Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread: 2018-19

I just think its funny how the Chargers are 10-3 but nobody seems to care. They probably like it that way. Probably don't want all that attention.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    They probably like it that way.
    Don't count on it. They are a team in search of a fan base. And they'd be building one, if that other L.A. team weren't (1) a team with L.A. history, and (2) squarely atop the NFC.

The AFC Championship game this season stands an excellent chance if being the AFC West Championship Game. Yes, the AFC West Champions will already have been named by then; actually this game Thursday night will almost certainly be for the AFC West. Even so...

On further reflection, the Burros--er, I mean Broncos beat the Chargers. So the only way the Chargers can take the West is if the Chiefs lose to them and one other team.

The Chargers would want to win out, even if the Chiefs do lose to them and one other team. Any other Chargers loss this season would throw the Chiefs another tiebreaker.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-09-2018 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Bears open as 5 1/2 point favorites next week at home against the packers . To cover that they would need to play better than today .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Bears open as 5 1/2 point favorites next week at home against the packers . To cover that they would need to play better than today .
    Why? What can the Packers do that the Rams didn't?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Why? What can the Packers do that the Rams didn't?
    Rogers will produce more big plays I think . Probably will not throw four picks and will account for more than the 15 points the bears scored tonight.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-09-2018 at 10:59 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Don't count on it. They are a team in search of a fan base. And they'd be building one, if that other L.A. team weren't (1) a team with L.A. history, and (2) squarely atop the NFC.

The AFC Championship game this season stands an excellent chance if being the AFC West Championship Game. Yes, the AFC West Champions will already have been named by then; actually this game Thursday night will almost certainly be for the AFC West. Even so...

On further reflection, the Burros--er, I mean Broncos beat the Chargers. So the only way the Chargers can take the West is if the Chiefs lose to them and one other team.

The Chargers would want to win out, even if the Chiefs do lose to them and one other team. Any other Chargers loss this season would throw the Chiefs another tiebreaker.
    If the Chargers win Thursday the teams would have split head to head competition. Chief would have the next tie breaker- wins in the division. Chargers have losses to Denver and the Chiefs while the Chief would have one to the Chargers.

Remaining games:

Chargers: Chiefs, Ravens, and the up and down Broncos

Chiefs: Chargers, Seahawks, and Raiders (who upset the Steelers this week)

A Charger's win clinches a playoff spot for them. Chiefs win should clinch the division for them- two game lead plus tie breakers with two games remaining. Chiefs beat the Chargers in the season opener 38- 28 and Chargers have lost their last nine meetings.

I am probably gonna have to take the Chargers against the spread because it seems ridiculous for a team to beat a division team ten times in a row .
    Do something Danke

I am probably gonna have to take the Chargers against the spread because it seems ridiculous for a team to beat a division team ten times in a row .
    Don't do it.

It was just as ridiculous the ninth time in a row. And look what happened.

Besides, the Chiefs are getting Eric Berry back.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Either way, it should be a good game.

loveshiscountry

Respect the streak.

Seeing the Bears in first place in their division is so weird. Usually they're the Cleveland Browns of their division.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Seeing the Bears in first place in their division is so weird. Usually they're the Cleveland Browns of their division.
    This is the first season for them with 9 wins since Lovie Smiths last season ( 2012 )
    Do something Danke

Matt Nagy.

The Chiefs are getting along without him. But he clearly learned stuff from Andy Reid.

First 9 minutes , Vikings 36 yards on two possessions , Seahawks 9 yards on one possession .
    Do something Danke

Vikings offense lack of performance in the first half is an embarrassment . Trail 3 - 0 .
    Do something Danke

With 13 1/2 to play Seachickens get a little help with a bad call on an uncatchable ball and lead 6 - 0 . Still no sign of Vikings offense .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Catch 100 of the season tonight for Adam Thielen .
    Do something Danke

Bad , very Bad . First and goal on the four , run the ball four times and score or run three times and kick . No need for a couple of incompletions.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-11-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    Do something Danke

Vikings at Seattle 41 , 8 1/2 to play , trail by 6 .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-10-2018 at 09:53 PM.
    Do something Danke

Well , I will guess the Seahawks and Vikings will beat nobody on the road in the playoffs so all the NFC hometeams look safe . Chicago is not going to beat a road playoff team , the east is awful so we are looking at New Orleans - Rams likely and Charger - Chiefs look to be the two to beat in the AFC .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-11-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    Do something Danke

Vikings fire offensive coord six hour after returning to Minnesota . Play calling was not exactly great last night but the offensive line has to execute on 3rd and 1 running plays and could not which might explain some of the bad play calling . Play calling has nothing to do with the QB not seeing open receivers , O line not making blocks . I wish the young man luck . 17 points scored in last two games is awful , QB has not been good , O line has not been good inside . The skills players are there . Vikings now have an Ivy league QB calling plays . The real mistake they made on the road against quality opponents these past two weeks was not going no huddle early and just staying with it . When Cousins is out of sync it is the only thing that gets him going . New Off Coord is not going to fix the Vikings but Zimmer should have someone calling a game the way he likes it , Cousins could fix it but you have to make him .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-11-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I just think its funny how the Chargers are 10-3 but nobody seems to care. They probably like it that way. Probably don't want all that attention.
    It is probably because Philip Rivers has been in the NFL since 2004 and has won only 4 playoff games. What is there to care about? Joe Flacco has more rings than Rivers. Eli Manning has more rings than Rivers.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    It is probably because Philip Rivers has been in the NFL since 2004 and has won only 4 playoff games. What is there to care about? Joe Flacco has more rings than Rivers. Eli Manning has more rings than Rivers.
    John Elway was drafted in 1983 and didn't get a ring until 1997 and is considered one of the greats. Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl.

Last time Chargers even had a playoff game was 2013.

Eagles will not be playing Wentz against Rams are the rumors . Pacers have a big home game tonight against the Bucks . A win puts them a half game out of First .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-12-2018 at 04:36 PM.
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With 4 1/2 left in the Third , so far this may be the best complete game the Pacers have played all season .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-12-2018 at 09:45 PM.
    Do something Danke

Pacers looked like a first place team tonight . Played some defense , hit the boards and shot the ball .
    Do something Danke

Rumors are Oakland will sue the NFL for approving raiders move to Vegas which Oakland says violates the NFL's rules .
    Do something Danke

Rumors are Oakland will sue the NFL for approving raiders move to Vegas which Oakland says violates the NFL's rules .
    Not just a rumor. Already filed.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/13/oa...move-las-vegas

The city of Oakland has sued the Raiders, along with the 31 other franchises and the NFL itself, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. The city argues that Raiders owner Mark Davis, along with other NFL owners and league officials, have formed an illegal “cartel.” This so-called cartel is accused of violating federal antitrust law and California civil laws by attempting to facilitate the Raiders’ planned relocation to Las Vegas in 2020. The cartel’s members are allegedly motivated not by a desire to promote genuine competition for NFL franchises, but instead by the selfish prospect of receiving a cut of a massive relocation fee.

The city seeks unspecified damages that could amount to many millions of dollars. The possibility of a massive penalty is heightened by the fact that damages under antitrust law are automatically multiplied by three. To be clear, even if Oakland’s lawsuit is successful it would not block the Raiders’ planned move. However, it could make the move a lot more expensive for Davis and the NFL.

Oakland’s lawsuit could also hasten the Raiders’ exodus from the city. The Silver and Black have spent the 2018 season in Oakland, but their plans for next year are up in the air. Along those lines, the last home game the Raiders will “ever” play in Oakland could occur on Christmas Eve when they host the Denver Broncos.

That said, as the Raiders’ nomadic history reveals, it’s never wise to say “ever” or “never” when it comes to the Raiders and the city of Oakland.
    But speaking of Raider's Rumors, their lease on the stadium they are currently using is up at the end of the year and their new stadium in Las Vegas won't be ready for them to move into for at least another year. One rumor is that they play in San Diego which lost their team to LA and has a vacant stadium. San Diego also has a huge Raiders fan base- probably more Raiders fans than Chargers fans. When the Raiders came to town to play there was often more silver and black than blue and gold.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/13/nf...owners-meeting

The Raiders remained in the news. And believe it or not, it wasn’t just because they fired GM Reggie McKenzie or because being Las Vegas’s (future) team puts them at the center of the sports gambling discussion. It was also because their current home city, Oakland, just filed a lawsuit against the team, and the Raiders just so happen to be without a lease for 2019, with their Vegas stadium not opening until 2020.

Going to Vegas early would be tough. UNLV’s Sam Boyd Stadium would require tens of millions of dollars in upgrades to become NFL-compliant. And with the school’s football team moving with the Raiders into the new stadium, sinking resources into Sam Boyd would benefit no one after next year.

Owner Mark Davis, for his part, left his options open for ’19. Another Bay Area venue, like the 49ers’ Levi’s Stadium or Cal’s Memorial Stadium, could be in play if the Coliseum isn’t.

But I wouldn’t discount San Diego. The Raiders are one of the few teams that could draw crowds doing something like that (moving to a random city for a single year) because of their national fan base and strong Southern California ties. Also, one potential issue for other cities would be to have a practice facility for the Raiders. San Diego actually has one ready to go—the one the Chargers left behind.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-13-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Chargers at Arrowhead tonight . KC is five point favorites in what could be a three point game , tempting even though KC always plays tough at home . I am more tempted by the Over/ Under of 54 . The Chargers avg four TD's a game and give up 3 TD's on avg . KC defense is not very good . KC averages 36 points a game and gives up nearly 4 TD's ( 27 points ) per game . So I figure the Chargers are good for 28 to 31 points and KC should be too meaning the over should be exceeded.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-13-2018 at 04:49 PM.
    Do something Danke

Colts and Vikings both have must wins this week against a couple teams trying to get into the playoffs . This game tonight is a big game for Rivers I think
    Do something Danke

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast