Thread: WaPo - Hurricane Florence "Trump is complicit"

Exclamation WaPo - Hurricane Florence "Trump is complicit"

Hurricane Florence: Washington Post declares Trump is 'complicit' for dangerous storm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ous-storm.html

The editorial board of the Washington Post has declared that President Trump is “complicit” for Hurricane Florence because of his views on climate change.

The massive storm has not made landfall yet, but the Post published a column on Wednesday headlined, “Another hurricane is about to batter our coast. Trump is complicit.”

The piece also notes that Trump has given “good advice” when issuing hurricane warnings via his Twitter feed before it launched an attack on the president.

“When it comes to extreme weather, Mr. Trump is complicit. He plays down humans’ role in increasing the risks, and he continues to dismantle efforts to address those risks. It is hard to attribute any single weather event to climate change. But there is no reasonable doubt that humans are priming the Earth’s systems to produce disasters,” the editorial board wrote.

Billionaire Jeff Bezos’ paper then quotes a climate researcher who said that previous hurricanes would not have produced so much rain without “human-induced climate change” and Florence is another indication of global warming.

“With depressingly ironic timing, the Trump administration announced Tuesday a plan to roll back federal rules on methane, a potent greenhouse gas that is the main component in natural gas. Drillers and transporters of the fuel were supposed to be more careful about letting it waft into the atmosphere, which is nothing more than rank resource waste that also harms the environment,” the Post’s editorial board wrote. “The Trump administration has now attacked all three pillars of President Barack Obama’s climate-change plan.”

The piece concluded: “The president has cemented the GOP’s legacy as one of reaction and reality denial. Sadly, few in his party appear to care.”

Conservative strategist Chris Barron told Fox News that the mainstream media ‘finds new ways to embarrass themselves and further erode Americans confidence in them” on a daily basis.

“This column is so absurd it should be coming from The Onion not the Washington Post. To the extent that climate change is happening, it is a global phenomenon that has been occurring for decades and decades,” Barron said. “The media won’t give Trump credit for the economy but they will blame him for a hurricane. You can’t make this stuff up.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He conspired with Putin to hurt red states?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

its already weakened to a Cat 3. I'm sure there will be bad flooding but the extremist fear mongering of this being the worst storm to ever hit the Atlantic coast.... I'm calling it now, it won't be so bad.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    its already weakened to a Cat 3. I'm sure there will be bad flooding but the extremist fear mongering of this being the worst storm to ever hit the Atlantic coast.... I'm calling it now, it won't be so bad.
    I know...at TWC they sounded disappointed.

These weather people and government media organs should be throat punched for this $#@!, and it happens all the time.

For $#@!'s sake...the US has bad weather at times, always has.

In the spring you get tornadoes, in the summer you get massive heat, in the fall you get hurricanes and forest fires, in the winter, brutal cold and blizzards.

They are running around with their hair on fire over the west coast Florida red tides.

This is a naturally occurring phenomenon, that was documented by the Spanish sailors and explorers in the 16th century.

So are massive, powerful hurricanes.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-14-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Cat 3 barely and dropping.. to 115. (at last peek)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Cat 3 barely and dropping.. to 115. (at last peek)
    The Post editorial board must be devastated.
    "The Patriarch"

He plays down humans’ role in increasing the risks, and he continues to dismantle efforts to address those risks.
    The single biggest thing to increase “risks” and damage from hurricanes is ever increasing development in danger zones. Go ahead, build a house on the beach or a flood plain, but don’t come crying to the taxpayers when your home gets destroyed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The single biggest thing to increase “risks” and damage from hurricanes is ever increasing development in danger zones. Go ahead, build a house on the beach or a flood plain, but don’t come crying to the taxpayers when your home gets destroyed.
    Or Build with that in mind..

There are many fine old Homes that have weathered storms for a Century..

and a lot of crap and overpriced constructions that will be blown away.

Like the story goes... straw sticks and bricks
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Blaming Trump for a hurricane?
    This kind of nonsense is why no one takes the media seriously anymore.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

But the people who can afford to often times are the ones who write the checks to the politicians who decide to cover it... and those that aren't... well its a way for the politicians to buy votes.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

This has to be some kind of record.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I had no idea Trump and I were so much alike . Complicit for every hurricane . Oh well , learn something every day . Thank you commie leftists for all the wisdom you share . LOL .$#@!ing retards.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    But the people who can afford to often times are the ones who write the checks to the politicians who decide to cover it... and those that aren't... well its a way for the politicians to buy votes.
    Privatize the gains, socialize the losses...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    This has to be some kind of record.
    Survivors of Stalin and Mao would recognize the slippery slope we are sliding down...

Trump's hurricane, Obama's economy

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    If that is confirmed, he shouldn't have to step down.
    It's been Cat2 since yesterday.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=2

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If you look at the geography of North Carolina you will see that this storm is tracked to travel well inland. Hurricane Hugo was 1989. Charlotte had heavy flood damage and they are 200 miles inland.

Where do you think people should live? Not the Midwest because tornadoes. Not the West because earthquakes. Not the north because of the reason.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    If you look at the geography of North Carolina you will see that this storm is tracked to travel well inland. Hurricane Hugo was 1989. Charlotte had heavy flood damage and they are 200 miles inland.

Where do you think people should live? Not the Midwest because tornadoes. Not the West because earthquakes. Not the north because of the reason.
    I have lived inland. I have seen areas that almost every winter were flooded and were standing water for a month or more. Those areas made great farmland. Today, those areas are packed with houses, condos, apartments and strip malls. Despite the best modern drainage systems, there will come a time when too much rain will once again overwhelm and flood those areas.

How about don’t build on flood plains. How about not import 100s of millions of people into the US?

I have lived inland. I have seen areas that almost every winter were flooded and were standing water for a month or more. Those areas made great farmland. Today, those areas are packed with houses, condos, apartments and strip malls. Despite the best modern drainage systems, there will come a time when too much rain will once again overwhelm and flood those areas.

How about don’t build on flood plains. How about not import 100s of millions of people into the US?
    This is ridiculous. Our scientist already have plans and we all are going to be dead in 100 years.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DnEDbA6U8AA8cO6.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	6114
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DnEDbA6U8AA8cO6.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	6114
    It was detained at the border and 3 Cats were denied entry.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It was detained at the border and 3 Cats were denied entry.
    LOL
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom