Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread: 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    When a team has a WR like Chris Conley, a TE like Dimitrius Harris, and a RB like Spencer Ware, and nobody knows because they're all talking about Hill, Watkins, Kelce and Hunt, then yes. There are weapons.

Mahomes has choices.
    And protection and defense. The whole team is pretty solid.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    And protection and defense. The whole team is pretty solid.
    Well, I've seen years when the Chiefs had better defense. And though I like Mitchell Schwartz and crew, I think Mahomes' best protection might just be his ability to throw on the run.

The Chiefs get their turn at the Rams in two weeks. We'll learn more then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, I've seen years when the Chiefs had better defense. And though I like Mitchell Schwartz and crew, I think Mahomes' best protection might just be his ability to throw on the run.

The Chiefs get their turn at the Rams in two weeks. We'll learn more then.
    At least they don't have Marty Schottenheimer. Rams/ Chiefs should be a high scoring game.

At least they don't have Marty Schottenheimer.
    Say what you wish about the man. But you've seldom seen better defensive units than the one led by Derrick Thomas.

I could go for some of that right now. But I'd be perfectly content to see Justin Houston and Eric Berry healthy and active again. We still have those guys hidden up our red sleeves.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-04-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Josh Gordon is going to be Randy Moss 2.0. You heard it here first folks.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Corradelle Patterson 51 yards on five carries and a TD .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Can either of them run 23 mph like Tyreek Hill?

If they can't get a ticket in a school zone--as pedestrians--I don't want to hear about them.

I doubt he will ever get that many touches a game in new england .
    Do something Danke

Can either of them run 23 mph like Tyreek Hill?

If they can't get a ticket in a school zone--as pedestrians--I don't want to hear about them.
    That kid Cook on the Vikings beat that today on a 70 yard run they say
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That kid Cook on the Vikings beat that today on a 70 yard run they say
    Good thing they tore down the Metrodome. Anything named after Hubert Humphrey was bound to have a conservative speed limit.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rumors are Chargers will cut Kicker .
    Do something Danke

Denver's offensive line problems just got worse. Their center broke a bone in his leg in Sunday's game. (Denver's kicker missed two important field goals this week too- but one was 61 yards. The other was a 51 yarder as time ran out which could have won the game for them- this was in Denver where the altitude helps kicks go farther).

I think Diggs being out with the rib injury hurt the flow of the Vikings offense some on Sun , especially on third down . Be glad to get him back .
    Do something Danke

Denver's offensive line problems just got worse. Their center broke a bone in his leg in Sunday's game. (Denver's kicker missed two important field goals this week too- but one was 61 yards. The other was a 51 yarder as time ran out which could have won the game for them- this was in Denver where the altitude helps kicks go farther).
    Ya he has to hit that last one , then they walk out with a 20 - 19 win over a good opponent .
    Do something Danke

Rumors are Arians would consider giving up retirement for Browns job .
    Do something Danke

Raiders release Bruce Irvin .
    Do something Danke

Pacers need to defend the home court tonight . I would be there but I have a bad cold and would hate to give it to someone else . I was going to use some of my winnings from the last nine days or so .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Ya he has to hit that last one , then they walk out with a 20 - 19 win over a good opponent .
    The other miss (61 yards) was just before the end of the first half. Texans took just three plays to get into position to kick their own field goal just before the half ended. Texans won by two points. Even at altitude, 61 yards is a pretty long attempt.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was actually kidding about Gordon being Randy Moss 2.0. He'll most likely fail another drug test and be out for the whole season. Cares more about getting high than ranking in money.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I was actually kidding about Gordon being Randy Moss 2.0. He'll most likely fail another drug test and be out for the whole season. Cares more about getting high than ranking in money.
    He looked pretty good last game .
    Do something Danke

4 minutes to half Cowboys have 25 yards that did not come from Elliot ( his combined total is 86 ) , trail 14 - 7 . Cowboys 5 point favorites , I took Tenn against the spread. Tenn has kicking advantage in what could be a three point game.
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-05-2018 at 08:32 PM.
    Do something Danke

Pacers laid down tonight in the 4th , lost by 4 at home . They should be embarrassed .
    Do something Danke

Basically the Titans got away with two first half turnovers on the road and go in tied at the Half at 14.
    Do something Danke

Chargers Kicker that was cut was first since 1979 Raiders to miss an XP and a FG in three consecutive games . I am really surprised the Vikings did not slide in there in between . That Raiders Kicker , Jim Breach was drafted by the Lions and cut , signed by the Raiders and cut at the end of the season and went on to a pretty good career in Cincy where he would convert about 72 percent of his FG's over 13 seasons going a perfect 9 for 9 on FG's in OT . He did though only have three seasons without a missed XP and two of those were his last for his team that was a combined 8 - 24 those two seasons . He was 9/11 on playoff FG's .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-05-2018 at 09:05 PM.
    Do something Danke

Mariota misses a wide open Rec in the end zone for a TD then they miss the chip shot FG to keep the Cowboys in the game
    Do something Danke

Titans in FG range again , still a chance to make it a two score game , about 6 min to play
    Do something Danke

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don’t jinx it.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Titans with a season high in scoring , 10 of 13 on third down . Lead 28 - 14
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-05-2018 at 09:58 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Don’t jinx it.
    With 3 1/2 to play I am confident they have it .
    Do something Danke

I’m glad they are on the road tonight. Very severe weather here with tornado warnings going all night.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast