Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread: 2018-19

NFL Thread: 2018-19

Maybe I missed it, but it seems nobody started a threat this year, so here it is.

In current news, Dallas is beating the Giants 10-0 at halftime.

The Dallas O looks much better than last week (this is a very low bar), while the D, which has been getting better for some time, looks really solid.

I was expecting a Dallas loss, and frankly still do (D will get tried if/when O reverts to mean...), but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

...nothing cheers me like a good Eli face.

P.S. Oh, and the Giants' new RB Saquon Barkley is a beast, on the same level as Elliot.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-16-2018 at 07:51 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Solid Dallas win over NY, but no Elu face today as it was a bit anti-climactic.

Nonetheless, as I said, the D looked terrific; the O okay, but not nearly where it should be in the passing game.

...no surprise there.

Also, particularly good play calling (which I guess is now necessary given the QB situation).

Some was started in the NFL Sucks Thread but this is probably a better idea.

Denver kicks last second field goal to beat the Raiders and go 2-0.

After the Jacksonville game, they cut to the Denver game. Broncos quarterback was going back to throw with 18 seconds left. The network cut the coverage and went to local news. These self-important $#@!s were talking about Florence. It turned out to be a rain puddle storm in my area, but they milked it for all it was worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

This is where I predict today is the day Browns and Vikings start trying out kickers . Browns have already cut Josh Gordon and Dez Bryant was passed on . They would have won in New Orleans with a kicker .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-17-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    Do something Danke

Wonder if the Browns will actually win a game this season.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Rumors are , Patriots get Josh Gordon ,Vikings are bringing in Dan Baily , Browns have signed new Kicker .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-17-2018 at 03:56 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    After the Jacksonville game, they cut to the Denver game. Broncos quarterback was going back to throw with 18 seconds left. The network cut the coverage and went to local news. These self-important $#@!s were talking about Florence. It turned out to be a rain puddle storm in my area, but they milked it for all it was worth.
    I think there is an actual NFL/Network contract stipulation that they have to piss off the fans with the coverage.

Eagles fan here; happy to get Wentz back.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I watch whatever comes over the airwaves. I saw the Falcon's vs Panther's game. I thought the Falcons looked pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Wonder if the Browns will actually win a game this season.
    They have a fair chance next two games , after that gets rough , maybe a shot in Houston in early Dec . They should be 2 - 0 now and are still ahead of the Steelers , but the schedule gets tougher after Jets & Raiders .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Rumors are , Psatriots get Josh Gordon ,Vikings are bringing in Dan Baily , Browns have signed new Kicker .
    Baily has the second highest accuracy rate in NFL history and the Browns don't give him a try out. Browns do the Browns thing.

Honestly I'm happy the Browns got rid of Gordon. The dudes a cancer. Been in the league for 6 years and hes only played one full season. He's one drug test away from being suspended again. I don't think theres a head coach or owner in this league that can keep him off weed.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 09-17-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Honestly I'm happy the Browns got rid of Gordon. The dudes a cancer. Been in the league for 6 years and hes only played one full season. He's one drug test away from being suspended again. I don't think theres a head coach or owner in this league that can keep him off weed.
    They did the right thing .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    They did the right thing .
    Indeed. I just wish they got rid of him years ago.

Calvin Coolidge

Calvin Coolidge

The league should just let players toke herb, they let them drink..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I think there is an actual NFL/Network contract stipulation that they have to piss off the fans with the coverage.

Eagles fan here; happy to get Wentz back.
    I enjoyed watching you people boo your own superbowl champs week 1.

The Packer fans booed their team week one too.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    The Packer fans booed their team week one too.
    Even worse, considering they have the best QB in the league.

...though the city of brotherly trash-throwing has a history of this kind of behavior.

At least they didn't set anything on fire?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Even worse, considering they have the best QB in the league.

...though the city of brotherly trash-throwing has a history of this kind of behavior.
    You from the Dallas area, Rev?
    -Albert Camus

You from the Dallas area, Rev?
    I'm from the great state of Nunyabidness

....I hear Dallas is a nice town though.

I'm from the great state of Nunyabidness

....I hear Dallas is a nice town though.
    The Cowboys have quite a few fans outside the area. We call them cockroaches in these parts. They hide when their team is sucking, which is quite often, to emerge when they have a rare win.

Viz:

Last edited by otherone; 09-17-2018 at 06:55 PM.
    -Albert Camus

They hide when their team is sucking, which is quite often, to emerge when they have a rare win.
    Well, since my comments were critical of Dallas, as they've mostly been since mid-2016, and Dallas is now sucking, I'm not sure what your point is.

Well, since my comments were critical of Dallas, as they've mostly been since mid-2016, and Dallas is now sucking, I'm not sure what your point is.
    I'm not referring to you. I'm referring to all the non-Texans who are enamored of a team because of what they accomplished during the Aikman era decades ago.
    -Albert Camus

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not referring to you. I'm referring to all the non-Texans who are enamored of a team because of what they accomplished during the Aikman era decades ago.
    Gotcha

Wanna bet they're the same people who wanted to go with the "hot hand" and ditched one of the best QB's to ever play the game?

...I have a hard time not having schadenfreude over this, still can't believe it, still not over it, probably never will be.

Good news is, Dallas has everything they need, but for a QB who may be picked up in the next draft or two or three.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-17-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Gotcha

Wanna bet they're the same people who wanted to go with the "hot hand" and ditched one of the best QB's to ever play the game?

...I have a hard time not having schadenfreude over this, still can't believe it, still not over it, probably never will be.

Good news is, Dallas has everything they need, but for a QB who may be picked up in the draft draft or two or three.
    That's Jerry Jones. Garrett is a puppet of the owner. Luckily, they're in the NFC East, where it's anyone's division.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The league should just let players toke herb, they let them drink..
    That's pretty much what I think. As long as their not high during practice or the big game, I won't have any issues.

Calvin Coolidge

That's Jerry Jones. Garrett is a puppet of the owner. Luckily, they're in the NFC East, where it's anyone's division.
    Jerry giveth, and Jerry taketh away...

So Bears going to the Super Bowl with Kahlil Mack or nah?

Calvin Coolidge

That's pretty much what I think. As long as their not high during practice or the big game, I won't have any issues.
    They're. I'm high all the time. Why not? It's not a performance enhancer in the physical sense, like it gives you some ungodly amount of energy. It can help put your head in the game, but it's natural. No different than eating some spinach before the big game.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast