Thread: "Unprecedented" Government Spending Spree Picks Up Speed

"Unprecedented" Government Spending Spree Picks Up Speed

https://www.nextgov.com/cio-briefing...-speed/151347/

“It is not impossible for this to happen, but it is unprecedented for that high of a percentage to be obligated to contracts for a fiscal quarter,” David Berteau, president of the Professional Services Council, told Nextgov. “You’d have to spend almost 50 percent of the yearly total in three months.”

And yet the federal government may do just that.
    It's like "Brewster's Millions - Government Edition". How fast can you spend it and how nothing to show for it??!! Challenge accepted! #MAGA

So glad we have the GOP running all 3 branches of government.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    https://www.nextgov.com/cio-briefing...-speed/151347/

It's like "Brewster's Millions - Government Edition". How fast can you spend it and how nothing to show for it??!! Challenge accepted! #MAGA

So glad we have the GOP running all 3 branches of government.
    But Gorsuch!
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

It's not really all that unprecedented.

They do it every year.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Hillary would be worse.

It's all part of Trump's Genius 46D Chess Master Plan (TM).

The deep state made him do it.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Hillary would be worse.

It's all part of Trump's Genius 46D Chess Master Plan (TM).

The deep state made him do it.
    Like I said, "Brewster's Millions".

We're going to spend so much, you're going to be sick of spending! Genius!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I was told that the republicans were going to cut spending.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge