Thread: Did Sexism Cost Serena Williams U.S. Open Title? | The View

Did Sexism Cost Serena Williams U.S. Open Title? | The View

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No she lost because her opponent played better than her.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Of course, plus racism. Judge was a white male afterall.

Oh wait, a mulatto Japanese female beat her....doh!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Serena Williams was being beaten by the superior player and decided to go full black woman stereotype while the world watched. What a sad, pathetic display.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

No.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    No she lost because her opponent played better than her.
    This ^^^^

She was excused from the US Open in 2009 for a similar outburst. She was beaten by a new mom, Kim Clijsters.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Funny all the day time talk shows...it was racism and sexism...that is why she lost.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This has the Trigger train rolling:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    This has the Trigger train rolling:
    Would anyone in our "diversity is our strength" work environment and under the watchful eye of HR, be able to keep their job after an outburst like that?

This is one reason you don’t mix sports with politics because these political pundits know nothing about sports.

Let it go Serena... the torch has been passed.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The question is this, is awarding a game to the opposing player for the offense of coaching in the stands, raquet abuse during a championship match fair.

Have no idea how many of u guys actually watches tennis but this coaching from the stand which started all of this is NEVER called, so why now?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The question is this, is awarding a game to the opposing player for the offense of coaching in the stands, raquet abuse during a championship match fair.

Have no idea how many of u guys actually watches tennis but this coaching from the stand which started all of this is NEVER called, so why now?
    This same ref actually gave Serena's sister a warning for the EXACT SAME THING 2 years ago. So much for never being called.

http://larrybrownsports.com/tennis/u...illiams/463180

and
    http://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/i...-let-change-it
    Such code violation warnings aren't rare or unusual. (At least two other players received code violations for coaching, including Dominika Cibulkova was also assessed a coaching violation in her third-round match.)
    Last edited by specsaregood; 09-11-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    This same ref actually gave Serena's sister a warning for the EXACT SAME THING 2 years ago. So much for never being called.

http://larrybrownsports.com/tennis/u...illiams/463180
    I am avid watcher of WTP and ATP matches and I have never seen anyone called for coaching from the stand. But I guess this is something that happens with Ramos all the time.

Hopefully this incident bring about better consistency from all umpires.

I am avid watcher of WTP and ATP matches and I have never seen anyone called for coaching from the stand. But I guess this is something that happens with Ramos all the time.

Hopefully this incident bring about better consistency from all umpires.
    She shouldn't be mad or blame the ref, he was doing what was right. The only person to blame is her coach. His excuse that "everybody does it" is invalid. Besides, the coaching warning didn't cost her anything, it was her antics later that cost her the point.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    She shouldn't be mad or blame the ref, he was doing what was right. The only person to blame is her coach. His excuse that "everybody does it" is invalid. Besides, the coaching warning didn't cost her anything, it was her antics later that cost her the point.
    Yes, Ramos was doing the right thing the same way a person going the speed limit while everybody else on the road is speeding is doing the right thing. I think being consistent with what other umpires are doing is the right thing here but I see your point.

I think the whole warning threw her off her game. This shouldn't have happened had she actually game planned on the umpire before the match started

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Racist Serena Williams cartoon 'nothing to do with race,' paper says

Wrong way to go about it.

The coach admitted he was signalling her to stay closer to the baseline.

That is clearly against the rules. If you have a problem with other coaches doing it, then document it and report the other coaches.. especially if it is the opponent. The answer isn't to ignore the rules.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

She has always had same sex, why Tennis officials are turning 'sexist' now suddenly if this allegation is factual? The person who won is also of the same sex as the person who lost.

There are some conspiracy theories about this surfacing already in comments because of timing coincidence.

Nike Releases Full Colin Kaepernick Commercial Featuring LeBron James, Serena Williams & More

9/5/2018

Serena Williams throws support behind Nike’s ‘powerful statement’ to use Colin Kaepernick in their latest campaign
    The legendary tennis player believes Nike have made a ‘powerful statement’ by unveiling the exiled NFL star as the new face of their ‘Just Do It’ campaign
    4 days ago

The coaching from the stands was debatable. Breaking the racket was an automatic loss of point. Her last outburst cost her a game and was a no brainer call. Not to mention the match was about done.

The bottom line is the coaching from the stands (which I have never seen called but apparently has been by this chair ump) thing didn't cost her anything. Everything that came after that was completely in Serena's control and the calls were beyond standard.