Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread: 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I generally root against the ravens so I will continue that .
    I generally don't think about the Ravens. And unless Seattle pulls off the upset at home, I probably won't start.

Eagles starting to look in control now , leading 20 - 13 after trailing 10 - 6 .
    Philly wants the East real bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You'll be wanting to root against the Ravens and Colts. They'd both have to lose a game; their records overall are the same, but the Ravens and Colts have more wins within the AFC. If all those three lose a game, Miami could be back in it.
    Definitely. I don’t have bad will toward either team, but I want our Titans to do well. Remember last year when Mariota caught his own pass?

Actually the Titans play the Colts in two weeks. Redskins next week.
    Last edited by euphemia; 12-16-2018 at 09:26 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I dunno what that Rams 3rd and 1 play was , QB falls down , gets up throws a pick , but they might want to scrap that from the playbook .......
    Do something Danke

Rams down 17 rolling out the fake punt , Johnny Hecker pass .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Definitely. I don’t have bad will toward either team, but I want our Titans to do well. Remember last year when Mariota caught his own pass?
    That was hilarious! Sorry they threw a flag. I wonder what would happen if a team tried to declare the quarterback an eligible receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Actually the Titans play the Colts in two weeks. Redskins next week.
    They do. If the Chargers beat the Ravens, that very game could decide who goes to the playoffs.

Don't expect oyarde to root against the Colts. But I'd be happy to.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Rams were 14 point favorites , looking like soon to be down by 24 .
    Do something Danke

That was hilarious! Sorry they threw a flag. I wonder what would happen if a team tried to declare the quarterback an eligible receiver?

They do. If the Chargers beat the Ravens, that very game could decide who goes to the playoffs.

Don't expect oyarde to root against the Colts. But I'd be happy to.
    Yeah , I am thinking that game will be just the first playoff game , a play in game so to speak .
    Do something Danke

Yeah , I am thinking that game will be just the first playoff game , a play in game so to speak .
    The Pick the Wildcard Round.

I'm still entertained that no AFC division is clinched, but two playoff spots are. The West is certainly The AFC Division.

Fifth seed my ass. They ought to give first round bye and home field to two West teams this year.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-16-2018 at 10:01 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rams down two TD's , 6 1/2 to play , they have two timeouts . Personally , I have seen nothing to make me think they can recover from that third quarter .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-16-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    Do something Danke

The Pick the Wildcard Round.

I'm still entertained that no AFC division is clinched, but two playoff spots are. The West is certainly The AFC Division.

Fifth seed my ass. They ought to give first round bye and home field to two West teams this year.
    Yeah seedings could just go by overall record with division record and head to head as tiebreakers .
    Do something Danke

Philly will have the ball just under 4 minutes , a FG or a few first downs would put this away .
    Do something Danke

LOL , so the eagles come up with two penalties and a punt , then recover the fumbled punt . Ya , Saints look like clear favorites in the NFC now .
    Do something Danke

I think the Panthers need to try and stretch the field and get some big plays from the WR's tonight .
    Do something Danke

Saints avg 34 points per game and Panthers avg 24 per game , Saints are 7 point favorites and the over is 51 .
    Do something Danke

Brees has thrown only four interceptions all season and lost one fumble so I do not think the Panthers can expect to get turnovers . They will have to generate offense .
    Do something Danke

I need the Colts to win, Ravens to lose, and Titans to lose.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Saints avg 34 points per game and Panthers avg 24 per game , Saints are 7 point favorites and the over is 51 .
    Panthers fans are really pumped up. I don't think the Panthers will pull it off. On the plus side it is a home game. Probably a good game to watch. I will record.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Panthers fans are really pumped up. I don't think the Panthers will pull it off. On the plus side it is a home game. Probably a good game to watch. I will record.
    Is is storming there or something ? Why would the over be so low ? Should be more like 59 or something .
    Do something Danke

Nick Foles be like "Honey cancel our winter vacation. I have a team to take to the SB again."
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Panthers no first half penalties . Cam has not lost a fumble this season it looks like .
    Do something Danke

Terrible weekend for Dallas fans...

Looks like Vegas had this , at this point I do not expect the Over to exceed 43 .
    Do something Danke

If the Vikings win the next two as I expect and the defense continues to play as well as they have in the past few weeks we will see . Obviously Rams and Saints played best football in first half of season . Saints cannot get WR production suddenly ( also a Panther problem ) .
    Do something Danke

What happened with the Saints high scoring offense which averages 34 points a game? Three weeks in a row they have scored six or fewer points in the first half. Zero vs Dallas (losing 13- 10), three vs Tampa Bay (the Saints did come back to win that one 28- 14) and six this week (trailing Carolina 7-6 after three quarters).

Saints get the lead with a 4th quarter TD. Go for two but it is intercepted and returned by the Panthers for two. Lead 12-9 instead of 14-7.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-17-2018 at 09:45 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Panthers at midfield with 10 to play , trail by 3 .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What happened with the Saints high scoring offense which averages 34 points a game? Three weeks in a row they have scored six or fewer points in the first half. Zero vs Dallas (losing 13- 10), three vs Tampa Bay (the Saints did come back to win that one 28- 14) and six this week (trailing Carolina 7-6 after three quarters).

Saints get the lead with a 4th quarter TD. Go for two but it is intercepted and returned by the Panthers for two. Lead 12-9 instead of 14-7.
    Looks like it's heading to OT....

P.S. Nevermind, I read the play-by-play wrong, Saints are about to win (barely).

As for the underlined, that would be tenacious D.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 12-17-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Panthers got one more shot. Saints on the one yardline but fumble the ball into the endzone and out of bounds. About a minute and a half to go 80 yards. FG needed to tie. No time outs left. But stopped on their own 39 yardline. Saints win.

Both those defenses played very well tonight . The offenses should be working at a car wash or something on day off for punishment .
    Do something Danke

Both those defenses played very well tonight . The offenses should be working at a car wash or something on day off for punishment .
    I'd rather watch the cheerleading squads perform that penance.

Is is storming there or something ? Why would the over be so low ? Should be more like 59 or something .
    Fog I think. No rain overnight. I watched the highlights on my phone at work. Cam screwed the pooch with that end zone interception right before half. They are out of the running. Cam is going to have to work on his long game. He can't just rely on the short. I fear with his shoulder injury he may never get it back. Might be time to go on a QB hunt for the Panthers.

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast