Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1121

Thread: NFL Thread: 2018-19

Proposed alternative to conducting an onside kick: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ng-onside-kick

Instead of kicking off, the team would line up at its 35-yard line for what is in essence a fourth-and-15. If the team gains the 15 yards, it maintains possession. If not, the defense takes over.

The NFL annually invites teams to propose rule changes, but the competition committee is charged with vetting and either endorsing or allowing them to stand on their own. Historically, owners defer substantial judgment to the committee, which is scheduled to meet later this month to finalize its recommendations for 2019.

Votes from 24 owners are required to approve any rule changes.
    Meanwhile, the Kansas City Chiefs followed through on their plans to propose that each team be guaranteed a possession in overtime, regardless of whether a touchdown is scored on the first possession. The Chiefs' proposal would also abolish overtime in the preseason and eliminate the overtime coin toss. Instead, the team that won the pregame coin toss would choose whether it wanted to start overtime with the ball or on defense.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-09-2019 at 12:50 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Raiders bring in new coach , Antonio Brown .
    Do something Danke

Bears hiring ex Vikings coach Brad Childress .
    Do something Danke

Signing season opens today. Lots going on.

Now that Antonio Brown is going to Oakland, I wonder where Leveon Bells will end up.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Now that Antonio Brown is going to Oakland, I wonder where Leveon Bells will end up.
    If I owned the steelers I would have traded them to canada .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Signing season opens today. Lots going on.
    Detroit leading in early spending looks like .
    Do something Danke

Browns are trading for Odell Beckham Jr. Never thought in a million years he'd end up there.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Broncos needing help on the offensive line signed a new right guard- but let two other starters (including their best- the center) leave (money) so a net loss of one so far on an already weak line. One step forwards, two steps back.

Packers have offense problems so they made moves on defense . Good . I hope the lions overtake them and they are cellar dwellers . Bears got a RB . Go Vikings !
    Do something Danke

Browns will end up going 8-8 but it'll be the most exciting 8-8 ever.

Calvin Coolidge

Browns will end up going 8-8 but it'll be the most exciting 8-8 ever.
    Supposedly picking up Odell Beckham Jr. Giving up a first round pick next year and a second round pick this year plus a player (safety Jabrill Peppers)

Le'veon Bell got signed by the Jets. Imagine sitting out an entire year just so you can get signed by them.

Calvin Coolidge

Le'veon Bell got signed by the Jets. Imagine sitting out an entire year just so you can get signed by them.
    Not playing cost him nearly $15 million last year. Steelers had offered him $70 million over five years. Jets are said to be offering $50- 60 million over four. Figuring in what he gave up last year, he will get about the same- to play for a lesser team.

Let me get this straight.

Bell doesn't want a 5 year/70 million dollar contract.

Then he proceeds to sit out an entire season while still in his prime and doesn't get paid 14 million.

Only to then get signed by the Jets where he'll make 52 million.

Calvin Coolidge

Let me get this straight.

Bell doesn't want a 5 year/70 million dollar contract.

Then he proceeds to sit out an entire season while still in his prime and doesn't get paid 14 million.

Only to then get signed by the Jets where he'll make 52 million.
    Guess it was the principle of the thing. He really showed those Steelers, didn't he?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tyreek Hill under investigation again
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-hill-underway

He beat and choked his pregnant girlfriend in college and got three years probabtion and the conviction set aside (or it was a suspended sentence, I forget). after completing it. Rumor is that kids arm was broken, but police reports aren’t disclosing much and the prosecution was declined.

What the heck is going on the KC players?

Guy is a moron . I would have traded him to canada for a few cases of beer .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Supposedly picking up Odell Beckham Jr. Giving up a first round pick next year and a second round pick this year plus a player (safety Jabrill Peppers)
    I would not have traded a safety or any draft picks for odell but the giants just got better in a crappy division .
    Do something Danke

Colts sign Funchess .
    Do something Danke

Dolphins continue with commitment to write the upcoming season off and play this season just running wildcat by trading last qb on roster ( Tannehill ) . Local tryouts of the unemployed could begin soon .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Dolphins continue with commitment to write the upcoming season off and play this season just running wildcat by trading last qb on roster ( Tannehill ) . Local tryouts of the unemployed could begin soon .
    There’s got to be at least a MAC QB left at 13 for the fins...

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Colts sign Funchess .
    Colts had $100 million to spend...where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Colts had $100 million to spend...where are they?
    The GM says they are going to use the money to sign existing players . They won 10 of last 12 to end the season and feel good about it .
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With Tannehill going to the Jaguars, wonder what this means for Bortles. Perhaps he gets traded to the Dolphins.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    There’s got to be at least a MAC QB left at 13 for the fins...
    At this point nobody believes the management there is competent enough to draft a QB just because they do not have one .
    Do something Danke

AAF Memphis Express sign Johnny Manziel . Memphis needs a QB so
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-16-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    Do something Danke

Being a part of the NFL, CFL, and the AAF. Manziel is a legend.

Calvin Coolidge

Being a part of the NFL, CFL, and the AAF. Manziel is a legend.
    I am thinking if he can get two wins in the AAF as a starter he will have two in every league ?
    Do something Danke

I think he is banned from the CFL
    Do something Danke

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast