Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dianne Feinstein Acknowledges Having A Secret Brett Kavanaugh Document

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    “Saint” has recently been bestowed upon St. McCain, so it’s too early for her to be given the title of “Saint”.
    The canonization is invalid since they failed to even appoint a token devil's advocate.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hours after Hillary Clinton sidestepped a question involving her husband's rape allegations, one of Bill Clinton's accusers, Juanita Broaddrick, demanded an FBI investigation into her claim that the former President committed a "forcible, brutal rape" in a Little Rock, Arkansas hotel room on April 25, 1978 in which she says Clinton nearly bit her lip off.

Broaddrick described the incident in a 2016 interview:
    And he grabbed me again, very forcefully. And started biting on my top lip. And this was extremely painful. I thought he was going to bite my lip off. And that’s when he pushed me back onto the bed.
    I was completely dressed. I had a skirt and a blouse. He tore the waist of my skirt. And then he ripped my pantyhose. And he raped me. It was very vicious. I was just pinned down… I did not know what to do. I was so frightened. -Juanita Broaddrick, 2016
    The former nursing home administrator also claimed in January 2016 that Hillary Clinton "tried to silence" her:
    I was 35 years old when Bill Clinton, Ark. Attorney General raped me and Hillary tried to silence me. I am now 73....it never goes away.
    — Juanita Broaddrick (@atensnut) January 6, 2016
    Hillary dodges the question...
    Appearing on MSNBC with host Rachel Maddow Tuesday night to discuss an 11th hour accusation levied against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Clinton completely ignored the question over whether we have learned anything about "due process" in the aftermath of the Bill Clinton rape allegations.
    Maddow questioned, "Your husband when he was president faced allegations that were not the same as this, certainly, but had connections to these kinds of old allegations from years ago. And I know you had concerns at the time. Your husband certainly had concerns at the time that he never really had due process to defend himself from allegations like this. Have we learned anything over the years about due process not just for the accusers but also for the accused?"
    Clinton - who once tweeted that "every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported," promptly changed the focus from her husband to Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Kavanaugh of an attempted rape 35 years ago - saying that Ford's due process rights are paramount.
    Hours later, Broaddrick tweeted: "If you want the FBI to go back that far @HillaryClinton @MSNBC to investigate Ford’s allegations.... let’s investigate my RAPE allegations against Bill Clinton, too. Seems only fair."
    If you want the FBI to go back that far @HillaryClinton @MSNBC to investigate Ford’s allegations.... let’s investigate my RAPE allegations against Bill Clinton, too. Seems only fair.
    — Juanita Broaddrick (@atensnut) September 19, 2018

My case has NEVER BEEN litigated or investigated. My records are still sealed. Only NBC investigated. https://t.co/DzDocz5FxE
    Yeah, Eric, I agree......just like they swooped in and investigated my Rape Allegations against Bill Clinton.....NOT! https://t.co/7y8wRXBdKa
    Amen. https://t.co/lW9CK90XZC
    — Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) September 19, 2018
    If Hillary Clinton was President right now, and was trying to push a Merrick Garland vote, and a woman came out of the woodwork and made 35 year old allegations about him, the left would attack HER character relentlessly.

Just how Hillary Clinton did here. pic.twitter.com/CBdWEbNZnm
    — Mike (@Fuctupmind) September 19, 2018
    Broaddrick went on record in October, 2016 with Breitbart, during which the obviously shaken Clinton accuser offered vivid details of the 1970's encounter with the then Governor of Arkansas that left her traumatized for decades.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...illary-bobbles

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    The irony is that many of these same liberals want to force businesses to hire people with a criminal record.
    I'd like @tod evans to weigh in on this...

Cant force any Behavior from anyone.

Two sides on that. First is the freedom to hire the best candidate free of govt interference. That means some discrimination against ex felons. I would not want to be forced to hire someone with a pattern and history of aggravated assault either. Other side is Three Felonies Per Day. Some people are just flat out unlucky in dealing with cops. They (like me) get arrested for retarded $#@!. Like making a snowman on christmas in my friends front yard and being charged with Violation of Curfew.

I think a real solution here requires multiple corrections. First, get rid of the Plea Bargain. People are pleading guilty to charges when they are truly innocent just to avoid longer sentences. Bully says "give me your lunch money". You usually respond with a prompt "$#@! off". Then they bloody your face, and say "give me your lunch money" again. Youre more likely to give them your lunch money after each successive punch.

Next big correction to our justice system is to get Govt the $#@! out of hiring practices. Cant discriminate. Cant hire someone without a license. Must hire someone that is unable to do a job. This is also a double edged sword, as we have a genuine need to have some discrimination, which I think is one of many things needed to quit giving illegal immigrants American jobs. Cant speak english should be valid cause to not hire someone. Remember always that the Govt Solution to ANY problem is far too often WORSE than the original problem itself.

Next, we have an issue with "Criminal History". If a person goes to jail for a crime, and they have paid their debt to society, then they have paid their $#@!ing debt. This is more cultural than legal. If someone goes to jail for something, and "did their time", then its done, its over, let it be and move on and look to the future. I think we will have much better results even if we have a risk of discrimination for ANY reason, including looking at Criminal History, with reasonable exceptions. The other side of hiring people that have gone to jail for a "Crime" again relates to Three Felonies Per Day because our Corrections Facilities do exactly jack and $#@! for actually "Correcting", and Jack left town. People who have spent any significant time in prison come out heavily changed, and havent been corrected AT ALL. They've never been shown a better path. Would any drug dealer in their right mind actually think that working for Minimum Wage at McDonalds will open up more opportunities than going back to dealing drugs?

Tod - I'd like you to weigh in on the District Attorneys and Plea Bargains. May want to split the thread tho because my post is exceptionally off topic of the OP and I dont want to derail...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

Two sides on that. First is the freedom to hire the best candidate free of govt interference. That means some discrimination against ex felons. I would not want to be forced to hire someone with a pattern and history of aggravated assault either. Other side is Three Felonies Per Day. Some people are just flat out unlucky in dealing with cops. They (like me) get arrested for retarded $#@!. Like making a snowman on christmas in my friends front yard and being charged with Violation of Curfew.

I think a real solution here requires multiple corrections. First, get rid of the Plea Bargain. People are pleading guilty to charges when they are truly innocent just to avoid longer sentences. Bully says "give me your lunch money". You usually respond with a prompt "$#@! off". Then they bloody your face, and say "give me your lunch money" again. Youre more likely to give them your lunch money after each successive punch.

Next big correction to our justice system is to get Govt the $#@! out of hiring practices. Cant discriminate. Cant hire someone without a license. Must hire someone that is unable to do a job. This is also a double edged sword, as we have a genuine need to have some discrimination, which I think is one of many things needed to quit giving illegal immigrants American jobs. Cant speak english should be valid cause to not hire someone. Remember always that the Govt Solution to ANY problem is far too often WORSE than the original problem itself.

Next, we have an issue with "Criminal History". If a person goes to jail for a crime, and they have paid their debt to society, then they have paid their $#@!ing debt. This is more cultural than legal. If someone goes to jail for something, and "did their time", then its done, its over, let it be and move on and look to the future. I think we will have much better results even if we have a risk of discrimination for ANY reason, including looking at Criminal History, with reasonable exceptions. The other side of hiring people that have gone to jail for a "Crime" again relates to Three Felonies Per Day because our Corrections Facilities do exactly jack and $#@! for actually "Correcting", and Jack left town. People who have spent any significant time in prison come out heavily changed, and havent been corrected AT ALL. They've never been shown a better path. Would any drug dealer in their right mind actually think that working for Minimum Wage at McDonalds will open up more opportunities than going back to dealing drugs?

Tod - I'd like you to weigh in on the District Attorneys and Plea Bargains. May want to split the thread tho because my post is exceptionally off topic of the OP and I dont want to derail...
    Good God, what a lot to address.....

First off government mandates never work for anyone but government...

So absolutely no more mandates/laws/quotas/diversity/ equality or any other words for government interference in private business.

DA's.............The lowest form of life bar none...

DA's must be corralled, neutered and dehorned before trying to domesticate them. Right now they're viewed on par with the canine "officer" in that they're not responsible when they tear the throat out of the poor doper on the corner....

To neuter them their own livelihood must be at stake when they file charges and the citizenry must hold them accountable...Not every X number of years at the ballot box, that doesn't work.... Every charge filed must be justified, I'd suggest 3 people of the victims choosing, 3 of the accused choosing and 3 from the local diner chosen at will....If 5 people of the 9 disagree with any charge filed then the DA must be liable to the accused in both time and money....5 offences in a year would be a lifetime loss of legal licence and forcible eviction from the county..

To dehorn a DA simply say every case must be heard by a jury of 12 people who have no family members receiving a check from the government for any reason, that would include cousins and inlaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Kavanaugh's accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, has a hazy recollection of the incident, admitting she doesn't specifically remember the year it happened, where the incident occurred, whose house it was, how she got there, and whether Kavanaugh and a witness (who denies the account) were already upstairs when she went up, and how she got home that night.
    ... More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ublicly-monday
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley on Wednesday unloaded a torrent of criticism on Sen. Dianne Feinstein for her handling of the sexual assault accusations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, telling the ranking Democrat on the committee, "I cannot overstate how disappointed I am."
    Saying Feinstein "chose to sit on the allegations until a politically opportune moment," Grassley demanded she immediately turn over an unredacted copy of the letter from Kavanaugh's accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, that Feinstein received July 30.
    Feinstein, D-Calif., shared the letter with federal authorities and other senators only last week, days before a key Judiciary Committee vote on Kavanaugh's confirmation, after a leak about the letter was published in The Intercept. Republicans have accused Democrats of orchestrating that leak.
    Grassley, R-Iowa, who called the document a "significant piece of evidence in Judge Kavanaugh's confirmation process," said that despite multiple requests, he still has access only to a redacted copy of the letter included in supplemental background materials provided by the FBI to a select group of senators.

He asserted that he needs the full version of the document in order to "prepare for Monday's hearings" into the allegations against Kavanaugh.

Meanwhile, Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill tweeted Wednesday night that she would not vote for Kavanaugh. In her message, she explicitly wrote that his legal rulings and ideology, and not the allegations by Ford, were the reason for her decision. McCaskill is locked in a tight re-election race in a red state that Trump won handily in 2016.

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ointed-am.html
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 09-19-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As Collins Appears to Side With Kavanaugh Over Assault Allegation, Group Issues Warning: Women Won't Forget

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-warning-women

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) said Wednesday that Christine Blasey Ford's decision not to testify at the Senate hearing on her assault allegations would be "not fair" to Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

Women's rights advocates and critics on social media shared their disgust on Wednesday after Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) appeared to side with U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh regarding sexual assault allegations against him, and chastise his accuser for indicating that she would likely not testify at a hearing on the matter.

In an interview with WVOM, a radio station in Maine, Collins said Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's failure to appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee to testify about her claim that Kavanaugh assaulted her when they were both in high school would be "not fair" to the federal judge.

"It's not fair for Judge Kavanaugh for her not to come forward and testify" either in a private session with the panel or publicly, Collins said. "I just don't understand why the hearing shouldn't go forth."

"It is both extremely disturbing and a grave insult to women in Maine and across the country that Senator Collins is buying into the Trump tactic of undermining survivors and trying to bully Dr. Blasey Ford," said Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL, in a statement. "Every shred of evidence points to the fact that Dr. Ford, who has everything to lose and nothing to gain from this vicious process, is telling the truth, and that Brett Kavanaugh has lied over and over again."

Senate Democrats, women's rights groups, and Ford herself have called for an FBI investigation into her allegations of sexual assault—but the Republican-led Judiciary Committee has revealed its intention of pushing through a hearing as quickly as possible, forcing Ford to choose between telling her story to the nation without a federal investigation backing up her claims, or not telling it at all.

Ford has said she is open to testifying before the committee—but not until the FBI conducts an investigation of her claim, which she first sent to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) in July just after Kavanaugh was nominated.

A probe by federal investigators should be "the first step" before Ford is put "on national television to relive this traumatic and harrowing incident," her lawyers said this week.

"If it's truly Senator Collins' intention to side with Brett Kavanaugh over Dr. Blasey Ford, she will never again be able to claim the mantle of an ally to women or survivors, and that is not something that women will ever forget—not next week, not next month, and not in 2020 when she's up for reelection," said Hogue.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

Yeah, I agree it sucks to make one mistake and have that lower your chances for employment for the rest of your life. Or not even a mistake, just a bad law or cop. But as you said the solution is not to outlaw discrimination, that just makes it way worse. One way to help the situation would be to reform the liability laws for employers. Employers can be sued for things their employees do that they have no control over. Which really sucks for the employer because at the same time the government wants them to hire people with criminal records. Then they get sued when an employee beats up a customer. Smaller government in general would help a lot because there'd be more jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Yeah, I agree it sucks to make one mistake and have that lower your chances for employment for the rest of your life. Or not even a mistake, just a bad law or cop. But as you said the solution is not to outlaw discrimination, that just makes it way worse. One way to help the situation would be to reform the liability laws for employers. Employers can be sued for things their employees do that they have no control over. Which really sucks for the employer because at the same time the government wants them to hire people with criminal records. Then they get sued when an employee beats up a customer. Smaller government in general would help a lot because there'd be more jobs.
    Agreed. And all the time, like you said, a bad cop, they are NEVER held accountable!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    As Collins Appears to Side With Kavanaugh Over Assault Allegation, Group Issues Warning: Women Won't Forget

Be sure to remember this when Roe v Wade is overturned!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Seems like the only witness to this incident has retracted her claim...she claims that Ford told everybody at the time it happened and Ford claims she told no one until 2012.

Woemen.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-warning-women
    LOL and now the Bolsheviks are calling her office in droves...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...f5J/story.html

Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her at a party 36 years ago, is willing to testify next week in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee, US media reported on Thursday.Blasey Ford's lawyers have told the committee she cannot appear at its hearing scheduled for Monday, calling the date Republicans set "arbitrary", according to the Washington Post and New York Times.
    Both cited an email the lawyers sent to the committee seeking to negotiate a new date for the hearing, after committee chairman Chuck Grassley set a deadline of Friday morning to agree to appear on Monday.
    The Monday date "is not possible and the committee's insistence that it occur then is arbitrary in any event," Blasey Ford's lawyers said.
    "As you are aware, she has been receiving death threats, which have been reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and she and her family have been forced out of their home," it said.
    "She wishes to testify, provided that we can agree on terms that are fair and which ensure her safety."
    They asked to hold discussions with the committee to set up a new date and conditions for the hearing.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/kavanaugh...194216356.html

This time next year would probably suit her.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Judge Brett Kavanaugh will be exonerated of wrongdoing and will be confirmed to his post on the US Supreme Court, according to Ed Whelan - a former clerk to USSC Justice Antonin Scalia and current president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center (EPPC), a conservative think tank.

Amid a series of cryptic and not-so-cryptic tweets in the last 48 hours, Whelan says: "By one week from today, I expect that Judge Kavanaugh will have been clearly vindicated on this matter. Specifically, I expect that compelling evidence will show his categorical denial to be truthful. There will be no cloud over him."
    By one week from today, I expect that Judge Kavanaugh will have been clearly vindicated on this matter. Specifically, I expect that compelling evidence will show his categorical denial to be truthful. There will be no cloud over him.
    — Ed Whelan (@EdWhelanEPPC) September 18, 2018
    Wahlen then followed up with a series of tweets suggesting that the accusation may have even been made in good-faith.
    "It’s precisely b/c sexual assault is so terrible that it is deeply unjust when someone is mistakenly (even good-faith mistakenly) accused of having committed it," he said. "Everyone should rejoice when the mistake is found."
    Sexual assault is a terrible thing. Its victims suffer grievously. It's precisely b/c sexual assault is so terrible that it is deeply unjust when someone is mistakenly (even good-faith mistakenly) accused of having committed it. Everyone should rejoice when the mistake is found.
    — Ed Whelan (@EdWhelanEPPC) September 20, 2018
    And the sooner the mistake is discovered, the better. https://t.co/szL3dPuyMw
    As Law and Crime notes:
    Is Whelan implying that Christine Ford has mistaken Kavanaugh for someone else ? Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) recently suggested, to the dismay of some, that this might be the case when he said Ford might be “mixed up.”
    Whelan did link to a Yahoo story saying this may be a case of “mistaken identity.”
    Meant to link to this item yesterday presenting this account. https://t.co/cY6whTwQaZ
    — Ed Whelan (@EdWhelanEPPC) September 19, 2018
    Whelan also says that Senator Feinstein "will soon be apologizing to Judge Kavanaugh."
    Senator Feinstein will soon be apologizing to Judge Kavanaugh. https://t.co/FeeuDmQNz1
    Impressive decency and generosity in the face of terrible suffering that will be shown to have been deeply unjust. https://t.co/rI08S3IPRU

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...augh-next-week

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford, who claims — without any evidence — that Kavanaugh inappropriately touched her at a drunken party while in high school, turns out to have ties to an abortion pill pharmaceutical company called Corcept Therapeutics. This discovery brings to light an obvious conflict of interest in Blasey’s story, revealing that she works for a pharmaceutical company that manufacturers an abortion pill drug, whose profits could be strongly impacted by future Supreme Court decisions on abortion rights. Corcept Therapeutics (Corcept.com) manufacturers and markets an abortion pill drug called mifepristone, and Christine Blasey Ford is a co-author of at least eight published scientific papers produced by the pharmaceutical giant to promote its pills. You can see Blasey’s name listed on several publications at this Corcept.com web page detailing their research papers.
    Corcept Therapeutics, Inc., a $166 billion market cap company (stock symbol CORT) reportedly has current annual sales of $216 million. The company offers just one drug, mifepristone, which is widely known as an “abortion pill” or RU-486. Many drugs have multiple uses, and mifepristone — brand name “Korlym” at Corcept — is currently marketed by the company for the treatment of Cushing’s syndrome. (h/t to The Gateway Pundit for initial work on this breaking story.)

Like all FDA-approved drugs, mifepristone is frequently prescribed off-label, meaning doctors prescribe it for conditions that it has never been approved to treat. It is well known throughout the medical industry that doctors routinely prescribe this drug to terminate unwanted pregnancies. It is a covert “abortion drug,” in other words.
    If Kavanaugh were to be confirmed on the U.S. Supreme Court and be part of a decision that overturns Roe vs. Wade, it would make the prescribing of Corcept’s drug for abortion illegal, directly impacting the bottom line profits of the company for which Christine Blasey works.

More at: https://www.infowars.com/kavanaugh-a...ustry-profits/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Judge Brett Kavanaugh will be exonerated of wrongdoing and will be confirmed to his post on the US Supreme Court, according to Ed Whelan - a former clerk to USSC Justice Antonin Scalia and current president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center (EPPC), a conservative think tank.

Amid a series of cryptic and not-so-cryptic tweets in the last 48 hours, Whelan says: "By one week from today, I expect that Judge Kavanaugh will have been clearly vindicated on this matter. Specifically, I expect that compelling evidence will show his categorical denial to be truthful. There will be no cloud over him."
    By one week from today, I expect that Judge Kavanaugh will have been clearly vindicated on this matter. Specifically, I expect that compelling evidence will show his categorical denial to be truthful. There will be no cloud over him.
    Wahlen then followed up with a series of tweets suggesting that the accusation may have even been made in good-faith.
    "It’s precisely b/c sexual assault is so terrible that it is deeply unjust when someone is mistakenly (even good-faith mistakenly) accused of having committed it," he said. "Everyone should rejoice when the mistake is found."
    Sexual assault is a terrible thing. Its victims suffer grievously. It's precisely b/c sexual assault is so terrible that it is deeply unjust when someone is mistakenly (even good-faith mistakenly) accused of having committed it. Everyone should rejoice when the mistake is found.
    And the sooner the mistake is discovered, the better. https://t.co/szL3dPuyMw
    As Law and Crime notes:
    Is Whelan implying that Christine Ford has mistaken Kavanaugh for someone else ? Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) recently suggested, to the dismay of some, that this might be the case when he said Ford might be “mixed up.”
    Whelan did link to a Yahoo story saying this may be a case of “mistaken identity.”
    Meant to link to this item yesterday presenting this account. https://t.co/cY6whTwQaZ
    Whelan also says that Senator Feinstein "will soon be apologizing to Judge Kavanaugh."
    Senator Feinstein will soon be apologizing to Judge Kavanaugh. https://t.co/FeeuDmQNz1
    Impressive decency and generosity in the face of terrible suffering that will be shown to have been deeply unjust. https://t.co/rI08S3IPRU

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...augh-next-week
    A new theory has emerged in the case of whether Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted accuser Christine Blasey Ford roughly 35 years ago; it was Kavanaugh's high school look-alike, whose high school house better fits Ford's description, and who kept in touch with the other guy allegedly in the room, Mark Judge.
    The theory was presented Thursday afternoon by Ed Whelan, a former clerk to USSC Justice Antonin Scalia and currently president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center (EPPC), a conservative think tank. Using entirely circumstantial evidence which could certainly ruin the life of the man at the center of the new theory, Whelan suggests that Kavanaugh's high school doppelgänger, Chris Garrett, may have in fact been responsible for Blasey Ford's recollection of the alleged incident.

Brett Kavanaugh (left), Chris Garrett (right)
    Earlier this week, Whelan tweeted "By one week from today, I expect that Judge Kavanaugh will have been clearly vindicated on this matter. Specifically, I expect that compelling evidence will show his categorical denial to be truthful. There will be no cloud over him."
    Update: Ford, who has had trouble remembering specifics about the alleged encounter, dismissed Whelan’s theory in a statement late Thursday according to the Washington Post: "I knew them both, and socialized with" the other classmate, Ford said, adding that she had once visited him in the hospital. "There is zero chance that I would confuse them."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...theory-emerges

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Christine Blasey Ford, the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, is reportedly willing to publicly testify in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee next Thursday.
    Lawyers for Ford told committee staffers during a call Thursday evening to negotiate details of a potential hearing that she wanted Kavanaugh to testify before her and she does not want to be in the same room as him, according to multiple reports.
    A source told CNN that Ford's lawyers are also opposed to an outside counsel being used to question her during a hearing, something that was being discussed by Republican senators to avoid the optics of 11 male GOP senators questioning Ford.

More at: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...hursday-report

What is the point of him testifying first? How can he respond to her accusations if she hasn't made them yet?..............................Oh, Yeah, that's the point isn't it?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I saw a news clip last evening about 2 teenage girls that were crazy drunk and acting stupid. They claim they must have been drugged. Why is it if a guy get stupid drunk he gets stupid drunk and has to accept responsibility for what he did or did not do and if a female gets stupid drunk she must have been drugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I saw a news clip last evening about 2 teenage girls that were crazy drunk and acting stupid. They claim they must have been drugged. Why is it if a guy get stupid drunk he gets stupid drunk and has to accept responsibility for what he did or did not do and if a female gets stupid drunk she must have been drugged?
    Misogynist!

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, we all know how well the FBI would investigate Hillary.

Why don't they subpoena her? Since when does the accuser get to dictate all the terms? Who's in charge here?!
    Are they ignoring the fact that they can subpoena because of the whole "careful - don't make ALL the woman angry" shtick? This is ridiculous and insulting to reality-based women.

On a lighter note:
    SC congressman jokes that Ruth Bader Ginsburg claims she was groped by Abraham Lincoln.
    S.C. Congressman Ralph Norman, a Republican up for re-election, told a crowd of people at a debate Thursday in Rock Hill, that Ruth Bader Ginsburg, an associate justice of the Supreme Court, said she had been assaulted by Abraham Lincoln.
    https://www.heraldonline.com/latest-...218735465.html
    Last edited by Valli6; 09-21-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Are they ignoring the fact that they can subpoena because of the whole "careful - don't make ALL the woman angry" shtick?
    Too late...but the best course of action is to just ignore it.

There is no logic, reason or words that will assuage that.

Christine Blasey Ford to speak with FBI about death threats

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/21/polit...h-fbi-threats/

September 21, 2018

Washington (CNN)Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who has accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, will speak to the FBI on Friday in San Francisco about the death threats against her, a source close to Ford tells CNN.

The FBI investigation pertains only to the threats Ford has received since coming public with her allegations last weekend; it is not about the assault accusations against the Supreme Court nominee.
    Ford has alleged that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in the early 1980s by pushing her into a bedroom at a party and attempting to remove her clothes. Kavanaugh has categorically denied the allegation.
    Democrats, and Ford, have pressed for an FBI investigation into the alleged incident, while Republicans and the White House have resisted calls for an FBI inquiry and have said that the Senate Judiciary Committee can handle an investigation into the allegations.
    Lawyers for Ford told Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley in a letter earlier this week that she has faced death threats that have compelled her family to leave their home.
    "She has been the target of vicious harassment and even death threats. As a result of these kind of threats, her family was forced to relocate out of their home. Her email has been hacked, and she has been impersonated online," the letter said.
    CNN has previously reported that Kavanaugh and his family have also received death threats.

The Senate Judiciary Committee chairman threatened to vote Monday on Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination unless the woman who has accused the nominee of sexual assault agrees to terms for her testimony by Friday night.
    The committee and the woman’s lawyers have been at an impasse in negotiations over the terms of her appearance before the committee. The head of the panel, Senator Chuck Grassley, said he would give her until 10 p.m. Friday to respond.
    The committee’s Republicans proposed a Wednesday hearing on a sexual assault allegation against Kavanaugh, a day earlier than his accuser is seeking, as both sides stepped up pressure over the terms of what would be explosive testimony. They rejected conditions sought by accuser Christine Blasey Ford, including her request to call other witnesses in addition to her and Kavanaugh.
    “I’m providing a notice of a vote to occur Monday in the event that Dr. Ford’s attorneys don’t respond or Dr. Ford decides not to testify,” Grassley said in a statement. “In the event that we can come to a reasonable resolution as I’ve been seeking all week, then I will postpone the committee vote to accommodate her testimony. ”

More at: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...gh-allegations

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

2 hrs. ...tick, tick, tick....

Minutes before a 10 p.m. deadline set by Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, an attorney for Christine Blasey Ford asked for another day to decide. Lawyer Debra Katz said the time limit’s “sole purpose is to bully Dr. Ford and deprive her of the ability to make a considered decision that has life-altering implications for her and her family.”
    https://apnews.com/8f5fc89473d8429f9...nate-testimony

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast