Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dianne Feinstein Acknowledges Having A Secret Brett Kavanaugh Document

Dianne Feinstein Acknowledges Having A Secret Brett Kavanaugh Document

Getting ready to Judge Roy Moore him?

“I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court," Feinstein said. "That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further, and I have honored that decision. I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities.”

BuzzFeed News contacted the woman believed to be the subject of the letter at her home last week. She declined to comment. BuzzFeed News has not been able to confirm the contents of the letter.

The lawyer believed to be representing the woman was seen leaving Capitol Hill Wednesday evening shortly after the Intercept story dropped and just as Judiciary Committee Democrats were huddling in the Senate lobby. The lawyer, Debra Katz, has not confirmed that she is representing the woman. She also declined to comment Wednesday, saying “there’s nothing to say.”
    Multiple sources have told HuffPost that the document in question is a letter sent to Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) that concerns potential sexual misconduct involving Kavanaugh and a woman when they were both in high school.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/dianne-fe...170246446.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In high school??!!

I mean, they always told me about things going on my "permanent record", but I always thought it was a threat. Damn, these Dems have lost their minds.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Desperation always looks bad.
    "The Patriarch"

They're going to try and RoyMoore him with #MeToo.... it'll be a bogus accusation, but that's all you need is an accusation.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Oh FFS!... & Feinstein is as pure as the driven snow, eh?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

LOL

I don't care how this turns out, if Kavanaugh survives it will drive the left nuts and he will be better than most SCOTUS justices and if he goes down it will energize Republican turnout and we will get someone better like Lee hopefully.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    They're going to try and RoyMoore him with #MeToo.... it'll be a bogus accusation, but that's all you need is an accusation.
    Wouldn't a "Clarence Thomas" him be more apropos?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

I don't care how this turns out, if Kavanaugh survives it will drive the left nuts and he will be better than most SCOTUS justices and if he goes down it will energize Republican turnout and we will get someone better like Lee hopefully.
    Send in the clowns..

"One time we were making out in the back of his car in high school and he touched my *HONK!!*"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Send in the clowns..

"One time we were making out in the back of his car in high school and he touched my *HONK!!*"
    Front hole?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Front hole?
    The "*HONK!!*" is to keep you from hearing that the word is "Elbow".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I have received information concerning Dianne Feinstein. I will not inform you of the nature of this information, the source of the information, or pretty much anything about it. Suffice it to say she eats small children.

(I stole that one)
    "The Patriarch"

LOL

According to the Washington Post, The FBI won't investigate the allegations lodged against Kavanaugh, so he'll simply be tainted with the spectre of a nebulous accusation for the rest of his career. Perhaps we can read about it someday the alleged victim's book.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...t-come-forward

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If you were locked in a room with Aqua Buddha, you wouldn't think this is so funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Make sure you stay on the right side of the reservation and support the torture loving warmonger Jesuit. Cuz Feinstein.

(Gosh, it sure is easy to get people to back terrible politicians and justices. Just tell them that the Dems hate the candidate/nominee and suddenly the candidate/nominee is an instant beacon of conservatism! Everything of substance about the candidate/nominee goes out the window.)
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Make sure you stay on the right side of the reservation and support the torture loving warmonger Jesuit. Cuz Feinstein.

(Gosh, it sure is easy to get people to back terrible politicians and justices. Just tell them that the Dems hate the candidate/nominee and suddenly the candidate/nominee is an instant beacon of conservatism! Everything of substance about the candidate/nominee goes out the window.)
    So true^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    If you were locked in a room with Aqua Buddha, you wouldn't think this is so funny.
    True...

Democrats know they don’t have the votes to oppose Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court, so they’re throwing whatever they can at the him, hoping something sticks.
    The latest “Hail Mary” from the opposition party comes in the form of follow-up questions submitted by lawmakers after Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing before the U.S. Senate.
    It’s normal for lawmakers to present Supreme Court nominees with written requests for clarification following the candidate's spoken testimony. It’s also normal for the nominee to be given a week to submit written responses.

What’s not normal is for the nominee to be asked 1,278 follow-up questions.
    The number of post-hearing inquiries submitted to Kavanaugh is greater than the combined total for every Supreme Court justice in U.S. history, according to Judiciary Committee Chairman Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa.
    Of the 1,278 questions asked of Kavanaugh, only nine came from members of the Republican Party. Grassley asked eight questions. Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., asked one.
    In contrast, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., asked 241 follow-up questions. That’s more than the Senate asked of either Justice Elena Kagan or Justice Sonia Sotomayor during their respective confirmations.
    The number of follow-ups asked of Kavanaugh is four times greater than the number asked of Justice Neil Gorsuch when he was being confirmed to the Supreme Court. Heck, even the late Robert Bork, whose confirmation was torpedoed ruthlessly by Democrats, was asked only 15 follow-up questions.
    Regarding Kavanaugh's situation, some of the submitted questions are interesting. The great majority of them are not.
    Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., for example, tried his best to get Kavanaugh to admit to having a gambling addiction.

You can read all 1,278 questions here.

More at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ch-are-idiotic

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Well, didn't see this one coming:

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well, didn't see this one coming:

“The way it was, was right. The way it is, is wrong,” the 85-year-old justice said during a discussion at George Washington University Law School, prompting a round of applause.
    Ruth Bader Ginsburg was confirmed to the bench by a Senate vote of 96-3, just two months after she was nominated by former President Bill Clinton. The openly liberal justice said Wednesday that the “atmosphere” back then was “truly bipartisan.”
    “The vote on my confirmation was 96-3, even though I had spent about 10 years of my life litigating cases under the auspices of the ACLU,” she said.
    “No senator asked me any questions — not about that,” she said.
    She also made note that the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was confirmed 98-0 despite his conservative views.
    “Think of Justice Scalia, who’s certainly a known character in, what was it? 1986,” she said. “The vote was unanimous, every Democrat and every Republican voted for him.
    “That’s the way it should be, instead of what it’s become, which is a highly partisan show. The Republicans move in lockstep, and so do the Democrats. I wish I could wave a magic wand and have it go back to the way it was,” she added.
    In a rare comment Donald Trump Jr. also agreed with Justice Ginsberg.
    I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with the notorious RBG! Dems take a hint and vote for Kavanaugh en masse!
    Justice Ginsburg Criticizes 'Highly Partisan' Confirmation Process; https://t.co/3shg2TKotq via @cnsnews
    — Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) September 13, 2018
    They have sown the wind with their voters and now they will reap the wild wind.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pretty sure most of us aren't saying that - only that this attempt is shady as all hell. All through the confirmation hearings not-a-one of the Dems (or repugs, for that matter) made an issue of his support of the surveillance state or trashing of the 4th Amendment. I mean, they have more than enough ammo on this guy based on his judicial rulings and other expressed opinions, but they're not touching those - because they're all part of the government party. So they play the soap opera kabuki theater game.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Oh FFS!... & Feinstein is as pure as the driven snow, eh?
    I know a guy who was raped by her in the Penn State locker room back in '96.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

A woman is accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of attempting to sexually assault her by locking her in a room and forcing himself on her at a party while they were both in high school.
    Kavanaugh, in a statement to The New Yorker, which broke the details of the encounter, denied the claim.
    “I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation,” he said. “I did not do this back in high school or at any time.”
    The woman, whose identity is still not public, sent Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) a letter in the summer, after Kavanaugh was nominated, sharing her concerns about him.
    From The New Yorker:

The allegation dates back to the early nineteen-eighties, when Kavanaugh was a high-school student at Georgetown Preparatory School, in Bethesda, Maryland, and the woman attended a nearby high school. In the letter, the woman alleged that, during an encounter at a party, Kavanaugh held her down, and that he attempted to force himself on her. She claimed in the letter that Kavanaugh and a classmate of his, both of whom had been drinking, turned up music that was playing in the room to conceal the sound of her protests, and that Kavanaugh covered her mouth with his hand. She was able to free herself. Although the alleged incident took place decades ago and the three individuals involved were minors, the woman said that the memory had been a source of ongoing distress for her, and that she had sought psychological treatment as a result.
    The classmate who was reportedly with Kavanaugh said he has “no recollection” of the incident.
    CNN also reported that Kavanaugh allegedly tried to remove the woman’s clothes and that she later sought medical treatment:

Both men were drunk, she said, and Kavanaugh attempted to remove her clothes.
    At one point, Kavanaugh was on top of her laughing as the other male in the room periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh.
    Kavanaugh held his hand over her mouth at one point, and she said she felt her life was inadvertently in danger.
    She said she was able to leave the room and go into a hallway bathroom. After Kavanaugh and the other male began talking to others in the house, she went home.
    There is no indication the woman reported the incident to law enforcement at the time, but she said she has received medical treatment regarding the alleged assault.
    Rumors of this letter and sexual misconduct allegations have been swirling for weeks on Capitol Hill, with reporters and other Democratic senators pressing Feinstein, the ranking member of the Judiciary Committee, to share the information.

Republicans dismissed the revelation about the letter on Thursday. And on Friday, Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) retweeted someone who was mocking it as a game of telephone.
    Theme song for this #BreakingNews yesterday:
    "Heard it from a friend who, heard from a friend who, heard it from another....." #Kavanaugh#Feinsteinhttps://t.co/0Pzl3yYvsy
    — Ronda Kay Moreland (@ProducerRondaK) September 14, 2018
    Charles Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, also released a letter Friday morning from 65 women who said they supported Kavanaugh.
    The offices of Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), who are considered possible “no” votes against Kavanaugh, did not immediately return a request for comment.
    The White House put out a statement on Thursday, calling the controversy an “11th hour attempt to delay” Kavanaugh’s confirmation. The Judiciary Committee is scheduled to vote on Kavanaugh on Sept. 20.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-all...145025772.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once again it is the WaPo that is able to line up the necessary funding for a woman from 35 years ago to come forward with an unprovable allegation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.b2410af03e7f
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

If the issue was his qualifications that would be a different matter. They are not discussing that. They are making up some nonsense that they want people to believe happened back in high school. That’s pretty close to slander.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

They would do the same, or worse, to a judge that passes muster with us.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    They would do the same, or worse, to a judge that passes muster with us.
    And they wouldn't do as much to one who was sufficiently worse than Kavanaugh, I want someone better if he goes down be we could have gotten much worse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Once again it is the WaPo that is able to line up the necessary funding for a woman from 35 years ago to come forward with an unprovable allegation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.b2410af03e7f
    And Gloria Allred that advises her.

Drudge headlines are suggesting K may get derailed:

CHRISTINE VS. BRETT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jke_kb1vBF8

Is GOP facing 'Roy Moore' type derailment all over again, albeit without help of Jarvanka in this case?

Related

Roy Moore Loses Senate To Dems: Trump Train De-Railed?

Allegations throw Kavanaugh confirmation into turmoil

By Jordain Carney - 09/16/18Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) — who could become Judiciary Committee chairman next year — said that he aligned himself with the statement “about the substance and process regarding the allegations in this latest claim.”
    Graham became the first Republican to open the door to a hearing from Ford, saying he would “gladly listen to what she has to say and compare that against all other information we have received about Judge Kavanaugh.”
    But he caveated that the testimony should happen within the current timeline for confirming Kavanaugh, “so the process can continue as scheduled.”
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4...n-into-turmoil

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast