Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Afghan refugee wins New Hampshire statehouse primary

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I said Ron, NOT an open borders liberaltarian like GJ.
    So what percentage did Ron Paul get? (Ron is also not for closed borders).

As posted many times before:

"Now there's a lot of antagonism and resentment turned just automatically on immigrants," he continued. "You say, no not immigrants, it's just illegal immigrants. I do believe in legal immigration. I want to have a provision to obey those laws. You have to understand this in the context of the economy."

Paul said he's not one of those politicians who believes that "barbed-wire fences and guns on our border will solve any of our problems." That's not, he said, the American way. And he doesn't think that a national identification card is the way to go.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb...forum-20120201

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So what percentage did Ron Paul get? (Ron is also not for closed borders).

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb...forum-20120201

Well, I start off with saying that it`s a big problem. I don`t like to get involved with the Federal Government very much, but I do think it is a federal responsibility to protect our borders....And that`s why I don`t think our border guards should be sent to Iraq, like we`ve done. I think we need more border guards. But to have the money and the personnel, we have to bring our troops home from Iraq. Ron Paul

More at: http://www.vdare.com/articles/ron-pa...al-sovereignty

Totally free immigration! I`ve never taken that position...Well, you work on both. The most important is the welfare state, but you can still beef up your borders and get rid of some incentives for illegals....Ron Paul

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Totally free immigration! I`ve never taken that position...Well, you work on both. The most important is the welfare state, but you can still beef up your borders and get rid of some incentives for illegals....Ron Paul

I doubt you can find anybody who supports "totally free" immigration. The question is how far do you want to go.

https://mises.org/wire/ron-paul-sums...ws-immigration

Ron Paul Sums Up His anti-Wall, anti-Mass Deportation Views on Immigration

08/21/2015Ryan McMaken

Not surprisingly, during the 2012 election, Ron Paul was the only laissez-faire candidate when it came to immigration. The Democratic candidates, naturally, wanted more subsidies for immigrants (in the form of welfare and citizenship benefits) while most of the other GOP candidates called for a variety of taxpayer funded, authoritarian schemes such as national ID cards, border walls, more police, and regulations on employers and entrepreneurs.

Ron Paul took a more humane and consistent approach and refused to support more government surveillance or more wall building. At the same time, of course, he also advocated for reducing or ending subsidies for immigrants, since, as with products and services, and laborers of all types: if you subsidize it, you'll get more of it.

In this video, Paul and Daniel McAdams discuss Paul's views on immigration in light of the current debate over immigration.

On Trump's plan to round up and deport 15 million people:

Ron Paul: How practical do you think this would be to round up 15 million people without any consideration for due process?

McAdams: You’d essentially need a police state because you’d practically have to be going to go door to door almost, because they don’t keep track of these people.

Ron Paul: I think it’s impossible.

On building a wall and controlling labor:

Daniel McAdams: When we worked on immigration in your office, you were generally friendly with people who wanted some controls on the border. But we ran into terrible troubles with the extreme on [the conservative] side which wanted an authoritarian state here. They wanted "E-Verify" which means every American would have to prove he has a right to work in his own country. And then there's the wall they want.

Ron Paul: You’ll need a really efficient wall and a coast guard that goes up and down the coast blowing boats out of the water…The idea of building walls around the country, I think it’s a joke. I could never take a position that we need more barbed wire to solve this problem.
    More at link.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-15-2018 at 08:05 PM.

This has gotta be the worst anti-liberty thread I have ever read on RPF- what the hell has happened to everyone?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    This has gotta be the worst anti-liberty thread I have ever read on RPF- what the hell has happened to everyone?
    That's what I wonder about all the people who want to flood us with anti-liberty barbarians so that our current long odds vs. the brainwashed natives are completely obliterated.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Are y'all seriously bitching to each other like this over Mexican immigrants and their "right" to LITERALLY crap in the streets while feeding themselves on our dime?

You're seriously arguing for 12 pages about if it's wise to import Middle Eastern Muslims along with their twisted ideals, hatred of liberty, and an undying quest to impose Sharia Law?

You do realize it is the same bloodthirsty Feminist and Antifa clowns that Soros funds that support the abolition of both1st and 2nd Amendments that also demand these "minorities" be not merely welcomed... but revered?

Y'all go ahead... stand upon the principles of an open and borderless society; I used to. I'll be over "here", holding my firearms in fierce and unyielding determination, whilst spitting defiantly in the face of free speech deniers, and adjusting my nuts while manspreading, mansplaining, and man-DOING.

I know which war I find worthy of my time... we fight togethet; we die alone.
    Come on over, friends... I brought Cheez Its and beef jerky, but you need to bring your balls...(no h o m o).

edit: censoring "h o m o"? Niiiiice!
    Last edited by Wooden Indian; 09-16-2018 at 01:31 AM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Right. We need to voter harder to keep other people from voting harder because voting harder stops harder voting and vote for big government projects that take away our liberty (constitution free zone around the U.S. already...border wall) because....ummmm....I'm confused.
    Well said...me too
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

You are making the mistake of thinking Republicans are much better than Demoncrats, even those few foreigners that vote Republican (most do not) tend to vote for the worst kind of Swampublicans.
    What the ...? No. You are projecting yourself onto me. I'm not the one that's been running around screaming "The imgrants are gonna vote for the dems!" Nor am I pushing the swampcreature agenda of increasing the police state to fight the latest made up crisis. Donald Trump is a swamp as they come. You will finally realize this when, after he builds his megawall, he puts that "big beautiful door" in the middle of it.

The Europeans started out friendly as well, S. Africa has been peaceful for decades but now the incompatible culture has fully taken over and is dispossessing the Boers and preparing to kill them all.
    South Africa has a history going back to the 1800s and it wasn't at all peaceful. It's far more peaceful now. It's in much better shape than may of the former Soviet block countries that's for sure. And yes I have seen the right wing propaganda on that. But regardless, if you are so against immigrants and want them to go "home"...the Boers are immigrants.

That's not my primary issue but you will have more cross-border crime if your borders are wide open than if they are well patrolled.
    The net amount of child prostitution would not change one iota. In fact you'd likely have more children born in the U.S. kidnapped and sold into sex slavery.

Our culture is in a serious state of degradation but incompatible foreigners will not cure it, they will just add their cultural problems to ours, at least ours slightly tends towards excessive liberty/license the worst problems most of the foreigners bring tend towards authoritarianism.
    Says you.

Trump is a step in the right direction but he doesn't go far enough, he may want to but he gets attacked enough for his current position that he doesn't dare go further.
    Trump has single handedly destroyed the Ron Paul movement.

Which is why I don't oppose all immigration, but they must come in small enough numbers to be assimilated, in the past too many have come too fast and those waves of immigrants have seriously contributed to the loss of liberty, if Asians don't like their relatives being limited to small enough numbers for us to assimilate then that is one way they are bad for our liberty.
    Asians immigrants are far more capitalistic than the average native born American. Why would you want them to assimilate laziness and love of the welfare/warfare state? Oh that's right. You think that the fact that they "love money and power" is somehow a bad thing.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Trump won.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That's what I wonder about all the people who want to flood us with anti-liberty barbarians so that our current long odds vs. the brainwashed natives are completely obliterated.
    Yes. Because capitalistic Asians who "love money and power" are anti-liberty barbarians because capitalism is anti-liberty according to you.

Trump won.
    He's here for 6 more years at most. What's your long term plan other than helping democrats get more people over the border?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Tribalism is a helluva drug.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

What the ...? No. You are projecting yourself onto me. I'm not the one that's been running around screaming "The imgrants are gonna vote for the dems!" Nor am I pushing the swampcreature agenda of increasing the police state to fight the latest made up crisis. Donald Trump is a swamp as they come. You will finally realize this when, after he builds his megawall, he puts that "big beautiful door" in the middle of it.
    You are evading the point, most immigrants vote Demoncrat and those that vote Republican vote for Swampublicans like Rubio, they help undermine liberty either way.

South Africa has a history going back to the 1800s and it wasn't at all peaceful. It's far more peaceful now. It's in much better shape than may of the former Soviet block countries that's for sure. And yes I have seen the right wing propaganda on that. But regardless, if you are so against immigrants and want them to go "home"...the Boers are immigrants.
    The Boers have been there since the 1600s, they are no more immigrants than you or I, most of the blacks that have taken over mostly came from outside much more recently, you are also evading the point again, the blacks took over peacefully through political means and have moved on to violence and dispossession, it is similar to how Europeans were generally peaceful towards the Injuns at first and then moved on to genocide.

The net amount of child prostitution would not change one iota. In fact you'd likely have more children born in the U.S. kidnapped and sold into sex slavery.
    I disagree but I'm not going to continue to argue a point that isn't my primary argument.

Says you.
    Says logic and history, the only way the foreigners would reform our society is if they took over and tyrannically imposed their virtues on us.

Trump has single handedly destroyed the Ron Paul movement.
    LOL
    What little was left of the movement after Ron retired and the purists rejected Rand hasn't been hurt at all by Trump and he is accomplishing more of our agenda than Ron was able to in the House.

Asians immigrants are far more capitalistic than the average native born American. Why would you want them to assimilate laziness and love of the welfare/warfare state? Oh that's right. You think that the fact that they "love money and power" is somehow a bad thing.
    Liberty is more than just capitalism and capitalism is more than just money and power and the only the way to keep immigrants from being affected by the welfare state is to end it.
    Asians are more desirable immigrants than many others and I would allow more of them than many others but when they come faster than they can be assimilated they too undermine liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes. Because capitalistic Asians who "love money and power" are anti-liberty barbarians because capitalism is anti-liberty according to you.
    Liberty is more than just capitalism and capitalism is more than just money and power, your failure to understand that exposes your inadequate understanding of liberty or even capitalism.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We had war declared on us...damn shame...but not my doing.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    He's here for 6 more years at most. What's your long term plan other than helping democrats get more people over the border?
    I don't care one way or the other about people coming over the border. But Trump is going to do that. He already said he is. You've been suckered. When he was running he talked about a "big beautiful hole" in the wall you want so badly. When he was negotiating for amnesty he was talking bigger numbers than even Rubio.

See https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42825431 Really you are being played for a sucker. And all of this "Let's stop even the LEGAL immigrants" talk only helps the democrats. The legal immigrants are already here LEGALLY. Why should they support your agenda?

Liberty is more than just capitalism and capitalism is more than just money and power, your failure to understand that exposes your inadequate understanding of liberty or even capitalism.
    Singapore, an Asian country IS THE NUMBER 1 COUNTRY ON THE HERITAGE FOUNDATION LIBERTY INDEX! You don't know jack about liberty, capitalism, or even basic arithmetic.

You are evading the point, most immigrants vote Demoncrat and those that vote Republican vote for Swampublicans like Rubio, they help undermine liberty either way.
    Up until recently most Asian immigrants voted republican. It was overwhelming. People like you are self defeating.

The Boers have been there since the 1600s, they are no more immigrants than you or I, most of the blacks that have taken over mostly came from outside much more recently,
    1) The Boers never assimilated at that is your litmus test for "good immigrants."

2) LOL at your lie about "most blacks came mostly from the outside." Most of the blacks in South Africa are from South Africa.

I disagree but I'm not going to continue to argue a point that isn't my primary argument.
    You don't have a primary point. Or a secondary for that matter.

Singapore, an Asian country IS THE NUMBER 1 COUNTRY ON THE HERITAGE FOUNDATION LIBERTY INDEX! You don't know jack about liberty, capitalism, or even basic arithmetic.
    A liberty index biased towards money issues as most liberaltarian liberty indices are, in any case perhaps we should have more immigrants from Singapore than from most other places but we still need to keep their numbers low enough for assimilation.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A liberty index biased towards money issues as most liberaltarian liberty indices are, in any case perhaps we should have more immigrants from Singapore than from most other places but we still need to keep their numbers low enough for assimilation.
    So according to you to be pro liberty you must be anti capitalism, against people who seek to improve their wealth, be against family, and be for having no constitution in the border area. Got it.

Up until recently most Asian immigrants voted republican. It was overwhelming. People like you are self defeating.
    They voted for Swampublicans.
    Even if they voted for good Republicans that would make them an exception, immigrants overall vote Demoncrat at above average rates and we need to limit immigration, if the Asians don't want to let us limit immigration then they are indirectly strengthening the Demoncrats with all the other immigrants they want to let in.
    And again if they were liberty oriented but wanted open borders they would vote libertarian, the fact that they are voting Demoncrat proves they don't care about liberty, they just care about money, power and flooding us with their relatives.

1) The Boers never assimilated at that is your litmus test for "good immigrants."
    Most of the land was empty when the Boers arrived so there was nobody to assimilate into, in those areas where they could be considered immigrants/invaders then they like the Europeans in America are another example of what we don't want to allow here.

2) LOL at your lie about "most blacks came mostly from the outside." Most of the blacks in South Africa are from South Africa.
    Most of the black in S. Africa are descended from people who came from farther north and the Boers should have not let so many in because they didn't assimilate and have now taken over and are dispossessing the Boers and preparing to kill them.

You don't have a primary point. Or a secondary for that matter.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So according to you to be pro liberty you must be anti capitalism, against people who seek to improve their wealth, be against family, and be for having no constitution in the border area. Got it.
    I did not say any of that, thank you for demonstrating that you can't win the argument.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jesus Christ this thread got huge.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Result doesnt make any sense assuming nothing negative that would change opinions about the incumbent arose during the campaign. Im calling rigged. Its ridiculously hard to oust incumbents in the first place. But ousting an incumbent with a muslim in NH running first campaign? Yeah sorry not buying it.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-16-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Result doesnt make any sense assuming nothing negative that would change opinions about the incumbent arose during the campaign. Im calling rigged. Its ridiculously hard to oust incumbents in the first place. But ousting an incumbent with a muslim in NH running first campaign? Yeah sorry not buying it.
    Either the incumbent threw the race as part of the left's anti-white and pro-muslim campaigns or the Dems are reaping the wild wind from sowing anti-white and pro-muslim propaganda within their SJW voter base.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They voted for Swampublicans.
    Even if they voted for good Republicans that would make them an exception, immigrants overall vote Demoncrat at above average rates and we need to limit immigration, if the Asians don't want to let us limit immigration then they are indirectly strengthening the Demoncrats with all the other immigrants they want to let in.
    And again if they were liberty oriented but wanted open borders they would vote libertarian, the fact that they are voting Demoncrat proves they don't care about liberty, they just care about money, power and flooding us with their relatives.
    Republicans don't do anything that would encourage immigrants to vote for them. Instead they attack them and say they are unwelcome and then wonder why they won't vote Republican. They actually agree with Republicans on many issues.

Most of the black in S. Africa are descended from people who came from farther north and the Boers should have not let so many in because they didn't assimilate and have now taken over and are dispossessing the Boers and preparing to kill them.
    That would make most Americans foreigners. Let's get rid of all the foreigners!

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    But I was told migrants/refugees/immigrants/demographic invaders don't vote for more government.
    Of course, they do. America is a buffet line for them. And it doesn't matter what color they are. Brown, yellow or white. All locusts. Pat Buchanan is right about a 10 year moratorium.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    We had war declared on us...damn shame...but not my doing.
    Backdoor communism is here, under the guise of liberty. We suffered major losses during the New Deal and later with LBJ's Great Society initiative, but the domestics wouldn't swallow the final dose. The 'New' Americans have no such reluctance.

Republicans don't do anything that would encourage immigrants to vote for them. Instead they attack them and say they are unwelcome and then wonder why they won't vote Republican. They actually agree with Republicans on many issues.
    Not destroying liberty nearly as bad as the Demoncrats should be enough, even if immigrants just can't bring themselves to vote for people who want to limit future immigration they should all be voting Libertarian, the fact that they vote Demoncrat proves they don't care about liberty.

That would make most Americans foreigners. Let's get rid of all the foreigners!
    The Injuns are welcome to try.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Either the incumbent threw the race as part of the left's anti-white and pro-muslim campaigns or the Dems are reaping the wild wind from sowing anti-white and pro-muslim propaganda within their SJW voter base.
    Throwing is a possibility but that would generally require the negative change of opinion of the incumbent for some reason. Incumbents have large campaign accounts from PAC donations to plaster signs and whatnot. People vote for the name they know. If incumbent did something really stupid that the local media jumped all over I could see it. Barring something like that, an organic win of a first time muslim in lily white NH over an incumbent makes no electoral sense whatsoever.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast