Thread: Coca-Cola Looking To Produce Pot-Infused Drinks

Coca-Cola Looking To Produce Pot-Infused Drinks

Coca-Cola, which started out in 1886 offering a cocaine-infused tonic for medicinal purposes, may become the latest major brand to enter the marijuana market, after Bloomberg reports that the Atlanta-based company has been monitoring the cannabis industry for potential partnerships.

In particular, the company is said to be looking at drinks infused with CBD - the non-psychoactive cannabis compound that treats everything from pain and inflammation to epilepsy, but doesn't get you stoned.
    The Atlanta-based soft drinks maker is in talks with Canadian marijuana producer Aurora Cannabis to develop the beverages, according to a report from BNN Bloomberg Television. -Bloomberg
    "We are closely watching the growth of non-psychoactive CBD as an ingredient in functional wellness beverages around the world," said Coca-Cola spokesman Kent Landers. "The space is evolving quickly. No decisions have been made at this time."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...infused-drinks
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been drinking Coke Life on the weekends with Jack Daniels whiskey. Coke Life is sweetened with pure cane sugar and stevia. I would actually put less pure cane sugar and more stevia in it if I could, but it's really nice being able to have a Jack n coke without consuming 40 grams of sugar.

I'd been wishing they made a product like that for about ten years so I was really happy when they actually released it.

I don't find any bitter after taste that some people complain about with stevia whenever I use it in the proper amount, or whenever I use small amounts in concert with sugar.

They should definetely add CBD to Coke Life, or maybe Coke Life^2 (squared) with less sugar and more stevia than Coke Life with some CBD. It would make a great product.

Last edited by dannno; 09-17-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Are The Donald & Teresa May in the early testing phase? That could explain their policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Get back to me when they start making the original recipe again.

If the purpose of the CBD is for medicinal value, no need to put it in a soft drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Get back to me when they start making the original recipe again.
    Hence the name.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    If the purpose of the CBD is for medicinal value, no need to put it in a soft drink.
    Why not? They put a lot of crap that is bad for you in soft drinks, why not something good for you?
    Last edited by dannno; 09-19-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Heard about this on the radio this morning. Might have to start drinking coke again.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Coke-Cola coming soon?

CBD is nearly miraculous,,,

Natures Aspirin.

The plant is a Gift from God.. and health overall would be improved if it was back in the Food Chain.

and Coca-Cola is my Brand. Been a running fuel for years.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why not? They put a lot of crap that is bad for you in sot drinks, why not something good for you?
    Do you think a person that does Cocaine daily so lets call them an addict gets off on a small line of cocaine? Do you think a heroin addict even gets off on heroin? Do addicts take their drugs just to function normally and after the drug starts to wear off they feel miserable and sick? I have seen heroin addicts after their fix and you wouldn't even know they are high but you would notice if they were off their drug of choice.

I am of the opinion that almost anything we put into our body causes a reaction in our body. If antibiotics are over used they become no longer effective. Kill roaches with xyz and soon xyz no longer kills roaches.

If I need or want CBD as a cure for an ailment, I do not want my body already tolerant to it.

Danno, you smoke plenty of weed. There is no doubt that you smoke way more than I do. Why? I can take the smallest amount of weed and vape it or put it in a one hitter and get high. At one time when I was young I smoked ounces a week. Now one or two hits is all I want or need. I don't smoke every 20 minutes. I have worked with guys hitting their pipe all day long. No criticism just matter of fact. I would want to save my CBD for an actual purpose and not have it incorporated into a soda drink.

I feel the same way about vitamins and supplements. Unless I am deficient in some vitamin, why take it? People might take something to boost their immune system. Does it really do that? I have seen firsthand people living in third world countries in poverty eating rotten meat and living in filth. These people appear to be healthy and fine. I would bet that the person that is always washing their hands has a lower immunity than a person that only washes their hands when they eat or before they touch their eyes, nose, or mouth.

I don't drink soda so the only reason I think it is a bad idea is for people that could benefit from CBD. As you mentioned, there is a lot of crap already in the soft drink. Why would a person that wants CBD want to drink all that crap? Why would a person that does not need CBD want it added to their drink? Do you want fluoride in your water?

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Schifference; 09-19-2018 at 03:58 AM.

Do you think a person that does Cocaine daily so lets call them an addict gets off on a small line of cocaine? Do you think a heroin addict even gets off on heroin? Do addicts take their drugs just to function normally and after the drug starts to wear off they feel miserable and sick? I have seen heroin addicts after their fix and you wouldn't even know they are high but you would notice if they were off their drug of choice.

I am of the opinion that almost anything we put into our body causes a reaction in our body. If antibiotics are over used they become no longer effective. Kill roaches with xyz and soon xyz no longer kills roaches.

If I need or want CBD as a cure for an ailment, I do not want my body already tolerant to it.

Danno, you smoke plenty of weed. There is no doubt that you smoke way more than I do. Why? I can take the smallest amount of weed and vape it or put it in a one hitter and get high. At one time when I was young I smoked ounces a week. Now one or two hits is all I want or need. I don't smoke every 20 minutes. I have worked with guys hitting their pipe all day long. No criticism just matter of fact. I would want to save my CBD for an actual purpose and not have it incorporated into a soda drink.

I feel the same way about vitamins and supplements. Unless I am deficient in some vitamin, why take it? People might take something to boost their immune system. Does it really do that? I have seen firsthand people living in third world countries in poverty eating rotten meat and living in filth. These people appear to be healthy and fine. I would bet that the person that is always washing their hands has a lower immunity than a person that only washes their hands when they eat or before they touch their eyes, nose, or mouth.

I don't drink soda so the only reason I think it is a bad idea is for people that could benefit from CBD. As you mentioned, there is a lot of crap already in the soft drink. Why would a person that wants CBD want to drink all that crap? Why would a person that does not need CBD want it added to their drink? Do you want fluoride in your water?

Just my opinion.

CBD isn't THC, it doesn't even really get you "high". It is good for you. Your body already makes it, and most people could use more.

You should probably research what CBD is and how it works. By ingesting more, all that happens is that your body is better able to deliver vital messages in order to regulate various functions. It helps to create a proper balance because more messages are getting through. Nearly all of the messaging that occurs in your body, for example your metabolism, works by communicating through the endo-cannabinoid system. Studies show CBD helps people increase their metabolism by 20% and reduces their insulin resistance by 20%. This is because your body gets a message to produce insulin, and it goes overboard.. The CBD helps communicate that message that your metabolic system is going overboard, hence slowing down the production of insulin so you don't get the big spikes. Same thing with inflammation, it helps keep our body from becoming too inflamed which is a problem many people have even though inflammation is a natural function. It also regulates pain in a similar way, and many other things.

It's sort of like injecting the free market with capital - not fake capital like what big pharma dishes out, but real capital. The free market provides the regulation we need.

Also you are wrong about how much herb I need to smoke.. I've been stoned for decades, but like you I can take a small hit and be just fine. My tolerance is about the same as it was when I started.

I'm not saying they need to put CBD in all of their products, but it would improve the health and wellness of the population if they made a product available for people. And why not??? We make alcoholic drinks, we make coffee, why not a CBD product?
    Last edited by dannno; 09-19-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Just my opinion.
    But what is that opinion based on?? Serious question.

A lot of people seem to have strong opinions based entirely on personal ignorance.

Do you Know anything about CBDs?
    Do you have any knowledge of the endocannabinoid system? (physical science)

Do you think you could argue intelligently with someone who is even slightly informed?

Do you think you can keep up with a mind who's synaptic response has been Increased?

this may help
    http://norml.org/library/item/introd...abinoid-system
    Last edited by pcosmar; 09-19-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

There are a lot of drinks with cannabis, I've read about 3 types at least on https://cannasos.com/. Besides coca-cola originally included drugs.

https://cannatechtoday.com/real-cannabis-beer/

Real Cannabis Beer Replaces Alcohol With THC
    Infusing beer with tasty flavors is nothing new in the world of brewing. But removing the alcohol and replacing it with THC? That development is credited to Keith Villa, inventor of Blue Moon Belgian White Ale and current brewmaster for CERIA Beverages. Villa will soon begin mass production of his newest creation, a line of cannabis-infused beers with all the psychoactive effects of THC.

Until recently, brewers were infusing beer with terpenes from cannabis, offering the smell and taste of certain strains without the psychoactive effects. Now, Villa is scrapping the alcohol for pure THC. Federal law does not allow brewers to integrate THC into their beers. However, by omitting alcohol from his brews Villa is able to avoid the federal regulations and offer a mind-altering beverage that mimics the effects of THC inhalation.

Villa isn’t the first brewer to consider adding cannabis to its cocktails. Several other brewing companies have been introducing cannabis to their products, often infusing their beers with aromatic oils derived from varieties of the hemp plant. The beers are brewed with hemp hearts and terpenes, which only affect the flavor profile of the beer and do not contain any psychoactive compounds. Some brewers are even including the non-regulated cannabinoid CBD in their beers to enhance the flavor and provide pain-relief to consumers. Villa’s products will contain active THC compound, creating a unique and flavorful beer only available in legalized states.