Thread: Inflation In Iran: Will Gold Come To The Rescue?

Inflation In Iran: Will Gold Come To The Rescue?

Inflation In Iran: Will Gold Come To The Rescue?

Iranian monetary policies, coupled with crippling U.S. sanctions, have caused a massive fall in the Iranian rial. Some Iranians are using gold to pay their rent, along with other financial transactions. Real money like gold always makes its return, but must we constantly wait for financial crisis in order to do the right things?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Iran doesn't want gold used for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Iranian state TV says police have arrested a man who was hoarding two tons of gold coins in order to manipulate the market. The Wednesday report quotes Tehran police chief Gen. Hossein Rahimi as saying the 58-year-old suspect had accomplices who helped him collect the coins over the past 10 months. He did not identify the suspect, who state media referred to as the “Sultan of Coins.”
    Two tons would be the equivalent of around 250,000 coins.

More at: https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...hoarding-gold/

Iran plans to offer price and tax incentives to private investors to take over idle state projects and help boost the economy, state media reported on Saturday, as the country faces likely U.S. sanctions and the exit of many foreign companies.

The new Iranian plan, along with action against alleged financial crime, appears to be aimed at easing concern over the U.S. decision.

The plan will offer attractive prices and flexible terms as well as tax holidays for investors who agree to take over some of the 76,000 government projects which are unfinished or idle, Vice-President Eshaq Jahangiri said on state television.
    "Over the past few months, the country's liquidity has gone into housing, foreign exchange and gold coins, raising prices and provoking public concerns," Jahangiri was quoted as saying by the website of the state broadcaster.
    "A main issue in the meeting ... was to find solutions to push liquidity towards employment and activating manufacturing," Jahangiri added after the meeting attended by President Hassan Rouhani, and the heads of parliament and the judiciary.

The Iranian rial plunged to a record low against the U.S. dollar on the unofficial market on Saturday. The dollar was offered for as much as 97,500 rials, compared to about 85,500 a week ago, according to foreign exchange website Bonbast.com.
    The currency has lost more than half of its value this year because of a weak economy, financial difficulties at local banks and heavy demand for dollars among Iranians who fear the effects of sanctions.
    Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejei said on Saturday that 18 people had been arrested over alleged profiteering from foreign exchange dealings and the illegal importing of luxury cars, state television reported.

More at: https://www.businessinsider.com/r-ir...ahoo&r=UK&IR=T
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Swordsmyth sure does seem to hate talk of gold. Almost as much as Zippy does.

Iranian authorities seizing 250,000 gold coins means they don't like gold as money? Hmm. Or is it that they don't want one guy holding such a huge stash outside of their control when the gold-backed reset occurs? I'm sure the Iranian controllers like controlling their economy just as much as our controllers like controlling ours.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Swordsmyth sure does seem to hate talk of gold. Almost as much as Zippy does.

Iranian authorities seizing 250,000 gold coins means they don't like gold as money? Hmm. Or is it that they don't want one guy holding such a huge stash outside of their control when the gold-backed reset occurs? I'm sure the Iranian controllers like controlling their economy just as much as our controllers like controlling ours.
    You are quite confused, I am on the side of gold, if you paid attention to my posts you would know that.

If Iran wanted gold used for money they would have done it by now, instead they aren't prepared for it and they are trying to keep their citizens from using it to prop up their failing fiat.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Didn't watch video, my opening caveat.

That said, if Iran returns to a real gold standard, which I doubt they will, it will be interesting to see whether they are attacked at some point thereafter, and by whom. We already know Theye don't want gold in the picture, as it diminishes their ability to manipulate and control economic issues and thereby those political.

If Iran does not in fact want gold, I can see why. They are a tyranny. Why would a tyrannical regime want anything that empowers those over whom they presume to lord? Ignoring that, they are not exactly stupid people. I am pretty certain the economists and other advisors who are in the house, so to speak, are aware of the disdain with which global banking holds gold, as well as the odd "coincidences" of those nations attempting to return to gold getting mysteriously attacked by NATO, USA, etc. It would seem all nations employing gold money as currency are Eville™ and must be destroyed. Funny, that.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Didn't watch video, my opening caveat.

That said, if Iran returns to a real gold standard, which I doubt they will, it will be interesting to see whether they are attacked at some point thereafter, and by whom. We already know Theye don't want gold in the picture, as it diminishes their ability to manipulate and control economic issues and thereby those political.

If Iran does not in fact want gold, I can see why. They are a tyranny. Why would a tyrannical regime want anything that empowers those over whom they presume to lord? Ignoring that, they are not exactly stupid people. I am pretty certain the economists and other advisors who are in the house, so to speak, are aware of the disdain with which global banking holds gold, as well as the odd "coincidences" of those nations attempting to return to gold getting mysteriously attacked by NATO, USA, etc. It would seem all nations employing gold money as currency are Eville™ and must be destroyed. Funny, that.
    Iran has been shifting toward BRICS for trade, which of course is collectively loading up on gold holdings, so it stands to reason that if BRICS moves to "gold backed" (some modern version of it like gold linked crypto, not a traditional gold redemption standard), they'd want their major trading partners to also use a "gold backed" currency unit. That is why I'm convinced of an impending "gold backed" currency reset.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That is why I'm convinced of an impending "gold backed" currency reset.
    Or yet more warfare.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Iran doesn't want gold used for money.
    While most Wall Street analysts attribute the currency's fall mostly to the pressure from U.S. sanctions, which Washington started reimposing in August, the government has responded to the economic crisis by blaming local currency traders for the rial's fall and setting up special courts to try them for alleged capital crimes.

The two men sentenced to death first went on trial on September 8 over charges of "disrupting the economy" through the creation of a network trading in illegal currency and gold coins, Iranian media reported.
    Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejehi said the swift conclusion of their cases before the Iranian Supreme Court serves as a "warning to opportunists" who aim to "disrupt the economy" during the time of the "enemy's pressure" on Iran -- in an apparent reference to the economic sanctions that the United States is reimposing since withdrawing from Iran's nuclear agreement in April.
    Authorities are clearly making an example of the two currency traders who were sentenced to death were convicted of "spreading corruption on earth," a term used for crimes punishable by death in the Islamic Republic.

RFERL notes that a third person, Hamid Bagheri-Dermani, was also accused of corruption and sentenced to death in preliminary hearings. His case is still up for appeal before the Supreme Court.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ing-fx-markets

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.