Thread: False advertising

False advertising

It is difficult to purchase things these days. It does not matter if you go into a store of purchase online. I was just looking at garden hose repair kit and it is advertised as solid brass. When I look at the one star reviews people say it has mixed metals, not compliant with California proposition xyz, and poses a lead hazard.

I was looking at purchasing some spark plugs for my Yukon. Went online and found the AC Delco part number. On both Ebay and Amazon I found these plugs. In the title it specifically states AC Delco even has pictures with the part number on the spark plug. Read the reviews and people say they are not AC Delco and have no part numbers on the plug.

I see this problem on almost everything I try to purchase.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For the eBay listing, you should report them to eBay, if you haven't already. Definitely false advertising, and that is against eBay's usage terms.

For garden stuff, my local Ace Hardware is amazing. I've been pleased with nearly everything I've bought there. Do you have an Ace in your neighborhood? They're a co-op, so will vary from store to store, but I feel lucky to have one here.

If it is something specific like a plug I would just go by an Oreillys , Autozone or Advanced Auto and get it . For hose attachments I would just walk into a Menards , Harbor Freight , Ace or Home Depot and see what they have . The Menards on line search engine for say a nutdiver for an impact will let you choose tool brand and made in america and say if it is available at the store closest to me.
    Do something Danke

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    It's a problem, you have to be careful.

I recently bought some new batteries for my cell phone, I will only by real Samsung branded ones. Found three on e-bay and bought them. All three would die when still marked as 60% charged. After doing some detailed research I was able to deduce they were knock-off batteries made to look like Samsung.

I later ordered more from another vendor. When they arrived they weren't branded as Samsung but it turned out they had an extra sticker on them to hide the Samsung logo. They said it gets through customs easier that way, not sure why.

I thought it odd that the ones marked as Samsung weren't but the ones not marked as Samsung were.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Bought a fast charge samsung cell phone charger plug that wasnt fast charging. It had a 4 star rating on amazon but went back to read the 1 star rating and they mentioned that it did not fast charge.

I am still waiting for the free market or someone to solve the problem with counterfeit products posing as genuine products

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Bought a fast charge samsung cell phone charger plug that wasnt fast charging. It had a 4 star rating on amazon but went back to read the 1 star rating and they mentioned that it did not fast charge.

I am still waiting for the free market or someone to solve the problem with counterfeit products posing as genuine products
    Uhm, the free market already solved the problem and its solution is already in your own comment.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

Buying them directly from Samsung would seem to be the solution you're looking for.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Buying them directly from Samsung would seem to be the solution you're looking for.
    In my case, it's not possible (as I see it). Samsung doesn't sell anything for a Note 3 (2013) on their site.

Still no excuse for fraud.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Uhm, the free market already solved the problem and its solution is already in your own comment.
    It has a 4 star rating. If u cannot trust an item with a 4 star plus rating then u would not be able to buy anything online.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    To be fair to me, the vendor I went with was samsung itself with links to their original website. Aka a sort of affiliate with amazon.com. Most of the buyers were satisfied with their product but mine happened to be defective. Maybe I got a defective product.

Government should do something! Require Truth in Advertising or something!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Everyone but the anarchists believe that.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I really do not need the govt to help me shop . I am just exceptional like that .
    Do something Danke