Thread: Franklin D. Roosevelt - Inaugural "The Only Thing We Have to Fear is Fear Itself" Speech

Franklin D. Roosevelt - Inaugural "The Only Thing We Have to Fear is Fear Itself" Speech

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Are we all close to having an October of '29 Surprise
    equal to the one that hit poor Herbert Hoover square?

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Are we all close to having an October of '29 Surprise
    equal to the one that hit poor Herbert Hoover square?
    Not likely. Trump ain't dummy - Trump Escalates Attack On Powell: "Every Time We Do Something Great, He Raises Interest Rates" http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...est-Rates-quot

timosman... If you ever listened to an old recording of William Jennings Bryan in his old age
    delivering his CROSS OF GOLD speech, the first half of what FDR says in the clip reminds me
    of sections of the populist rhetoric that had likewise fired up the Granger movement. The swift
    departure from the politics as usual of the Roaring Twenties happens in the second half of the
    clip. Let's say you gradually get gov't down to what it was in 1935. You'd be very RON PAUL.
    Last edited by Aratus; 10-28-2018 at 02:07 AM. Reason: In order to have a gov't like that of Calvin Coolidge, you have to know why FDR is FDR and why I feel DJT's debt is wrong.

If we are actually more than 15 years away from a 21st century equivalent of the great crash of 1929,
    if elections & this Republic still exists after that crash, odds are the Democratic Party will thrust to the
    fore a politician very much like FDR. Things that set us up for the crash sets the stage for the reaction
    to the unfortunate string of events. FDR had echoes of Jeffersonian Democracy in his public speeches.
    Last edited by Aratus; 10-28-2018 at 02:12 AM. Reason: The faces of the good folks in his crowd of admirers look worried, they are trying to be enthusiastic...

Fear is being bought and sold everywhere these days. "It's an invasion. Genocide is coming. Kill em all first and even those who help them."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.