Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread: 2018-19

Redskins leading 21 - 3 with the ball , four minutes to half . Colts trail by three , two minute warning , Colts ball .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    KC leading 28 - 7 , 2 min to Half .
    Do something Danke

Saints lead by 2 in Atlanta at half .
    Do something Danke

Colts in philly red zone , 10 - 10 tie .
    Do something Danke

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Giants up 20 - 9 in Houston . Titans lead Jags 6 - 3 in the Third .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-23-2018 at 12:58 PM.
    Do something Danke

Brees passes NFL record for completions previously held by two Viking QB's ( Farve , Tarkenton ) . Next up for Brees in a few weeks ahead will be Peyton Mannings yardage mark .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-23-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    Do something Danke

Denver doing their best to make the Ravens look good. Too many penalties at bad times. They had second and goal from the six followed by two straight 15 yard penalties and then an interception (for a TD but called back from the score for a Baltimore penalty). 27- 14 with eight minutes to go.

Got down to the six yet again. Second down and one yard for a first down. Yet another penalty (on fourth and one). Turned it over on downs.

Denver's only two scores came in the first quarter. One was six yard drive following a blocked punt (initially a touchdown return but called back due to yes, a penalty).

Denver was also down two cornerbacks due to injuries.

After three periods, they had more penalty yards than passing yards and finished with 120 yards in total penalties.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-23-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Panthers win!
    No - No - No - No

Titans won.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Saints beat Falcons in overtime. Both QBs had over 350 yards passing. Brees had 396 and Matt Ryan had 374.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-23-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Brees passes NFL record for completions previously held by two Viking QB's ( Farve , Tarkenton ) . Next up for Brees in a few weeks ahead will be Peyton Mannings yardage mark .
    After today, he needs about 420 more. 315 to catch Favre at #2.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Titans won.
    I saw that . That is a serious defensive effort there .
    Do something Danke

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bills upset the Vikings 27-6.

49ers Jimmy Garoppolo may have torn ACL. MRI scheduled for Monday.

Steelers reportedly trying to trade Le'Veon Bell who has still not reported to the team. Bell could be making $14.5 million this year but loses 1/17th or $850,000 each week he misses. He wants more money. Question is- will somebody be willing to give it to him?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-23-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Raiders & Texans 0 - 3 , how happy you think the Browns are not to be in that grouping ?
    Do something Danke

Raiders & Texans 0 - 3 , how happy you think the Browns are not to be in that grouping ?
    Raiders have a fear of winning. They are gonna love playing in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Panthers win!
    Yeah, they looked good today.

Patriots 0 Lions 10 . new england five yards in first quarter
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-23-2018 at 07:03 PM.
    Do something Danke

Patriots 0 Lions 10 . new england five yards in first quarter
    Lions are winless and Patriots already have one other loss. One tonight would put them below .500. Last time that happened was in 2002- pretty impressive. https://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ow-500.945902/

13-3 at the half. Pats have 70 yards in total offense- 57 on a single drive. Brady 7- 11 for 55 yards, 15 rushing yards. Supposedly the Pats wanted to trade Gronkowski to the Lions- he threatened to retire if they did. https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...de/1403440002/

On Sunday night, the Detroit Lions host Rob Gronkowski and the New England Patriots (8:20 p.m., NBC).

According to a published report, Gronkowski almost was traded to the Lions, but the superstar tight end seemed completely uninterested in that idea.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Lions and Patriots were in serious discussion over Gronkowski, who did not report for most of New England's offseason training programs.

Reports surfaced in June that the two teams were talking about a trade but that talks broke down.

According to Schefter, when Gronkowski learned he could be headed to Detroit, he threatened to retire. The 29-year-old tight end, considered by many to be one of the best in NFL history, also did not return calls from Lions GM Bob Quinn and new Lions coach Matt Patricia, both of whom know Gronkowski from their days with the Patriots.

From there, the Pats and Gronkowski talked about him staying with New England, which is what happened, with a reworked contract that added more than $4 million in incentives to his deal.

Later Sunday morning, Schefter tweeted to further explain Gronkowski's position, saying it wasn't the idea of being traded to the Lions that brought about the retirement threat. It was the idea of being traded in general. He only wanted to play for the Patriots.
    He has two catches for a total of 24 yards so far in tonight's game.

Pats go 60 yards for a TD to start the second half.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-23-2018 at 08:00 PM.

18 1/2 to play Portsmouth Spartans ( Lions ) 20 patriots 10 .
    Do something Danke

Fourth and twelve on your own 13 yardline and you go for it? Pats getting desperate! (they were down 13 with about three minutes left).

Final 26- 10. Tom Brady was 14 of 26 for 133 yards with one TD and one INT. Patriots now 1-3 but tied for second in their division with Buffalo and the Jets. Miami is undefeated.

Teams with a worse record? Arizona Cardinals, Oakland Raiders, Houston Texans, and Pittsburgh who has one win and one tie and plays Monday Night.

Unbeaten teams after week three: Kansas City, LA Rams, Miami, and Tampa Bay who faces the Steelers tomorrow.

Arizona Cardinals averaging less than seven points a game (20 through three games- fourteen of those came today).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-23-2018 at 09:34 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lions , Colts , Browns , Redskins all cover
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The NFL is ruining football with their drive to make quarterbacks untouchable.

When do they change to National Flag Football League?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Garoppolo out for the season. ACL tear confirmed.

Rams look like the team to beat over there with 49r QB out .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-25-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    Do something Danke

Welp...

Dallas demonstrated once again that, no matter how good your OL and RB, and even with a decent D, an NFL team needs a QB.

Am I hoping for 1-15 to get a top draft pick? No, I can't, but...

Looks like Fitz magic has run out. Not surprising though. Theres been a few times in his career where he would play amazing for 2-3 weeks and then he would go back to sucking. Though the Bucs did almost win that game.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Looks like Fitz magic has run out. Not surprising though. Theres been a few times in his career where he would play amazing for 2-3 weeks and then he would go back to sucking. Though the Bucs did almost win that game.
    Yes , pretty amazing , down 30 - 10 at half , threw three picks and still had the ball with a chance to win around the three minute mark .
    Do something Danke

NFL week 4 picks (9-7 last week)

Los Angeles Rams>Minnesota (after seeing Minnesota get blown out by Buffalo I don't have much trust in them)
    Jacksonville> New York Jets
    New England>Miami
    Tennessee<Philadelphia
    Indianapolis>Houston
    Green Bay>Buffalo
    Dallas>Detroit
    Chicago<Tampa Bay
    Arizona<Seattle
    Oakland<Cleveland (only picking them because Mayfields been named the starter)
    New York Giants<New Orleans
    Los Angeles Chargers>San Francisco
    Pittsburgh>Baltimore
    Denver>Kansas City
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 09-25-2018 at 07:52 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am leaning towards Vikings ,Philly , Colts , Seattle ( mostly because of Cardinal QB change ) , KC and Browns .
    Do something Danke

Sometimes I wonder if I should be more of a Bears fan than a Colts fan. I live 30 mins away from Chicago but live 2 hours away from Indy.

Calvin Coolidge

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast