Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread: 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    D wins championships son.
    Why, yes, Dad. Yes it does.

I'm assuming, of course, that big D refers to defense, not a certain city in north central Texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dallas could have gotten within six with a field goal to start the 4th quarter but decided to go for it on fourth down and one but were stopped. Elliot had no gain on the play. He has 47 yards rushing on 17 carries. Gurley has 113 yards on 14 carries and CJ Anderson has 104 yards on 17 carries- two running backs over 100 yards on the same team.

Average rush for the Rams? 6.8 yards. Dallas? 2.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He has 47 yards rushing on 17 carries. Gurley has 113 yards on 14 carries and CJ Anderson has 88 yards on 15 carries.
    What? No chart?

When was the last time the Rams had two backs over 100 yards rushing in a playoff game ?
    Do something Danke

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cowboys are going to run out of time . That defensive line is going to be worn down too . Cowboys at midfield trailing by 15 with 6 1/2 to play .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    When was the last time the Rams had two backs over 100 yards rushing in a playoff game ?
    I was looking but haven't found it yet. Any playoff games with two 100 yard rushers on the same team. Did find a record in futility for 100 yard games by Detroit- 70 straight regular season games without a 100 yard rusher. Streak started in 2013 and ended September 23rd 2018. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...kers/37910091/

Anderson finished with 123 yards on 23 carries and teammate Gurley had 115 on 16 carries while Ezekiel Elliot was restricted to just 47 yards on 20 carries. Late touchdown by Dallas didn't matter. 30- 22 Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I was looking but haven't found it yet. Any playoff games with two 100 yard rushers on the same team. Did find a record in futility for 100 yard games by Detroit- 70 straight regular season games without a 100 yard rusher. Streak started in 2013 and ended September 23rd 2018. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...kers/37910091/
    Highest avg gain for a game rushing in a playoff game goes to Elmer Angsman , 10 rushes for 159 yards . Keith Lincoln right behind him at 13 rushes for 206 yards .
    Do something Danke

Wow. I thought all the Dallas fans from not Dallas would have had an aikman orgasm tonight.

Looks like the game we have been waiting for will happen next week. Brady vs. Mahomes.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    You can never count out the Patriots. When other teams are being talked about, the Patriots quietly get it done.
    They are getting it done today.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Looks like the game we have been waiting for will happen next week. Brady vs. Mahomes.
    Who's 'we'? Got a mouse in your pocket?

I wanted the AFC Championship Game to finally settle the AFC West.

Well, whatever happens, at least it'll happen in Arrowhead.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    They would have also made the playoffs and trying to win their 1st playoff game in 20 yrs. Andy Reid is a QB whisperer. Can u think of the last bad QB he coached?
    Poor Alex Smith. Screwed over twice. At least Mahomes is a great quarterback and an understandable choice, as opposed to Kapernick.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Poor Alex Smith. Screwed over twice. At least Mahomes is a great quarterback and an understandable choice, as opposed to Kapernick.
    Alex Smith may be off work due to disability. But poor he is not.

Or maybe I just don't have enough sympathy for people who price themselves out of their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, whatever happens, at least it'll happen in Arrowhead.
    I find it rather crazy that the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game at home I was walking up and down the stairs at arrowhead selling hotdogs. I was a young man way back then. I might have to dig my 90's era Chiefs hat to wear around this week...

Well, yeah, Belichick, it was a fumble. So, instead of a first down at the spot of the tackle, the Chargers have a first down a yard and a half farther down field.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen Belichick do.

Up to here with Tom Brady.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

They won't even show a replay of #66's alleged holding so we can judge how ticky-tack that call was.

Yeah, I'm sick of Brady. But I'm also sick of hearing about Rivers. Yes, he can be good. But some days he just goes into panic mode. Like today.

Just hope we don't get a Patriots-Eagles rematch in the SB.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Another terrible call in the Patriots' favor. I gave up on the NFL until they brought back instant replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Just hope we don't get a Patriots-Eagles rematch in the SB.
    It won't be, if it's up to the Chiefs. They tightened up their defense significantly since Week Six, when Justin Houston was still down. If the league has its way, however...

The Chiefs will have to beat both the Patriots and the officials. Can they do it? Maybe.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-13-2019 at 03:17 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well if the Eagles can beat the Patriots and the officials then maybe theres some hope for the Chiefs.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Alex Smith may be off work due to disability. But poor he is not.

Or maybe I just don't have enough sympathy for people who price themselves out of their jobs.
    Are they paying less for Mahomes? What round was he drafted in?

I know that was not the case in SF. That was just Harbaugh thinking he needed his own running QB like RGIII. Sorry Harbaugh, that trend is over, and you need QB like Mahomes who can actually read the field and memorize the plays...

Another terrible call in the Patriots' favor. I gave up on the NFL until they brought back instant replay.

It won't be, if it's up to the Chiefs. They tightened up their defense significantly since Week Six, when Justin Houston was still down. If the league has its way, however...

The Chiefs will have to beat both the Patriots and the officials. Can they do it? Maybe.
    It’s a conspiracy, I tells ya’!

(As a Raider fan, no need to talk about official’s bias.)

Well I have to say , San Diego laying down and failing to play in the second quarter was not a good game plan .
    Do something Danke

Eagles , once leading 14 - 0 look like they will be trailing the Saints soon here .....
    Do something Danke

Need to figure out who I'm gonna root for in the SB now since the Colts are out. Probably going to be the Saints since Brees went to college in Indiana.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-13-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Need to figure out who I'm gonna root for in the SB now since the Colts are out. Probably going to be the Saints since Brees went to college in Indiana.
    Take my advice. As a long time Chiefs fan, I've had lots of practice figuring out who, if anyone, I can care about.

Wait a week. No point in choosing between four.

Rumors are , at the request of AF , Maroon 5 will play the Superbowl.
    Do something Danke

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't care about the Super Bowl. I just want the Chiefs to win the Hunt Trophy at Arrowhead.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    They won't even show a replay of #66's alleged holding so we can judge how ticky-tack that call was.

Yeah, I'm sick of Brady. But I'm also sick of hearing about Rivers. Yes, he can be good. But some days he just goes into panic mode. Like today.
    Rivers is not a champion, he is a regular season queen.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast