Thread: Ken Starr: I almost charged Hillary Clinton with perjury

Ken Starr: I almost charged Hillary Clinton with perjury

https://nypost.com/2018/09/11/ken-st...n-with-perjury

September 11, 2018

[IMG]https://********************************/2018/09/ken-starr-hillary-clinton.jpg[/IMG]

Former independent counsel Ken Starr was so frustrated with Hillary Clinton’s answers during the 1990s Whitewater probe that he considered charging her with perjury, the prosecutor reveals in a new tell-all.

The then-first lady repeatedly said she “did not recall” during questioning about the suicide of White House adviser Vince Foster, Starr wrote.

“I was upset over Mrs. Clinton’s performance, and was even considering bringing the matter before the Washington grand jury for possible indictment on perjury,” Starr writes in “Contempt: A Memoir of the Clinton Investigation,” which hits bookshelves Tuesday.

Fox News Channel obtained an advance copy of the book, chronicling Starr’s dealings with President Bill Clinton and the first lady, which stemmed from their Whitewater land deal.

“In the space of three hours, she claimed, by our count, over a hundred times that she ‘did not recall’ or ‘did not remember,’ ” Starr recounted of a Jan. 22, 1995, deposition of the future secretary of state.

This suggested outright mendacity. To be sure, human memory is notoriously fallible, but her strained performance struck us as preposterous.”

Starr said he eventually opted against seeking criminal charges against Hillary Clinton because it would have been hard to prove she lied.

“You have to be able to prove the case,” Starr told FNC’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Monday.

“There are clear differences between what the prosecutor knows and what the prosecutor can prove.”

He added, “We just did not have the evidence to bring those charges.”

Starr, who went on to become law school dean at Pepperdine University and chancellor at Baylor University, will be best known for his probe of President Clinton’s fling with intern Monica Lewinsky.

It led to Clinton’s impeachment in the House and acquittal in the Senate. Starr said he “deeply” regrets that he “took on the Lewinsky phase of the investigation.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yawn, his job was to derail the investigation into the Klintons' real crimes and he did an excellent job, now he is just trying to sell books.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yawn, his job was to derail the investigation into the Klintons' real crimes and he did an excellent job, now he is just trying to sell books.
    If I’m not mistaken he voted for Hillary in the election.

So close...here, have a cookie
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?