
    Please see our statement below regarding Bert and Ernie.
    2:26 PM - Sep 18, 2018

According to Pink News, the Sesame Street pair is widely viewed within the LGBT movement as “gay icons.”

Following the New York State Legislature’s passage of the Marriage Equality Act, a petition was launched calling for Bert and Ernie to be married.
    In response to the petition, Sesame Street claimed the pair were “created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves”

“Even though they are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and characteristics, they remain puppets and do not have a sexual orientation,” the statement continued.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear that the creator of Bert and Ernie disagrees.

Why in the hell are people trying to assign sexual preferences to pre-pubescent children?

I can't figure out how to embed his tweet...

It seems Mr. Mark Saltzman was asked if Bert & Ernie are gay. It's fine that he feels they are. They're not, of course. But why that question? Does it really matter? Why the need to define people as only gay? There's much more to a human being than just straightness or gayness.
    - Frank Oz
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 09-18-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Who the fk cares?

The show has puppets - aside from Guy Smiley, I dont think any of them even remotely resemble human.

I'd be more concerned about every other show now, where the token tranny, interracially gay couple, is likely to create more concern and confusion and concern amongst children. I explain to my children that although its that man's right to dress like a woman, its not his right to be accepted as normal. I would never condone violence, and I would ask my children to refrain from all out laughter.

You want big hairy t!ts, that's your business, not mine - dont make it my business and we'll be just fine.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Frank Oz is getting attacked now. It's funny (or not funny) how they attack him the creator for saying they are not gay in response to someone who suddenly stated they are.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Frank Oz is getting attacked now. It's funny (or not funny) how they attack him the creator for saying they are not gay in response to someone who suddenly stated they are.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

After Saltzman’s interview went viral, Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit organization behind the show, issued a statement saying that Bert and Ernie “do not have a sexual orientation.” It was retweeted soon after that under the show’s Twitter handle.
    Please see our statement below regarding Bert and Ernie. pic.twitter.com/6r2j0XrKYu
    — Sesame Workshop (@SesameWorkshop) September 18, 2018

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...194918716.html

How long until the left turns against Sesame Street? I can already hear AntiFa pointing out that its initials are SS.

Very soon the left will shatter into a thousand pieces and hopefully be scattered to the winds.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How about the sesame street version the tax payers are paying for in pakistan ? they changed some of the characters but I doubt they would throw in any weirdos for the muslims .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pampers, one of the nation’s top-selling diaper brands, has quietly decided to drop Sesame Street characters from its design in order to make the diapers more “inclusive,” the New York Post reports.
    The move was not made public, but Pampers is reportedly embarking on a “gender equality” effort that apparently requires the company to refrain from using beloved children’s characters Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, Cookie Monster, and Elmo on its diapers amid concerns that the characters are male. The new diapers have a far more generic look and feature innocuous designs like airplanes and cameras.

When parents reached out to Proctor & Gamble (P&G), Pampers’ parent company, to inquire about the removal of Sesame Street characters from the diapers, service representatives admitted that the change was made because of gender concerns.
    “The Pampers rep said … parents who have daughters thought that the ‘Sesame Street’ characters are too masculine,” customer Susie Wong-Benjamin told the Post.
    Beatrice Chow, a Sesame Street spokesperson, appears to have not only substantiated the claim, but revealed that Sesame Street is a willing participant in the changes to the design. Chow sent the Post a year-old press release entitled “P&G and Sesame Street partner to promote gender equality,” which highlighted the female character Chamki, “a vibrant, 5-year-old Muppet” who is featured in the Indian version of “Sesame Street.”
    “We look forward to deepening our partnership with P&G on all fronts in the future,” Chow told the Post.

According to the Post, there does not appear to be public record of complaints from parents about gender representation in the diapers’ design. When asked directly whether parents complained about a lack of female representation on the old design, a Pampers spokeswoman reportedly tried to dodge the question before responding “No” and providing a more generic response.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/cultu...ender-concerns

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Since Henson and Oz both gave them life and say they were not gay....who do we believe.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Last edited by Danke; 09-19-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Burt and Ernie have a right to identify how they wish. And isn't it poor manners to "out" someone without their consent? Obviously their employers had no idea and then comes along this co-working writer and forces them out of the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Since Henson and Oz both gave them life and say they were not gay....who do we believe.
    Maybe the water turned them gay.

I used to think they were brothers plus I never got any sexual vibes from them. Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I used to think they were brothers
    They do kinda have a Chuck/Jimmy vibe to them.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I propose we take every person who is seriously concerned about the sexuality of puppets and throw them out of helicopters.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    I wonder if these guys will be the next to be gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I wonder if these guys will be the next to be gay.
    ... now that WOULD be odd.

The list could start growing exponentially.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

So, two guys = gay, now?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I remember one time a preschooler [in San Francisco] turned to her mum and asked, ‘are Bert and Ernie lovers?’ and that, coming from a preschooler, was fun,” the writer, who joined Sesame Street in 1984, told the same-sex lifestyle magazine.
    Jesus $#@!ing Christ. That is disgusting.

I guess my parents knew what they were doing. I never watched anything on PBS growing up.

And the PBS statement is just as insane. The puppets "identify as male". Who talks like this?
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 09-19-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post

According to The Lego Batman Movie, Robin is gay, but not Batman.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Sesame Street’ writer backtracks on claim that Bert and Ernie are gay

“Sesame Street” writer Mark Saltzman says his comments that he wrote Bert and Ernie as a gay couple based on his own same-sex relationship were misinterpreted.

“As a writer, you just bring what you know into your work,” he told the New York Times on Tuesday. “Somehow, in the uproar, that turned into Bert and Ernie being gay. There is a difference.”

I've heard people say for years that they were a gay couple. I never really cared because I never watched Sesame Street.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

HB is disappoint.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast