Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1121

Thread: NFL Thread: 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Search for Sean McVay's girlfriend.
    Yeah shes an instagram model. Not only is he winning on the field, hes winning off the field as well. You know at some point during the game the camera is going to show where she is in the audience. Got to give the audience some eye candy.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-22-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm in the belief that not every aspect of a game can be rigged. I find it hard to believe that every TD, pass, interception, field goal, etc can be all according to plan. That takes a lot of coordination and some players are bound to not go with the script. I also don't like it when people try to have it both ways. If the Patriots won, you'd have people say it was rigged but if the Chiefs won, those same people will say they won because it was rigged.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-22-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'm in the belief that not every aspect of a game can be rigged. I find it hard to believe that every TD, pass, interception, field goal, etc can be all according to plan. That takes a lot of coordination and some players are bound to not go with the script. I also don't like it when people try to have it both ways. If the Patriots won, you'd have people say it was rigged but if the Chiefs won, those same people will say they won because it was rigged.
    Nobody's saying it is. But the playoffs are generally contests between closely competitive teams, and small-market teams haven't been seen in the SB since nineteen eighty what...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Does anyone think the no-call was a deliberate effort to hand Tom Brady the championship? The issue has at least been raised.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Does anyone think the no-call was a deliberate effort to hand Tom Brady the championship? The issue has at least been raised.
    Taken on its own, there's no way to tell. But if one looks for a pattern, one finds that pattern.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

On the other hand, sometimes the refs don't want to be a factor in a crucial game and "let them play" sometimes.

It was suggested somewhere this morning. I thought I would ask.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    On the other hand, sometimes the refs don't want to be a factor in a crucial game and "let them play" sometimes.
    I notice this is rarely the case. They do everything to make themselves conspicuous.
    #NashvilleStrong

I notice this is rarely the case. They do everything to make themselves conspicuous.
    I was unfortunately working during most of the games (caught part of the first quarter in the Saints/ Rams game and start of the 4th quarter of the Pats/ Chiefs so don't know how consistent/ inconsistent they were on calls. League is saying they blew it on that one though.

Because allowing one team to cheat constitutes 'not being a factor' to you?

League is saying they blew it on that one though.
    I'd bet the Chiefs would be happy to play a "do over" game this Sunday, if the league had the slightest interest in getting the thing right.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-23-2019 at 02:12 PM.

The league owned up to that one, but I've heard nothing from them on the egregious non-call in the Saints game. The governor of Louisiana has weighed in, though.

Has anyone coined the hash tag #BoycottBowl yet? Probably a good way to be banned from twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Because allowing one team to cheat constitutes 'not being a factor' to you?

I'd bet the Chiefs would be happy to play a "do over" game this Sunday, if the league had the slightest interest in getting the thing right.
    A "do- over" would be an even worse idea. Nothing would be the same as it was at that moment. Players have more chance to rest and coaches to prepare. "hot players" may go cold and vice versa. Do you resume play from the point of that call or start the whole thing over? Do all games get a "do over" if refs miss a call? Spend millions to replay less than two minutes (1:49) of the game? Do people who had tickets to the original game get into the replay free? Play without a crowd (that could also impact the remaining time of the game)? What sort of bad call would qualify for a replay? That too would be a judgement call.

If you want a replay, it needs to happen right away.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...erference-call

NEW ORLEANS -- Saints head coach Sean Payton said the NFL's head of officials told him the officials "blew the call" by not penalizing the Los Angeles Rams for pass interference late in the fourth quarter of Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

And Payton said he and the team will "probably never get over it" after the Rams went on to win 26-23 in overtime.

"For a call like that not to be made, man, it's just hard to swallow. And then to get a phone call ..." Payton said, trailing off. He added: "We spoke initially, then I called to follow up. And the first thing [head of officials Alberto Riveron] said when I got on the phone -- 'We messed it up.'
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-23-2019 at 06:21 PM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder what would happen if the Chiefs and Saints tried to have a good, old-fashioned exhibition game?

Would the NFL kick them out? Would that be bad for those franchises?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Has anyone coined the hash tag #BoycottBowl yet? Probably a good way to be banned from twitter.
    I’m not sure we are going to watch, in any case. Football games are so long. Plus, it will be my birthday, and I can think of many other things I would rather do. We will probably follow the score and tune in if it looks like something worth watching. I grew up in Southern California and don’t hate the Rams. I seem to remember my brother playing with two little boys down the street whose dad was on the coaching staff then. I couldn’t for the life of me remember their names. I know their mom brought food when our mom died.
    #NashvilleStrong

I most likely will watch the SB despite my hatred for the Patriots. I just hope the commercials are good. Last time I remember the SB commercials being good was back in 2013.

Calvin Coolidge

Rumors are the pats are paying for Gordons florida rehab . They must be planning on trying to bring him back . The most hated and ill repute team trying to bring back the leagues biggest pot scofflaw . Pretty funny .
    Do something Danke

AF is going to hate this but sadly , Maroon 5 will not do an interview before superbowl performance .
    Do something Danke

In about 53 weeks the XFL starts .
    Do something Danke

Rumors are dolphins already planning to scrap 2019 season and play a practice squad QB .
    Do something Danke

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mayfield should have won rookie of the year. Guy took a team that was 0-16 last season and made them 7-8-1. That's quite a big improvement.

Calvin Coolidge

Mayfield should have won rookie of the year. Guy took a team that was 0-16 last season and made them 7-8-1. That's quite a big improvement.
    Seven win improvement over the previous yr is impressive .
    Do something Danke

Colts coach finished third I think in coach voting .
    Do something Danke

Too much estrogen for hubs tonight. We’re watching, but a little bit behind so we don’t have to watch the feminist manifesto in 60 second commercial segments.

Gladys Knight. What a pro.
    #NashvilleStrong

I pulled a lot of strings to get Maroon 5 instead of Cardi B .
    Do something Danke

Boring game so far. I was expecting both teams to have two TDs each by halftime.

Calvin Coolidge

Last edited by H_H; 02-04-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Last edited by H_H; 02-04-2019 at 02:52 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Worst. Superbowl. Ever.

Calvin Coolidge

Now that the Super Bowl is over, coaches from the two participating teams are available for possible new jobs. Two got hired today. Cincinnati Bengals hired the Rams QB coach Zac Taylor for their head coach opening and the Dolphins picked up Patriots defensive coordinator Brian Flores to be their head coach. That leaves no current head coaching vacancies.

(Super Bowl viewership was the lowest since 2007- I didn't care for either team).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-04-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast